Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Around the Playoffs (aka Brenda's Wheel of Misfortune)

Nice game plan by the Pens - if down by 3 send Neal to hit Couturier (left feet), Giroux (head shot) and Adams (who cheapshot Alfie 2-3 years ago) to pull hair. Got it. Gutless, cheap, and I hope the Flyers maul them.

This game is a prime example of the refs letting it get out of hand. Neal should have been thrown out ASAP, and he better be suspended tomorrow.

April 15, 2012 at 6:09 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

They call that a penalty against Rinaldo after all the crap they let go by? Malkin waves his stick a few inches away from Rinaldo's face and that's OK.

No words can describe the competency of these refs. I'm sure glad the best refs are working the playoffs.

April 15, 2012 at 6:12 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Bring out the brooms. Go Flyers!

April 15, 2012 at 6:15 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

all that stuff at the end was because of the refs, yet again. if they had thrown neal out after the hit on couturier, which somehow they all missed, the rest wouldn't have happened.

April 15, 2012 at 6:16 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

flyers dj playing Huk Hogan's theme song after the hartnell fight was freakin' funny though.

April 15, 2012 at 6:19 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Instead of suspensions they should force the players to watch the Devil-Panthers series. Now that would be a deterrent..

April 15, 2012 at 6:34 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Instead of suspensions they should force the players to watch the Devil-Panthers series. Now that would be a deterrent..

April 15, 2012 at 6:34 PM | Homer

The woman in the front row picking her nose behind the talking head in between the benches was pretty entertaining. Now where is the nine fingered flasher?

April 15, 2012 at 7:58 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

Hagelin suspended for 3 games.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=172651

April 15, 2012 at 7:59 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

the colour guy doing the devils-fla game sounds just like jesse ventura.

April 15, 2012 at 9:49 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell
April 15, 2012 at 9:56 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

t-shirt behind the canucks bench: the Sedin Sisters: 2 girls, no cup.

LMAO.

April 15, 2012 at 11:55 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I really hope the Pens get swept

I've been wishing for that since before the playoffs started. I'm not fond of the Flyers but the Penguins became my second most hated team (passing the Sabres) earlier this year and the antics of the team, and their star player, have cemented them in this position behind the blue team and in some ways surpassing them.

A four-and-out for the NHL darlings would be, to use a Stooli term, GOLD!

April 16, 2012 at 12:12 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

hell no! i want to see that series go 7! too much fun!

April 16, 2012 at 12:28 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I think the only thing better than the Pens getting swept is when the Leafs finish Ninth.

April 16, 2012 at 12:30 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

every time i hear that Boyle was unwilling or defenceless, i think of Clint Eastwwod in Unforgiven.

"you just shot an unarmed man"

"well, he should have armed himself"

April 16, 2012 at 10:03 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

So who would have thought that the Devils - Pathers game was the best hockey I saw yesterday.

April 16, 2012 at 11:10 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Z-Kop gets a $2500 fine and the team gets a $10k fine for his chirping of Boyle during a pre-game interview.

Let me get this straight: chirping is a bigger 'no-no' than smashing someone's head into the glass, as defined by the monetary penalties assigned to these two actions.

Got it.

Carry on, everyone. As you were.

April 16, 2012 at 3:57 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

@Kardinal: Personally I would have smashed his head in the glass... Same price, more fun...

April 16, 2012 at 4:15 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Let me get this straight: chirping is a bigger 'no-no' than smashing someone's head into the glass, as defined by the monetary penalties assigned to these two actions.

Well that's thoroughly perplexing.

April 16, 2012 at 6:46 PM | Registered CommenterHomer
April 17, 2012 at 10:54 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I got some strange looks around the office after bursting out laughing over this bit:

Daly: OK, to summarize: Gary Bettman has drafted Sidney Crosby in every round because he doesn't know the names of any other players. Jay Feaster's team consists of Jarome Iginla, Olli Jokinen, Lanny MacDonald and the 1975 Washington Capitals. And Rox Hextall and Patrick Roy are currently out in the hallway fighting with samurai swords.

Roy: There can be only one!

April 17, 2012 at 11:04 AM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

Hot off the Wheel of Misfortune presses:

CHI's Andrew Shaw gets three games for clipping PHX's Mike Smith, who should have got a diving call as well (any EPL footballer would have been proud of the acting job).

What happened to "go to the quiet room" for suspected head injuries, or are goalies not included in that rule? (/sarcasm)

April 17, 2012 at 3:27 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Another disgusting hit tonight. Torres jumps and delivers a blatant headshot on Hossa who had to boarded off the ice. After the Seabrook incident last year Shanny needs to sit him for the playoffs and into next season.

April 17, 2012 at 9:31 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

Torres is the new MattCooke

April 17, 2012 at 10:01 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

And if one of the Hawks pound the crap out of him they'll be suspended.

April 17, 2012 at 10:05 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior