Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Sean Couturier

ZBad better be good because this guy is a complete player both offense and defense and he's taking it right to Malkin in this playoff series.

Watching that draft last June I was excited that he fell for the chance for the Senators to draft him and then they pick I guy I never heard of. Not that, that means anything but this guy was once rated the No.1 prospect and he looks great in this exciting Philly v. Pens series.

I realize obviously that it's early but damn this guy is already a very good player. Don't want to be doing the Brian Lee thing when it comes to ZBad so I'm pulling for him to be as special as Couturier is.

ohhh and by the way a HatTrick in a road playoff game isn't too bad either.

April 13, 2012 at 10:04 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

he just got a hat trick. StooLi's not gonna be happy about that one.

April 13, 2012 at 10:12 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

LOL @ Homer---these 2 play some exciting games don't they?

April 13, 2012 at 10:13 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

It's crazy, then you switch over to NJ/Florida and it's like watching a knitting competition.

I never would have thought that Philly would have wont the two 1st games in Pittsburgh.

April 13, 2012 at 10:14 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Couturier was ranked #1 for a while, then for some reason his stock dropped or everyone else went up over the course of the season last year.

April 13, 2012 at 10:18 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

u stayed awake long enough to be able to switch back over?

April 13, 2012 at 10:18 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I think Pierre McGuire said he got mono or something like that, then his stock fell

April 13, 2012 at 10:19 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

His stock fell because he sucked in the playoffs (juniors).
Zibanejad has a concussion right now. In his own words, he's more of a defense-first type of player.
If you expect him to have Couturier's offensive upside, you'll be disappointed.

April 13, 2012 at 10:41 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Member when the Laffs picked Schenn over Karlsson? I never get too happy about that went because we had a whole lotta Runblad and Z-bad in the system.

If Alfie retires we could get into that long-term rebuild some people wanted.

Keepin' it positive!

April 13, 2012 at 10:55 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

Karlsson was never ever going to go off the board at #5 where Schenn did, and Schenn was expected to be picked that high. I was looking at pre draft sheets and not one of them had Karlsson going until very late in first round.
Dawg that's not good news about ZBad saying he's more of a Defensive player because Couturier had been a better defender than offensive player this regular season. He plays regularly on the PK too.

April 13, 2012 at 11:01 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

The knock on Couturier was that he had a horrible work ethic and attitude. With the way this team was being built that was a huge red flag. The kid is big and nasty but he is sheltered with the Flyers depth. Something we didn't have.

April 14, 2012 at 5:28 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

that just proves that some of those stupid labels are just that, stupid. This guy sells out of D, plays the PK and then gets hat tricks in playoff games. Pierre McGuire never said that about him on TGOR either he praised that pick when Philly made it. I hope Montreal doesn't hire him.

April 14, 2012 at 6:57 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I wanted ZBad and still want ZBad over Couturier. He's playing behind Briere, Giroux, Hartnell, Schenn, Jagr, JVR, Voracek, Simmonds.

I actually hope that the Habs get McGuire just to get him off the air. He may be a good judge of junior talent, but I don't think he will be a good team builder.

April 14, 2012 at 10:20 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange