Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Ep. 23 feedback

If you don't have the time for the download, this pretty much sums up the episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2EA2nA2ar0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thanks again for having us on

April 12, 2012 at 8:19 AM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan
April 12, 2012 at 11:53 AM | Registered CommenterLegatron

In case anyone is interested, here is a link to the article about points per million dollar of salary spending I was referring to in episode 23.

And thanks to everyone for the feedback on my appearances on the podcast; it has been quite humbling to hear that people liked my contributions (or is it that my takes suck but I have a good voice? Ha!).

April 12, 2012 at 3:57 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

David-Kardinal u guys are pros on those podcasts very good job

Strombolopolous

April 12, 2012 at 11:50 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I can't spell it's really:

Stroumboulopoulos it's as tough as Healy to spell

April 13, 2012 at 12:18 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Agreed. Kardinal and David did a great job.

April 13, 2012 at 12:40 AM | Registered CommenterSunshine

Murray needs to sign Strombo and some indian guys with last names like "Balasubramanium" to really screw with Bob Cole's head...

April 13, 2012 at 10:40 AM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Good lord, he can't even get Kuba right! its only 2 syllables.

April 13, 2012 at 10:41 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Reporter: "Mr Murray, why did you sign these two guys?"
BM: "Because I want to hear Bob Cole say 'Screw this, I quit!'"

April 13, 2012 at 10:52 AM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Bob Cole: "The puck is moved up by the Sens player......|
Galley: "Which one?"
Cole: "Balasub.......Baleofstuff.......Bigrigstuff.....I think Joe Bowen had it right during the preseason when he asked why Ottawa can't sign more players with names like Smith after he couldn't pronounce Roon-blad."
Galley: "What is with Toronto-homer announcers who can pronounce Grabovski but can't pronounce Karlsson?"
Cole: "It's easier to pronounce an name written in blue".
Galley: ::facepalm::

April 13, 2012 at 11:52 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Kaigorodov, was the name you were trying to think of. And lets not forget about the most recent Filitov.

Nashville had/has Radulov, who bolted in 2008 to the KHL while still under contract for the Preds. Now he comes back to join the Preds at the end of the season. It's almost like, of you have a good team a now and have a chance to deep in the playoffs. I think I'll come back.

If I were a GM, I would seriously think twice, maybe three times before drafting a Russian, especially in the 1st round. Let's see how Grabovski does after signing his big deal in Toronto

April 13, 2012 at 12:51 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

I just had a 'road to Damascus' moment over why Burkie says he doesn't believe in the draft and will build his team through trades:

1) he has no faith in his scouting team, after the being told Kadri was a good pick to make and being chewed up by fans and the media over it for the past three years (while Bryan Murray is secretly thankful as Cowan has been a far better result from that draft)
2) he believes his own hype that he can continue to convince people to make the trades he proposes that are so completely one-sided (Gardiner + Lupul + pick for Beauchemin)

April 13, 2012 at 1:14 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

What I find interesting is that when the bog talking head arrived in Toronto he said that he wanted a team that was tenacity, truculence, testicular fortitude and all those other big tough words. He also said that Ron Wilson was a excellent coach for this team. After the trade deadline he also said that he believed 100% in current team and coach.

Now in the present day, the coach has been fired. One of the reason? Wilson didn't coach a tough style game, but a few months before he was an excellent coach for this team.
The big talking head also said that the current team is not tough and big enough. This team, that HE built doesn't have the tenacity, truculence, testicular fortitude that he said he was going the bring in 3 1/2 years ago.
the big talking head also said that there would be big changes this summer. This a few short months after he said that he believed 100% in the team.

That article about about points per million dollar of salary spending not having an explication for the leafs? Well the explanation is plenty clear. It's BAD management. From JFJ to Burke, nothing has changed. Futility from the top on down.

April 13, 2012 at 3:55 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Kaigorodov. right. thank you.

April 13, 2012 at 5:08 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Chilly Chiles closing sale is now in progress; 50% off all stock until the end of the day on April 15th. Get your "Screaming Sphincter" before it's all gone!

April 13, 2012 at 6:15 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

went a week ago and picked up $75 worth. i'm stocked for the summer. she said no one else around does this type of thing so there is a market opening there....

April 13, 2012 at 6:49 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

i was given a set of tix today for game three on monday, 200 level! woot woot!!!!

April 13, 2012 at 6:50 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Hey, I've been away most of this week, so haven't heard the podcast. I take it from Kardinal's comment that my e-mail referencing "Screaming Sphincter" was read? If so....heh heh. :-)

April 14, 2012 at 7:51 PM | Registered CommenterBoingy