Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Save the SU

So, the topic of "What would it take to save the Sens Underground?" briefly came up at "The Gathering" today for playoffs clincher game... The boys mentioned it would be cool if they were doing the show on the radio. So, I'm thinking, in order to get on the radio airwaves, or be an official podcast of the Senators Fans, they SU Podcast would need some major audience numbers. Not sure what they are now, but they would likely need at least 10,000 in the Ottawa-valley. Again, not an expert here; just spit-balling. To get the ratings up there would need to be some major promotion (i.e. in the parking lot before games, on Sens mile, online, etc.) to get the word out. There still are to this day Sens fans who are just discovering the podcast.

The other thought I had was about content. What would the content have to be in order to be approved by a radio station or the Sens organization. The program would have to remain "from a fan's perspective" and raw to a certain extent, but they would likely have to make some changes.

Bottom line is still do Russell, Shredderer and StooLi want to keep doing this on a new level?

Anyway, just throwing it out there. After all, it's a show for the fans by the fans :))

I understand if the boys are tired of doing the same old thing and want to move on. But if they want to make the next step, what better time to start a campaign than Playoffs time when excitement around the team is high.

April 1, 2012 at 7:53 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg