Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Habs fire Gauthier

Well, it was no big surprise but Gauthier has been canned. Pretty much a feces riddled season for the Habs.

Will the fans sing him out with the na na naaaa naa song?

March 29, 2012 at 10:56 AM | Registered CommenterPortera

Must be a move in the right direction, since one of my Habs friends has allowed us to discuss hockey again; previous to that, it was a banned topic in November.

March 29, 2012 at 11:39 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Certainly no surprise. But you have to wonder why they would do it with 5 games left. Why not wait til season is over.

March 29, 2012 at 1:37 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Certainly no surprise. But you have to wonder why they would do it with 5 games left. Why not wait til season is over.

... hey Senior, did you mean why didn't they let him finish the season out instead of interuptting his work partway through? Kind of like he did when he traded Camallerri to Calgary - in between periods, no less? Maybe ...?

... to be honest, I see a bit of poetic justice to it all ...

March 29, 2012 at 4:28 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

I think Pierre McGuire would be a great fit. Drafting so high and with such a short time to scout, or depend on a scouting staff that isn't yours, I think his knowledge of the junior players, he'd be a great fit. Plus everyone knows him and he child attract free agents quite well.

March 29, 2012 at 8:32 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

Kind of like he did when he traded Camallerri to Calgary - in between periods, no less? Maybe ...?

Or firing coaches and assistant coaches on a game day? Hire a new coach and throw him under the bus in the same day.

Moves likes that shows a lack of class. Who would ever want to work for this guy or sign as a free agent on a team that he manages.

March 29, 2012 at 8:37 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

the habs should thank the lord the laffs are around to keep them from being the biggest joke in the league.

March 29, 2012 at 9:33 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

all that u guys said is true about the Habs and stupid Leafs but the Senators couldn't beat these 2 sad ass sack piece of crap teams and that should piss all of us off. I realize they are rivals and all but if the Sens had handled business they'd already be in the playoffs.

March 29, 2012 at 10:52 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

You're bang on tj. that's why voted "a monumental disappointment" in the poll. If we do miss the playoff, it'll probably by a few points that we should have gotten in the games against the habs and leafs the past few weeks.

March 30, 2012 at 12:19 AM | Registered CommenterHomer