Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Melnyk Interview

James Gordon did an interview with Eugene

Here are a few excerpts.

On weather or not Ottawa will be a cap team again.
You’ve got two choices, you can either draft badly and then you’re going to pay for success, or you invest into your scouting programs, as we do, and it creates great dividends. We had our eye on Karlsson and actually traded up for him.

as much as people think there are deep pockets around — you can’t. It becomes very painful. You can spend to the cap. It’s very easy. Any idiot can do that.

Hummm.. I wonder that reminds me of this other team.....

On dealing with unruly fans

If it starts getting out of hand, we’re just not even going to let ‘em in the building, because you can kind of pretty much tell when a guy’s out of his mind before he even gets in the door.

I can tell you places I wouldn’t go without heavy security myself. They wouldn’t even know I’m there. I wouldn’t dare wear a sweater. Philadelphia’s one of them. You ask me who I would not want to play? I wouldn’t want to play New Jersey or Philadelphia. You’re going into a war zone (laughs). I’d rather be in Kandahar

Does anyone know if someone's ever been denied entrance at SBP if they are known to be a trouble maker or looks like they are only there to cause trouble?

March 23, 2012 at 12:24 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Does anyone know if someone's ever been denied entrance at SBP if they are known to be a trouble maker or looks like they are only there to cause trouble?

StooLi?

March 23, 2012 at 12:43 PM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle