Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > First Game in the Promise Land!

So, after seeing the Sens in Phoenix and Tampa I am finally heading up for my first home game for the April 5th (Thursday) game against the Bruins. I'll likely have 9 Bruins fan in tow for firewood.

I'm looking for some advice from the groundhogs in order to arrange this trip. None of us want to drive to the disaster of the parking lot, so we're looking into taking one of the bus lines for transportation to and from the game (or limo or some other drunk bus for hire option).

I'm also looking for a good Sens-orientated bar scene for postgame (needs to be fairly friendly to the Bruins' fans in tow). With that in mind I'd also like to find a decent (quality and price) hotel nearby to make it as easy as possible to get back from the bars and to the bus line for the game originally.

March 20, 2012 at 8:17 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

You have many options, Agent Orange...

If you stay in Kanata, there are plenty of hotels and motels (i.e. Brookstreet), and several decent bars in the Kanata Centrum (i.e. Crazy Horse, O'Connor's, Jack Astors). And you'll be close to Scotiabank Place.

You can also shuttle by bus from downtown and stay at one of the hotels/motels on Elgin St. (Business Inn, Arosa Suites on Elgin and MacLaren) or in the Byward Market (Courtyard Mariott on Dalhousie and York).

Tons of bars, patios, clubs and late night diners. Best thing to do is walk around and pick what you like.
My favourite places in the market are Patty Boland's (Irish pub, live music), Cornestone's (nice patio, hot girls), Pub 101 (awesome pub).
On Elgin I like St. Louis Bar & Grill (nice patio), The Standard (club), Hooley's bar, Maclaren's (pool bar).

Good late snack diners are Elgin St. Diner and Dunn's on Elgin.

Info overload, I know. Hopefully others can help you narrow it down.

March 20, 2012 at 9:41 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Looks like we're going to crash at the Lord Elgin (nice central location). Chances are we'll end up in the Market and hop from place to place.

March 26, 2012 at 11:19 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

you'll be at ground zero.

March 26, 2012 at 11:36 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Since you are at the Lord Elgin, you can walk down the street to the Lieutenant's Pump and take their shuttle bus to the game:

Lieutenant's Pump webpage

It's $10 and will get you to the game and back to downtown without having to worry about driving. Since parking is $15, this is a pretty good deal. It's also a great excuse, err, reason, for a pint or two before you leave downtown.

If you prefer to take public transportation, you can pick up OC Transpo route 403 to Scotiabank Place.

March 27, 2012 at 8:33 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal