Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > #6 Devils @ #7 Sens

REFEREES SUCK, REFEREES SUCK, REFEREES SUCK, REFEREES SUCK

yeah, we have a power play!!

Now chant SCORE A GOAL, SCORE A GOAL, SCORE A GOAL

March 20, 2012 at 9:55 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

I hate the refs

March 20, 2012 at 9:55 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

maybe Stache pissed them off again.

March 20, 2012 at 9:56 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

oh no, not the dreaded 5 on 3

March 20, 2012 at 9:59 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

WTF was all that?

March 20, 2012 at 9:59 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Karlsson needs new sticks.

March 20, 2012 at 9:59 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

i'm gonna bet Figgs would havce been called for GI on that same play.

March 20, 2012 at 9:59 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

get Spezza in there

March 20, 2012 at 10:00 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Wow. This powerplay is unthinkably bad.

March 20, 2012 at 10:00 PM | Registered Commenterpitlick

pull the goalie

March 20, 2012 at 10:01 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Karlsson left $900 in sticks lying on the ice tonight.

March 20, 2012 at 10:02 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Sweet mothering fracking Jesus! What is wrong with this team?

March 20, 2012 at 10:03 PM | Registered CommenterPortera

Another waste of an evening.

March 20, 2012 at 10:03 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Bishop was very good. at least that's something

March 20, 2012 at 10:03 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

pull the goalie

don't you mean "Pull the Bishop"

March 20, 2012 at 10:03 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Crap. I'm going to be in a bad mood for the rest of the day - and the day just started.

March 20, 2012 at 10:03 PM | Registered CommenterShanghaiSenator

Motherfraker---that PP was God Awful!!!!!

March 20, 2012 at 10:03 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I would like to see the Stache wait for the ref and punch him right in the jewels as he's leaving the arena.

March 20, 2012 at 10:04 PM | Registered CommenterPortera

Wow. I'd rather listen to the collected works of Yoko Ono than listen to Randy Carlyle moan and bitch about how the leafs suck. Changing the channel...

March 20, 2012 at 10:12 PM | Registered CommenterPortera

I admit that I had to fast forward just a little bit and also had a crying baby in my lap for half the game so take my comments with a grain of salt...

Volchenkov seems to have disappeared into the Devils Borg-like team.

Spezza would have helped. BIshop played awesome. There's a coaching problem right now. That PP one timer thing with Alfie in the corner on the bad angle shot stopped working. That's all we seem to have had lately.

Their goalie made all of the key saves he needed to. I thought Michalek played well tonight. Had energy. They must have instilled "defense first" into Turris down in Phoenix. He's always at the top of the crease looking to clean up rebounds in our end.

We need goals! Foligno and Smith are really ineffective right now. Maybe in this pre-playoffs time of year we are looking like we are mid-way through a rebuild rather than already done one. Doesn't it look like that? Condra and the AHL boys are stuggling. Greening got barrels of top 6 minutes the others didn't get and it helped his numbers.

March 20, 2012 at 10:44 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

lack of scoring depth is an obvious problem right now. i think you're just seeing the natural progression as teams tighten up into play-off mode and goals are getting harder to come by. those second tier guys are not going to get anything easy and are going to have to work a lot harder to make a contribution now.

March 20, 2012 at 11:14 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

u guys are right but it Really Really sucks to lose 1-0.

March 21, 2012 at 2:23 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

you know boys...

sucks to lose, sucks to lose. But if we had won, we likely wouldn't be "as" hard on this team. We were in that game. If we're going to the playoffs - we just wanna be in the games, right? We don't want any 8-0, 6-1, 5-2 blowouts.. we want a chance to win, right? right?

The vets know what it takes. Spezza... get well... thank you for getting sick NOW and not in 3 weeks time. Alfie... pace yourself, you know what's coming.

Goaltending was solid. Heck, Bishop KNEW where Kovy was going, it seemed like Bishop jumped right over to that corner, but somehow missed it. Watch the replay :)

Some downers right now.. and it's not just the PP.. .it's the whole mentality of the predictable shot form the point. We are too predictable with it... but it's a good strategy... we just are forgetting to (a) HIT THE NET, and (b) TRAFFIC!

Goals wont come easy, and getting that ingrained in their heads NOW (instead of in 3 weeks) is good... this is all good prep.

I know I know.. we're worried they'll fall. I'm not. Other team has to WIN when we LOSE to gain ground, and that has to happen about 3-4 times for us to be "out" of it. This keeps us honest, keeps us pushing.

Don't get me wrong - I'm very concerned too... but you and I both know these games don't mean a lick of sh*t .. it's all about prep. Losing this way, finding it hard to score, getting shown how predictable we are, getting sick.. yup... expose this NOW.. not in 3 weeks.

:)

March 21, 2012 at 10:22 AM | Registered CommenterLegatron

"Positivity Canuck"?

We're going to have to win a couple more regular season games to get into the show. The boys got to 'er done!

March 21, 2012 at 11:29 AM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

As always I was watching the game on my computer. After the first I started doing other things whilst listening to Dean and Denis. What a snoozefest. Once they scored I started to read the forums to see if it would get any better. No such luck. So I just quit watching, must have saved almost an hour of my life that way.

Just to be polite I told the uploader of the game, I've been looking forward to this game. There was a bit of truth in there as I look forwards to any hockey game. Not so much the games against the Devils, well they didn't disappoint in that regard. The problem is those games mostly download overnight. And if I see any chance I'll watch them first thing in the morning. That's already 2 totally spoiled days this week!

I can't put my finger on it (as I'm sure no one can), but it seems the Sens lost their spark. Karlsson makes some nice plays but they just don't seem to connect lately. Apart from that goal late against the Asylum of Insane Treehuggers, we've been shut out more than 2 games. Condra should seriously consider ditching 22, since he's already more cementhanded than Kelly has ever been. Hasn't Kelly changed numbers with the Bruins? Not that I'm the superstitious type, just saying.

The only thing I look forward to is Spezza returning. He usually tears it up upon return, doesn't he? Get the baby and get it over with, there are more important things in the life of a hockey player :).

Go Sens, Go!

March 22, 2012 at 4:52 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru