Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Sens Underground Get Together

So we know Shredder is a busy, we know Stooli is gonna get busy, and we know Russell likes to get busy.

If we wait for playoffs, it ain't happening.

So how about this: Saturday April 7th... Sens last season game on the road at 3pm (afternoon game) against the Devils.
We can descend upon a local establishment and cheer ourselves into the playoffs (or watch ourselves back into them) :)

Interested?

March 19, 2012 at 11:48 AM | Registered CommenterLegatron

Isn't that Easter weekend?

March 19, 2012 at 3:49 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

It is indeed Easter weekend. I was thinking that the weekend before might be a better bet. It's somewhat short notice, but at least people won't be traveling out of town or up to their armpits in in-laws who haven't been around long enough for you to need an excuse to leave for the afternoon (even if you really want to get away from them).

Sunday April 1st has a 3pm game at the Islanders. I'd suggest either returning to James St Pub or joining the RSU at The Wood (Wellington at Holland).

March 19, 2012 at 5:13 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

I'm fine with Sunday April 1st

March 20, 2012 at 11:23 AM | Registered CommenterLegatron

Book it; April fool's it is.

March 20, 2012 at 12:27 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

April 1 works for me too. Plus it's a game against the islanders. Cake walk

March 20, 2012 at 7:06 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

don't say cakewalk!!!

March 20, 2012 at 11:10 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

So April 1st at the Wood on Wellington.

SU - you in? Wanna promote it?

March 21, 2012 at 9:58 AM | Registered CommenterLegatron

looks like that day is good for all of us too. as long as Stooli's wife doesn't decide to pop the baby that day. But considering it's April Fool's day, wouldn't that just be a perfect fit for him?

March 22, 2012 at 8:36 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

let's do it!

March 22, 2012 at 8:51 AM | Registered CommenterLegatron

Is someone going to reserve space because The Wood is tiny (twss)... It's basically one long hallway, with a bit of space at the end.

March 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

might i suggest we take our gathering to a larger place, then? say, Liam McGuire's?

March 22, 2012 at 6:48 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I think that's a fantastic idea!

March 23, 2012 at 8:43 AM | Registered CommenterLegatron

ok, we're on for Sunday, April 1st at Liam McGuire's, corner of St.Laurent and Innes. The game starts at 3 pm so let's try to get there by 2:30 pm. i don't think this is an April fool's gag but if I'm the only one that shows up, then I'll now for sure.

I hope you all can make it. will be nice to see you one last time and say thanks for listening for all these years.

March 25, 2012 at 2:17 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

My oldest daughter is moving into her first apartment here in Kingston on the 1st of April, so naturally Dad the mover is needed on that day. I'll likely be up for a play-off game or two this spring (hopefully)... maybe we can catch a beer around then ...

Have fun, guys!!!

March 25, 2012 at 9:14 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

not a huge fan of that place, but me and the missus will be there... i'll try and keep her from wearing her Islanders jersey....

March 25, 2012 at 10:37 PM | Registered CommenterSpaceman
March 26, 2012 at 10:43 AM | Registered CommenterLegatron

Beer on tap and the game on TV....that's really all that is required for an SU get-together. Well, perhaps a couple of "LEAFS SUCK!" during the game as well. I'll be there.

March 26, 2012 at 10:44 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Doubtful I'll be able to go. I'm on call for work that weekend and aside from having some planned work on Sunday morning, I also need to be able to log into work and respond to a call if required.

March 26, 2012 at 7:37 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Why don't we go to a place that has a little more life out there than at Innes/St. Laurent?

Just throwin it out there...

I'd suggest:
- the Brig on York St. (great food);
- Georgetown Pub on Bank St.(big projection screen, huge beer selection, pub food), or;
- Maclaren's on Elgin St. (pool, big screens galore)

March 26, 2012 at 8:03 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Just tell me the place and I'll be there. I have no dog in this race ;)

March 26, 2012 at 8:13 PM | Registered CommenterLegatron

Let's keep it at Liam's, no need to complicate things at this point.

March 26, 2012 at 8:34 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

You can make it an easy poll question if you want, Russell

March 26, 2012 at 10:39 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

Don't forget, SU get together Sunday, April 1st at Liam McGuire's, 2;30 pm. Be there!

March 31, 2012 at 7:38 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

thanks to everyone that came out this afternoon for the get together. good times and a play-off spot clinched! #suckitpahaneuf!

look for another one dring the play-offs.

April 1, 2012 at 7:20 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell