Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Friday night with the Habs (again)

The name Klinkhammer was first said on CBC at 13:20 of the 2nd period

Part of that was probably the string of PP Ottawa got. Klinkhammer only had 13 secs of total PP time. The way our PP was playing (or not playing), I would have given him some PP time. He plays hard and isn't afraid to go to the net. Have him buzz around the front of the crease on the PP.

We had about 17 minutes of PP time (including a lengthy delayed penalty call on Montreal) and not a single goal . That is inexcusable. On the 5-3, they just stood there and passed the puck around the perimeter. Montreal's triangle stayed stationary and was able to cover all angles. Sure Georges was blocking a lot of shots, but just means that you need to move around more to try to catch the other team out of position.

March 17, 2012 at 10:14 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

actually, from what we saw, habs fans were exceptionally well behaved last night. we were even joking around with some. AND we met a sensible, logical, friendly laff fan, believe it or not. weird.

Sens had 8 shots on 9 PPs last night. brutal. another big reason why they had so much trouble against them is they didn't hit them enough. mtl is one of the smallest teams in the league, we're one of the biggest....and we barely touched them. played right into their sleepy style of play. the sens should have just ran them over. they didn't get to the net enough. price played very well but there were hardly any rebound chances.

but, in the end, they stayed with it long enough to get the win. but it shouldn't have been that hard.

March 17, 2012 at 11:01 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I"m not blaming Klink for anything, but he actually had slightly more ice time than Neil. So, he's not an impact player right now. He and O'Brien are the new Winchester and Daugavins: Playing okay now, not sure they're part of the future yet. (I think Klink came on the Campoli trade unless I'm wrong)

That powerplay is unspeakable. You guys have said it all.

I see that tweet at the left about Silfverberg and Z-Bad. After seeing Z-bad and Runblad (especially) be so highly touted I don't assume anyone in that league is going to be an NHLer. The talk around Silflverberg reminds me of Runblad. The guy was the top scorer in the SEL and he gets to Ottawa and it's like "WTF?!, This guy needs a couple of years in the AHL."

March 17, 2012 at 11:14 AM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

sens now been held without a power play goal in seven of their past eight games. ouch!

i have no idea why Butler plays at all. he does nothing, esp on 4th line. at least Dog Ovens is a good checker.

Gilroy.....useless. i want lee back. or carkner in.

March 17, 2012 at 11:20 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I try to think about the Lee thing as not a trade but a tryout. Murray gives up a guy he wasn't going to sign. Still....

Anyway, Lee has 4 points in 8 games in Tampa. I'd bet his confidence is growing like crazy.

It's hard to say much about Murray's recent decisions with the Anderson and Bishop acquisitions and MacLean hiring. They are so much more important that the decision to not sign Lee. It's just that it's sucks to see Gilroy out there screwing around.

March 17, 2012 at 1:06 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

the best thing about Sifverburg is he told Sens Mgt that he needed more time in Sweden and that he wanted to be better prepared and stronger when he comes to NAmerica. He's also more than willing to go to Bingo to get better.

March 17, 2012 at 2:25 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

i heard that in a recent game, Lee logged the most ice time of any tampa defenceman.

March 17, 2012 at 4:33 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

wasn't the record with Lee in the lineup right before the trade something like 13-0-1 in the games he had played. He had actually started coming around and he gets booted out the door for a so called "puck moving defenseman".

March 17, 2012 at 6:43 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln