Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Don Cherry

He might be a laugh fan but wow watch last nights Coach's Corner Cherry

March 4, 2012 at 5:07 AM | Registered CommenterThatAffleckGuy

yeah, that was epic! gotta find a barn to put these two in.

March 4, 2012 at 10:06 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

and Don popped his twitter Cherry too (@CoachsCornerCBC)

March 4, 2012 at 11:52 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

In regards to the whole thing that Toronto doesn't have any Ontario players on their team, but several US College players, remember at the World Juniors when Shane Prince was cut and alluded to the fact that he decided to go the CHL route instead of the USA Hockey program had an impact on him being cut.

Well Burke is friend of USA Hockey and was also active with them at the Olympics. So who knows what Burke decides if in his mind an OHL player and a US College player are closely matched who he would pick? He could very well prefer the US College player just because of his affiliation.

My take is that a US college player will most likely only be available at around 22 years old and you had no say on his development up to that point. Picking a CHL player, he can be assigned to your farm team at 19-20 years old and have a couple years of development under your organization's system. Sure there are some great US college players, but overall the advantage has to be given to a CHL player with some development in your team's farm system.

Oh yeah, I forgot Toronto doesn't develop their players, Toronto has 3 forwards, 2 defencemen and 1 goalie that they actually drafted.
That includes Frattin and Kadri who aren't regulars yet.

I hope the leafs miss the playoffs and Burke gets fired. Then the next GM starts to mold the team into his vision and takes a few more years of playoff misses to implement, and so on, and so on...

March 4, 2012 at 12:20 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Nothing makes my heart sing like seeing leaf-land in disarray and ol' Donny bustin' their balls. I was loving it right up until the end when he threw that right hook with that little guy that died, and he got me all verklempt...

March 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM | Registered CommenterPortera

... I'd have bought the whole routine as truly righteous indignation from Cherry, but then they promo-ed the Wrath of Grapes coming up on the CBC. Typical attention-getting, keyed towards getting you listening to Cherry again ... its all a bit sickening, if you ask me ...

March 4, 2012 at 4:57 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck