Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Is Wilson done?

Leaf fans chanting fire Wilson. Announcers think he has lost the team. Wilson was interviewed after the game and he looked beat. Anyone think he will finish the season?

February 28, 2012 at 9:59 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

1) We talk about the laffs more than their fans.
2) I think Wilson earned another extension, well, Burkie thinks so.

February 28, 2012 at 10:04 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

I agree, Burkie was bang on to sign this guy to an extension. The only mistake is that he didn't sign him to a 5 year extension.

February 28, 2012 at 10:06 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

the playoffs? playoffs? playoffs??

February 28, 2012 at 10:08 PM | Registered CommenterLegatron

Dawg--we need to talk about them when they've went 1-8-1 over their last 10.

NBCSports just really made fun of Condra's awful nite but like they said its all good win your team wins

February 28, 2012 at 10:25 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

They never should've resigned him until they made the playoffs. Burke is too bull headed to admit fault and fire him. This will be another 3 year rebuild where Schenn, who was supposed to be the start of the rebuild, will be a grizzly veteran....or leave as a UFA. Disaster all around.

February 28, 2012 at 10:55 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

Why would you fire a shoe in for the Jack Adams? Sure, Trotz has a Nashville team firing on all cylinders, sure MacLean took a projected last place team into a playoff team, sure Tortorella is coaching a president's trophy team. But Wilson has the Leafs in like 9th-10th, that's ALMOST the playoffs - gotta be worth a Jack Adams finalist at least. Sheesh!

February 28, 2012 at 11:10 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

At Christmas time Burke bitches at the trade freeze being too close to Christmas and self imposes a trade freeze a couple weeks before Christmas. This week, Burke was bitching at the trade deadline and how it's tough on his team.

Now that we're in the final 20 games and the playoff push, he'll complain that too is too much pressure for his team and the league should get rid of it.

In Burke's perfect world, everyone makes the playoffs, Trades are only allowed on his timeline and no one is allowed to say anything bad about the Leafs.

February 28, 2012 at 11:13 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Down Goes Brown ‏ @DownGoesBrown

It will be fun after Wilson is fired, and the Toronto media takes turns calling him on Christmas morning to ask how his job search is going.

February 28, 2012 at 11:21 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Is wilson done? God, I hope not!

February 28, 2012 at 11:22 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

they were really saying FILE YOUR WILL

February 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM | Registered CommenterThatAffleckGuy

I hear the opening of waffle boxes...

February 29, 2012 at 5:31 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

just watching he sports news and loving all the laff panic and despair. its like a beautiful song to me!

February 29, 2012 at 6:46 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Well the panic is the realisation that THIS is the result of Burke's rebuild, and next year they not be as good as this year if they start changing things. What's do say they can make the playoffs next year? Maybe not.

February 29, 2012 at 6:57 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

Don't give a sh*t. May they suck balls as long as possible.

February 29, 2012 at 7:25 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

WTF up w/Chicago giving the Laffs 3 in the first?

February 29, 2012 at 8:43 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

hawks up 4-3 in the 2nd with razor in net!

February 29, 2012 at 9:31 PM | Registered Commentervansensfan

and that's it - hossa scores the game winner as the hawks take down the leafs 5-4. how much uglier can this get?

February 29, 2012 at 10:36 PM | Registered Commentervansensfan

too bad!!!!! the Leafs lose again and they are 1-9-1 and sinking. this all since they beat Ottawa on that crappy Saturday nite.

this means Emery with his good performance tonite will probably be in net vs.Sens Friday nite

February 29, 2012 at 10:40 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Saw this post about the lafs on another site: It's like watching a sad movie about a clown, you don't know whether to laugh or cry.

March 1, 2012 at 10:05 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

I'm laughing so hard that I'm crying

March 1, 2012 at 11:23 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

Honestly, with the team burke has put together, I think with ANY coach they'd be where they are,

Great goalie tandem, NOT, even according to their GM they needed to look at options, Burke, see you signed nothing, so you threw your goalies under the bus with no replacement.

I've said it before and this trade deadline only proves it, Burke is an opportunist not a great gm,

no goalies to be had, no opportunity, Burke does NOTHING
Toronto wants Nash, they don't have the prospects or players (unless you trade the entire team) no opportunity, Burke can't close the deal.

To quote J.R. "el predicto" the Leafs will not make the playoffs as long as he is GM

March 1, 2012 at 3:42 PM | Registered CommenterThe other bob from aylmer