Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Anderson

There's a rumour going round the Sens Chirp forum (via HF Boards) that Anderson has a cut hand and could be out for up to 6 weeks.

Don't shoot the messenger, I've no idea if it's true - but sens chirp seems to think it is

February 23, 2012 at 4:40 PM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

Nooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!

from HF boards
Currently rumored to be a severe cut on his hand involving a kitchen knife and some frozen chicken

From tsn.ca
Ottawa Senators goaltender Craig Anderson suffered a hand injury during Wednesday's win over the Washington Capitals.

Senators general manager Bryan Murray doesn't know yet how long Anderson will be out of the lineup.

Ok if this is true, then Auld isn't going to cut it. Murray better get on the phone for another goalie.

list of UFA goalies

February 23, 2012 at 5:41 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

certainly makes my prediction panel pick against the Bruins easier.

February 23, 2012 at 5:45 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

"There's something special happening with this team right now and after what we went through the last 3 years, I'm not going to feel the least bit guilty about revelling in it."

February 23, 2012 at 12:07 AM | Duck Rustler

i had to open my big, stupid mouth!!!

February 23, 2012 at 5:46 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

i had to open my big, stupid mouth!!!

TWSS

February 23, 2012 at 5:48 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

out indefinitely, I hear.

ugh...just ugh.

now, does that change Murray's approach to the deadline if Anderson's absence means dropping out of play-offs or if we make it, no chance of beating anyone?

February 23, 2012 at 6:05 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Evgeni Nabokov or Al Montoya from the Islanders? 2.24 and 2.71 GAA respectively. Neither is making much, not that cap is an issue.

What would it cost to get one of them?

February 23, 2012 at 6:12 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Based on Murray's comments pre season Lehner will be called up.

February 23, 2012 at 6:14 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

Lehner has struggled this season in Bingo. there's no reason, at this point, to believe he could carry the mail. But they may not have a choice unless Auld hits the hottest streak of his life.

February 23, 2012 at 6:16 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

We're doomed as doomed can be.

February 23, 2012 at 6:27 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Well it is only his stick hand, just tape it to his glove... didn't that work for Volchenkov years ago, he was basically a goalie.

February 23, 2012 at 6:29 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

Can we bank the rest of the season on Lehner? That's a lot of pressure to put on a young goalie.

They have 4 days to make a decision. I say try to make a trade for a goalie, we have the cap space. At least we'd have an option between Auld, Lehner and whoever.

Who ever is left third string can cut Karlsson's meat for him.

February 23, 2012 at 6:30 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

spray some windex on it.

February 23, 2012 at 6:33 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Is he Greek?

February 23, 2012 at 6:35 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

better hope so.

February 23, 2012 at 6:36 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Maybe Burke would be willing to part with one of his number one goalies. Maybe for Cowen and Spezza.

February 23, 2012 at 6:38 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

if we could get jake gardiner, we wouldn't even need a goalie!!!!

February 23, 2012 at 6:40 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

WTF happened???? great way to put a damper on a great hot streak, if it is really cutting a f**king frozen chicken that's so damn stupid it's almost Leaf like.

There's been a bunch of Professional athletes cutting themf**kingselves lately---they need to hire a frikkin chef they sure make enough money.

February 23, 2012 at 6:43 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Maybe Burke would be willing to part with one of his number one goalies. Maybe for Cowen and Spezza.

throw in Karlsson and Stone and I'm sure Burke would then part with Reimer

February 23, 2012 at 6:45 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

stupid fowl. they're good for nothing!

February 23, 2012 at 6:49 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

so damn pissed---a kitchen accident???? how moronic can u be--there is about 2 or 3 athletes a year who do this

February 23, 2012 at 6:54 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Are we sure that Pascal Leclaire didn't do this??? this is so Pascal like isn't it?

February 23, 2012 at 6:56 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

By the way, someone shoot Bob the ReBuilder. Damn messengers.

February 23, 2012 at 7:16 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

someplace, Dustin Penner is smirking over a big stack of pancakes.

February 23, 2012 at 7:25 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

... AAAAAUUUUGGGGHHHHHHH!!! Somebody buy that man a orange shirt with a black zigzag on the front ... 'cause somebody just pulled the football away!!!

Sonuva ... well, that's it ... the incline to the playoffs just steepened for this team. Lehner better have a thick skin and some spare horseshoes up his arse ... he'll need em'.

... but, then again ... overcoming adversity is what real champions do. I believe in these guys and this roster - if anyone can muscle through this, it's these guys. We're either the real deal or flash-in-the-pan ... time to show the league which we are. I'm betting on the former ... Go Sens Go!

February 23, 2012 at 8:37 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck