Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Trade Deadline 2012

Wait, did he sign a one way deal for next year?

February 26, 2012 at 11:47 AM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

yep. Murray said he didn't want a rental player so this makes sense, someone to keep in the fold.

he's tearing up the Ahl this year. this could be a major score for Sens in future, not just this year.

February 26, 2012 at 11:48 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

He's 6' 7" 215 lbs, making $600K ($105K in the AHL) and is a UFA at the end of the season

His stats on hockeydb.com

He's played a total of 13 NHL games, so it seems more like a replacement for Lehner in Bingo while Anderson is on the shelf.

Lets hope other teams don't beat the bishop when he plays.

EDIT: oh didn't see that he just signed a new deal

February 26, 2012 at 11:48 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

the 2nd rounder is in 2013.

February 26, 2012 at 11:50 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Bob MacKenzie just tweeted that it was Ottawa who signed deal with Bishop, not St.Louis.

As much as everyone raves about Lehner being the goalie of the future, he really hasn't proved anything yet. potential yes, but to slate him in as a sure thing is silly. Depth is a good thing and should push lehner.

February 26, 2012 at 12:03 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Why did St. Louis trade away this supposedly amazing goalie? Just trying to understand this trade from the Blues' perspective.

Any ideas?

February 26, 2012 at 12:27 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Nice pick up from what I was hearing about him over the last couple on weeks on several NHL podcasts. Damn glad that my stupid projection of Stone or ZBad for him was WAY WRONG. I was buying into the hype of how good he was but I forgot the Blues already have 2 very good Goalies and had to move this guy or lose him for nothing.

You do have to wonder what Lehner is thinking about this because they are both young and projected to be very good, plus Andy still has 3 years left on his contract.

February 26, 2012 at 12:38 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Dawg they were going to lose him for nothing if they didn't move him

February 26, 2012 at 12:39 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Lehner is probably thinking, competition is revving up for the #1 goalie spot. I think that's good, because I think Lehner is a battler. The more competition for spots, the better. Cream will rise to the top.

February 26, 2012 at 12:41 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Yeah, I think you're right TJ.... With Halak and Elliot playing the way they are and having long-term deals, he would have been SOL.

Murray should have also off-loaded Auld to St. Louis. Then, I would have popped the champagne. Good deal.

February 26, 2012 at 12:43 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

LOL @ Dawg for the Auld blast

February 26, 2012 at 12:46 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I was really optimistic for Auld, you know. I thought he would step up and take the reigns after being passed over for like 20 games in a row. Does that guy have no pride or competitive attitude, like "I'll show them," and step in to steal a game against he best team in the NHL?

He was so weak last night, almost as bad as Bryzgalov. And the Sens were still within 1 at the end. McLean should not have pulled him, the Sens didn't need a 6th attacker when they had the B's hemmed in with 5.

February 26, 2012 at 1:07 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Dawg during that time they had them hemmed in from the TV view there was one shot by Condra I think it was that I thought was in---they damn near came all the way back

February 26, 2012 at 1:19 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Don't remind me TJ... "Condra misses high!" "Butler misses high!" Michalek and Greening both had breakaways. Foligno had chances....

If Anderson was in net, Sens get at least a point.

February 26, 2012 at 1:46 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

With the Sens history of goalies getting hurt at in-opportune times, this is a good pick up as long as Lehner does not end up back in Bingo sulking because he didn't get a shot. Interesting to see who ends up as the back up when Anderson gets back.

February 26, 2012 at 1:55 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

A. Kostitsyn to Smashville to join his little bro. (not confirmed yet)

February 27, 2012 at 10:29 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

A. Kostitsyn to Smashville to join his little bro. (not confirmed yet)

with the obligatory stop over in Toronto of course...

February 27, 2012 at 10:33 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

@Dawg

In addition to them probably losing Bishop for nothing at the end of the year, their 4th (now 3rd I guess) tender is jake Allen who was Canada's goalie at the world juniors a couple of years ago and was a 2nd round pick in 2008. So they have good organisational depth at the position still.

And now, so do the Sens.

February 27, 2012 at 11:39 AM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

Anyone else finding that this trade deadline is about as entertaining as a New Jersey game?

February 27, 2012 at 12:10 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Ugh....This is the most overrated hockey event of the year. Far more snooze worthy than the draft.

February 27, 2012 at 1:14 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Brian Lee to Tampa??

February 27, 2012 at 2:00 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Blackhawks are doing Oduya

February 27, 2012 at 2:07 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Breaking News: at the last minute Burke traded Leafs Nation for a bunch of lab rats. On paper the trade is a wash, but PETA is expected to try to block it on the basis that it would be cruel to the lab rats.

February 27, 2012 at 3:05 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

leafs do nothing. didn't improve for play-off push, didn't do anything to re-build. status quo of suckage.

business as usual in the orchard.

February 27, 2012 at 6:44 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Cody Hodgson: " no...not there! ANYWHERE BUT THERE!!!!"

February 27, 2012 at 7:06 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell