Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > "The Kid" dies.

Sad news. He was the greatest Expo.
http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/02/16/former-expo-gary-carter-dies

February 16, 2012 at 10:05 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

those were great days. the only time in my life I cared about baseball. that expos team was so good back then.

February 17, 2012 at 12:09 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell
February 17, 2012 at 12:23 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

I can remember standing in front of the TV willing him to get that one last hit. Any chance that Andre Dawson missed that one to give his old buddy one last moment in the spot light?

February 17, 2012 at 1:21 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Sorry to sound mean... I was never a big baseball fan.

But I thought Sidney Crosby died when I read the thread heading.

February 18, 2012 at 1:13 PM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

tribute to Carter

even if Ivan is too mean to care.

February 18, 2012 at 2:28 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I heard on a podcast that in the late 70's and very early 80's that those teams of AndreDawson Carter SteveRogers TimWallach WarrenCromartie EllisValentine TimRaines almost rivaled the Canadians in popularity. It shows the Canadian market is good for Baseball as long as u have good Management and a team that will compete and win.

February 18, 2012 at 6:41 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

those were great, great teams in those years. But as always, money got out of hand that was that for the expos. they couldn't afford the top players. every time they developed one, he'd bolt someplace for a huge contract.

February 18, 2012 at 7:24 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Like the team they had before the strike/lockout that would have probably won the world series the year after the Jays won it and they were tearing up the league and then that summer they totally lost all their awesome talent.....
Pedro Martinez, Dennis Boucher, Jeff Fasero, Butch Henry, Ken Hill, Mel Rojas, Kirk Reuter, John Wetteland, Wil Cordero, Cliff Floyd, Moises alou, Larry Walker, Marquis Grissom, Rondell White????
Pretty sure this was a series winner, had that season finished, they might still have a team...........
Anywaze....heres to looking at the "kid" and no...no one cares about Crosby....

February 18, 2012 at 8:48 PM | Registered Commenterzebek