Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > team 1200 lay-offs

Jungle Jim and Phil Melanson let go. any comments?

February 10, 2012 at 9:14 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I don't listen to the radio so I don't know much about them.

February 10, 2012 at 1:44 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

I've found Jerome to be annoying but occasionally funny/interesting. Quite frankly, the Jim-O-Matic is almost more entertaining as it's not trying to hard to "have a take" on things that it doesn't know anything about.

I didn't hear Melanson very often but he was better than Versage (co-host on SportsCall).

I'll likely miss Mike "Sudsy" Sutherland the most (ex Renegade, Alouette). His insight into the world of professional sports, albeit football, was as interesting as Yorkie/Todd White/Mike Eastwood, and he was well spoken and personable on the radio.

The bottom line is it's never fun to either be downsized out of a job, or be one of those left behind afterwards (I've been both and I'm still not sure which is worse at an emotional level). I hope they all land on their feet somewhere. It'll be interesting to see who becomes the new member of TGOR though; I'm guessing it'll be AJ Jakubec.

February 10, 2012 at 10:44 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Never happy that anyone loses their job. But Jerome was terrible. He was funny sometimes, but brought absolutely nothing to the sports conversation. Somehow i think he'll be alright, with his sucking at the tit of Gretzky, his ridiculous MC money, and the fact that his wife is a god damn doctor. I'm a big time listener to TGOR and the power hour, as well as the pre and post games shows. For my money, Jakubec should take over on TGOR. Excellent sports takes, he actually played junior, and it's funny when he lets silly emailers have it.

February 11, 2012 at 2:06 AM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

I love listening to Shawn Simpson on the Team now. Knowledgeable pro with a fresh view, not just some fanboy. But I don't know how much longer I can last before popping a vein like Stooli, if I hear him call Robin Lehner "LEARNER" one more time! And he seems to think that there's a guy named "Kyle Greening" on the Senators. And I'm not talking about a one-time slip, or even a 10-time slip. He believes in this Kyle Greening.

February 21, 2012 at 9:57 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg