Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Dialysis Support Sens vs. Old Blue Eyes' Preds

I'll try to take a page out of Positivity Jones' book here and say, if the Sens lose this one and keep losing, at least trade deadline will be interesting because you know Murray's ******** will be in a knot.

I'm glad I'll miss the first period tonight...... but I hope they stop feeling sorry for themselves and start playing with some ballz.
But then again, Auld is starting. PROVE ME WRONG BALDY!!!

February 9, 2012 at 2:10 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Where is Positivity Jones? Seems like he hasn't been around during this whole loosing streak.

COME BACK PJ, The team needs you !!!

February 9, 2012 at 3:54 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Just read in the Sun that Jungle Jim and Phil Melanson have been let go by the Team.
The morning show will be really dry and boring now, and the other guy, even though he was a leafer he was much better than Versage.

February 9, 2012 at 6:07 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

i can't tell you how good i think that news is for anyone who listens to the team 1200.

i haven't listened to the morning show for a few years now, even though i think Steve Warne and JR are really good. Jungle was just that much of an idiot. he was like fingernails down a black board. Melanson was boring, unfunny and a leaf fan. that's 3 strikes. As people, i feel bad they lost their jobs. but as for entertainment value, that station has been suffering for a long, long time.

Jungle Jim: it was simply astonishing that someone who knew so many great hockey players so well could understand absolutely nothing about the sport. the Team 1200 embarrassed themselves everyday that that dullard went to air. this is what happens when there's no competition for your audience, I guess.

February 9, 2012 at 6:21 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

seriously, who the hell hires a leafer for an Ottawa sports station? don't we get enough of leaf doucheness from every other media source? we're bombarded by it 24/7. can't we at least have our own city's media not tainted by leaf-tards? its the same with the Suns' editor Tim baines. he's a leafer too. its simply insanity!

February 9, 2012 at 6:32 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

So, do you think Fisher will get a couple tonight? He's been filling the net lately.

My other favourite topic: Bobby Butler. Back on the top line tonight..... I have no words. What does the coach see in this player?!
Here's a guy who keeps hitting posts and misses the net, yet he keeps getting top line and PP minutes. Meanwhile, there are 3-4 options in Bing that can be brought up and thrown on the top line as well (Locke, Petterson, Klinkhammer, Hoffman).

I'm glad Jimmi O is still in the lineup. He's been solid.

February 9, 2012 at 6:42 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Russell, what to you expect? They're effing cockroaches.

February 9, 2012 at 6:50 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

I'm so glad I went out last Sat. and only saw the 1st period. I was also very close to winning a silent auction for a pair of leafs tickets at work. I'm like Stooli - I can't tolerate those douchebags for all the reasons they listed during the last show :)) - so, I definitely would have been thrown out of SBP.

February 9, 2012 at 6:54 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

In honour of Philly tonight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xg8VuNzPOo

February 9, 2012 at 6:56 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Russell, now that There's 2 openings for the team 1200, maybe it's time for the underground to take over the radio waves

February 9, 2012 at 7:24 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

David u were good on the call into the SU good luck on the show.

Rinne vs. Auld that doesn't sound like the odds are in Ottawa's favor.

February 9, 2012 at 7:35 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Thoughts on JungleJim---Russell u were right on-- I always wondered how he could know so many Hockey people yet he knew so little about the sport. Wonder if Pierre will say anything to him or about him losing the job.

February 9, 2012 at 7:37 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

He's Big, He's Bald, He's Alex Auld

February 9, 2012 at 7:38 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

The Sens really really need to get back to be aggresive like Shredder said, especially on the ForeCheck and cycling the puck in the offensive zone.

February 9, 2012 at 7:40 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Thoughts on JungleJim---Russell u were right on-- I always wondered how he could know so many Hockey people yet he knew so little about the sport.

so you're saying he's going to go work for Hockey Night in Canada?

February 9, 2012 at 7:40 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

The Sens really really need to get back to be aggresive like Shredder said, especially on the ForeCheck and cycling the puck in the offensive zone.

and keep Weber from using his 106mph shot

February 9, 2012 at 7:41 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

that's some bad D by the top line---it looked like the Preds were on the PP on that shift

February 9, 2012 at 7:41 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

LMAO @Homer---that's a good one about HNIC

February 9, 2012 at 7:42 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

It seems Mike Sutherland was also let go by The Team -- he's been a solid and articulate contributor on sports updates and his experience in the CFL has given good insight to football the way that Jason York / Todd White have been for hockey and the Senators.

Time to submit the SU resumé to the Team -- they have 1 hour shows on soccer and sports law, so why not another early evening show on the Senators? You could even skip the game recaps to make room for commercial breaks in a 1 hour show.

February 9, 2012 at 7:42 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

yeah Russell, Kardinal has the right idea what u guys should do on the The Team

February 9, 2012 at 7:44 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Fisher and Erat have been very hot

February 9, 2012 at 7:45 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

a Miracle

February 9, 2012 at 7:45 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

OMG!!! FORGET THE GOAL, WE HIT THE NET!!!!!!

February 9, 2012 at 7:46 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

TITZ blows it by Pecker Rinne

February 9, 2012 at 7:46 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Spezza gets the Sens the early lead, and first goal in 9 games. Good start boys. Now keep it up.

February 9, 2012 at 7:46 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal