Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Pesky Playoffs Push (PPP)

10-8-4 (84pts., goal 92) L to the full-retards and L to the BOOOOOOOOOORING

The team is in a midst of a losing streak which is LIKELY to continue for another couple of games vs. Habs (tough matchup) and vs. Pens (hottest team with concussion boy back).

This is nothing new - the team has been hot and cold all year. The question is will they heat up enough to MAKE the playoffs and make some noise?

OR, will we be left in the beginning of April dissecting what happened (Alfie's old legs, innefectiveness of Foligno and Butler, what to do with Kuba, Regin, Gonchar, Winchester, Konopka, Carkner, how many years to lock up Karlsson for)

I'd much rather be dissecting playoff matchups for the Sens than those questions....

March 21, 2012 at 1:05 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

there is simply no excuse for dropping another game to the habs.

March 21, 2012 at 2:44 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I've had enough of Gilroy. I want Carks back!

TJ, just got back from Van Halen - on a bunch of the songs I felt like I was in Cali already!

March 22, 2012 at 1:33 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Right now I give the Sens a 50/50 chance of making the playoffs.

March 22, 2012 at 8:12 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Let's stay positive (Jones-y?) and say Sens make the playoffs...

Who do you call up as extra bodies from Bingo?

I think Lehner has to be called up as the 3rd goalie with Bishop as backup for Andy. Borowiecki, Gryba, Wiercioch for D-men and Petersson, Hoffman and Schneider as forwards I think should be considered as backups for the big team.

March 22, 2012 at 9:34 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Dawg if u go up on SunsetBlvd. in Hollywood u can go to the Whiskey A Go Go where Van Halen got their start. The Viper Room is right down the street too. There's a lot of weird stuff and neat stuff on Sunset in that part of LA. Gene Simmons of Kiss was their Mgr. then, just some useless trivia.

The Sens if they do make the playoffs will more than likely play the Penguins not the 4 from the SU Poll--I was yelling at the podcast to include the Pens because of the way they are playing and they'll be No.1 in the East more than likely......it could be 1 v. 8 against Ottawa again like that year the Pens won 4-0. The Pens are absolutely the worst matchup for anybody, they are going to win the Cup

March 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

there is simply no excuse for dropping another game to the habs.

the excuse's name is Carey Price

March 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Thanks TJ. All those things are on my hit list. My buddy, who worships EVH and the band, has filled me in on their history, etc. His childhood dream came true yesterday, when he met a (sober) Eddie and had a photo with him.

We are seeing the VH show (2nd night) in LA in June and also Steel Panther (look them up if you haven't heard of them) at Whiskey. Gene likes to take credit for a lot of things he's either invented or discovered :)
He did produce VH's demo that's all over youtube right now and is the basis for the current album.

Yeah, Pittsburgh is on a roll but I think they have their makers as well. I think Vancouver or NJ could be Pittsburgh's undoing.
Ottawa is sort of on its last legs right now. I've always maintained, them making the playoffs is their Stanley Cup this year. Alfie is on his last legs (wouldn't mind if he took half the season off next year like Neidermayer and came in for a playoffs push in the winter), and so are a lot of the inexperienced Bingo guys.

Murray's done a good job of bringing in young prospects. His job this summer is to sign a proven NHL scorer - something every other team wants.

I know the Sens will fight to the end. I can see it in Karlsson's eyes - future captain. Now the question is, can Andy steal a game or two, and does the team have a little left in the tank to play some playoff hockey RIGHT NOW. Just seeing the highlights between Pitts/Nash it looked like playoff speed and compete level from both teams.

March 22, 2012 at 10:55 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

10-9-4 (84pts., goal 92) L to the Crabs

Not as unhappy that the Sens got beat as I was about them getting beat up as well. You are losing, all the chips are down, so KICK THE OTHER TEAM'S ARSE!! The reffing certainly couldn't get anymore one-sided. Case in point, Foligno has 3 Habs all over him in a scrum, and Neil wants to go help him. But the ref has Neil tied up, so Neil shrugs off the ref and gets a 10 min misconduct.

Getting angry just thinking about that game.

Sens gotta let the fists do the talking from this point on. You may beat us but you'll regret it (a la Philly back in the day).

I was hoping Habs-Sens would turn into the old Philly-Ottawa brawl.

March 24, 2012 at 4:13 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

That was worse than Konopka's sister

March 24, 2012 at 7:16 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

i wonder if Konopka's sister is as good at hugz and tugz as Zenon is?.... nevermind

11-9-4 (86pts., goal 92) W over the flightless ones

Crosby who? Didn't really watch this game. Was at Shore Club (Westin Ottawa) with one eye on the tv and another on the smoke show happening all around us. 8-4, yeah %@#$ U Crosby et al.

Letting 4 is bad, but the offense was def. backed up for a while now. GO SENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 25, 2012 at 3:12 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

1. x-NY Rangers 75 101
2. * Boston 74 89
3. * Florida 75 87
4. x-Pittsburgh 75 100
5. x-Philadelphia 75 96
6. New Jersey 76 90
7. Ottawa 76 86
8. Washington 76 84
9. Buffalo 76 84

even with that win last nite it's still going to be tough to make the playoffs with the Caps and Sabres breathing down their necks---they have to keep scoring and winning cause those 2 teams are hot themselves.

March 25, 2012 at 11:31 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Word is Winchester will be back vs. Philly or Islanders

I'm guessing that's the last we see of Daugavins, Butler and Konopka.

Hopefully he's 100% and no one rocks him right away and end his season. Still amazes me how Gaustad didn't get suspended for throwing him into the boards head first. I guess he didn't mean to do it. Same thing goes for all of Kaleta's late hits I guess.

March 26, 2012 at 12:31 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

12-9-4 (88pts., goal 92) W and final nail in the Jets' coffin - night, night Peg

The game can be summarized with the famous, 'it was the best of times it was the worst of times," and then it was the best of times again!

- the old Bingo line of Smith, Daugavins and Condra, even Cowen was quite pesky tonight
- Andy looks like his old self (big saves, and sometimes slow to play the puck)
- Spezza is playing like a man possessed, and Karlsson has re-awakened

March 26, 2012 at 11:49 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

forgot to mention... interesting to note that Neil and Klinkhammer were stapled to the bench - only 1 shift in the 3rd and 5min of play
O'Brien would have had about the same time if he didn't have a solid night at face offs while Spezza was sitting in the box

Neiler did not look too happy (or every tired) in the hallway after the game.

March 27, 2012 at 1:21 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Revised points goal: 94* (Brian Murray, GM)

Sens need 3 wins out of the remaining 5: PHI, NYI, CAR, BOS, NJ.
Buffalo's remaning games (5-game win streak): PIT, TOR, TOR, PHI, BOS

March 30, 2012 at 1:13 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

94 will likely do it, but the magic number right now is 95. WAS can win out and hit 94 and they have us on the tiebreaker. Fortunately for Ottawa, Washington's best goalie is out again.

2 years ago OTT finished with 94. That was good for 5th place!

March 30, 2012 at 5:46 PM | Registered Commenterpitlick

13-9-4 (90pts., goal 94) W in shootout over Philly; tough win, makes you wonder how much tougher this Philly team would be if they had their full lineup

Sens PK was excellent, but their PP was dreadful. Now it seems that Turris has the Condra/Kelly syndrome. When Alfie sends you in all alone against the goalie, you f-n score! Excellent to see Alfie play like a man possessed, but they can't still be relying on his withering carcass, especially in the grinding playoffs. Step up Foligno, Turris, Michalek!!

March 31, 2012 at 5:50 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Buffalo fans must be shaking their heads. "Of all the games for Toronto to finally win, they had to pick this one"

Well that brings our playoff 8th seed magic number to 3.
With Washington beating Montreal, our 7th seed magic number is 5.

We have a game in hand on both Wasthington and Buffalo.

NJ won, to 6th is all but impossible short of NJ loosing out and Ottawa winning out the season.
Same goes for catching Boston for the 2nd seed.

March 31, 2012 at 10:07 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

if sens win sunday, they clinch.

March 31, 2012 at 10:47 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

It'll be Sens v. Boston, with a slight chance of Sens v. Rangers.

Btw, freakin Kelly's got 20 goals this year.

March 31, 2012 at 11:44 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

I bet Chuckie hates the laffs almost as much as we do right now.

March 31, 2012 at 11:44 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

"if sens win sunday, they clinch."

So, I have to revise my points target back down to 92pts (as it was originally).

Should the Sens win today they would have a 14-9-4 since this article:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/globe-on-hockey/the-nhls-playoff-push/article2316361/

The last few games will be for playoffs positioning (do we play Boston or NYR), and for getting ready for the playoffs (vs. CAR, BOS, NJD).

April 1, 2012 at 9:39 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Now that we've clinched and this can't come back an bite me in the ass....

There's another special on beer this spring.

April 1, 2012 at 6:33 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

"Now that we've clinched and this can't come back an bite me in the ass....
There's another special on beer this spring."

Longest running special since... God, it's been years...

14-9-4 (92pts., goal 92) W over the Islanders CLINCHED!!!

It's all gravy from here on out :))

April 1, 2012 at 7:20 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg