Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Pesky Playoffs Push (PPP)

93pts gets you 8th place
Sens can achieve that by going 16-13-1 in the last 30
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/globe-on-hockey/the-nhls-playoff-push/article2316361/

So the countdown to 16 is on starting in Boston next week!
GO SENS GO

January 27, 2012 at 6:54 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

...Aaand we're off to a shaky start - regulation time loss to the defending champs in an entertaining, see-saw battl that had everything
0-1-0

Let's hope SBP becomes an impenetrable fort for unwelcome guest teams.

February 1, 2012 at 12:39 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

0-1-1
Beginning to dislike Gonchar and Phillips a lot.
Zack Smith, Condra, Turris and Alfie had a great game. Spezza seems to be playing with an injury - not helping the team.
The Pesky ones sleepwalked through 3 periods of hockey to get a point.

February 3, 2012 at 10:40 PM | Registered CommenterTank Dawg

they reminded me of the old sens, last night. playing down to their competition.

February 4, 2012 at 1:43 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

We need to get pesky again. The trade deadline is only 3 weeks away and if things don't turn around I'm afraid that BM will make a trade he wouldn't have done just a few weeks ago just for the sake of trying to do something.

February 4, 2012 at 4:19 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

0-2-1 defence still SUCKS
A loss to the beloved screaming trees on home ice - that one stings a little more than usual.
Losing streak is now 6, but it's balanced out by their amazing winning run last month.

February 5, 2012 at 9:29 AM | Registered CommenterTank Dawg

Right now Dawg all phases SUCK---they can't score and Defensive breakdowns both. Maybe Goaltending is only thing working OK right now.

Homer let's hope Murray doesn't do something silly.

February 5, 2012 at 7:32 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

0-3-1 team has to stop feeling sorry for themselves... what will Stache do to steer the ship in the right direction?

February 8, 2012 at 8:29 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

1-3-1 Phillips w 2 Gs in his 1000th. Peskier play by the Sens as a team. Refreshing after 2 weeks that felt like giving birth without anesthesia.

February 9, 2012 at 10:30 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

the refs sucked again tonite

February 9, 2012 at 10:40 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

the power play call for kostitsyn near the end was a special one
i didn't know you could hook someone with your stick blade pointing down, WITHOUT your hands on the stick because the belarussian douche is squeezing it with his elbow

February 9, 2012 at 10:51 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

1-3-2 OTL to Edmo... the last play of the game fully summarized what is wrong with this team this season. Hall wins the face off and is allowed to walk in unbothered and bank his own rebound. There is just a big defensive gap by the forwards and most Sens defencemen, and the goalie was all over the place on the last shot.

The Sens are in a nice little hole they dug themselves in and will have to string a 2-3 in a row to come back to par, if they are to make the playoffs.

February 11, 2012 at 5:53 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

2-3-2
4-0 SO win vs. Florida. Anderson kept the team in the game early on. Team still spends too much time in their own end, but defended better than in the past. Bigger test coming up in Florida.

February 15, 2012 at 7:27 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

3-3-2 Sweep of Florida. Sens have matched up very well against the Panthers this year, in what could be a possible playoffs series preview.

February 15, 2012 at 10:08 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

4-3-2 Annihilation of the Islanders 6-0. Sens were really good, Isles were really lifeless. Next up, Wash.

I just realized that at the All-Star break the Sens were sitting 16 wins away from a guaranteed playoffs spot, which is the same amount of wins you need to win the Cup, once you make it. Yeah, I just mentioned the Cup and it's Feb. 21! I'm beginning to dream about sitting on a patio in May with a cold one in hand watching Sens playoffs hockey. I can almost giggle like a little girl! Almost...

February 21, 2012 at 12:47 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

I can almost giggle like a little girl! Almost...

Or like Russell

February 21, 2012 at 2:03 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

5-3-2 Win over Ovechkin-less Caps. The Caps have to be one of the most boring teams to watch now with Dale Hunter as a coach. Their team was down 4-1 in the 3rd and they were playing the 2-2-1 trap. Sheeesh! Sens with an easy win. Karlsson is red-hot and sets a new franchise record for assists by defenseman surpassing 47. Phillips has found a goal-scoring touch - 4 Gs in 6 Games.

February 22, 2012 at 11:47 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

5-4-2 (72pts, target 92) L to Boston - several Sens looked mentally defeated (Auld, Gonchar, Butler) throughout the game. Alfie with 2Gs and he still has Thomas' number. Spezza with 600, and 601st assist.

February 25, 2012 at 9:51 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

you were right on about Gonchar this game Dawg--Maybe Lee can replace him tomorrow

February 25, 2012 at 10:04 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

6-4-2 (74pts, goal 92) W over NYI - Sens put a real goalie in net and win. Simple as that.
7-4-2 (76pts, goal 92) W over Boston - Sens return the favour and beat the Bruins in their own barn. Many notable misses by the Sens, but everyone put their body on the line and stayed disciplined to eke out a 1-0 SO for Lehner. Karlsson was a stud again. Turris with some notable giveaways. Can anyone other than Alfie score on a clean breakaway?

February 28, 2012 at 10:09 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

at least until Philly plays tonite the Sens passed both Philly and NJ

February 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Sens are doing their part TJ. That 7th or 8th spot will be really dreaded depending on where Boston ends up. Sens don't really matchup well against he Pens either. I like the Sens' chances v. NYR, Florida, NYJ, PHI... even Boston (at least it will be a good series).

Btw, TJ I'm California bound mid-June. Gotta meet up for a bear and hopefully celebrate a Sens (or Sharks) long-playoff run.

February 28, 2012 at 11:13 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg
February 29, 2012 at 8:57 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I love these vids. Gets me even more pumped up for the inevitable - PLAYOFFS!

I don't care if they get swept in the 1st round, the fact they even made it is a true testament to this team's skill, will, and (to quote Stache) "stick-to-itv-ness"

February 29, 2012 at 5:30 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Dawg--I'm in the EastBay of San Francisco area just let me know if your in Northern California.
If u are in Southern California-LA or SanDiego that's 7 hours from SF

February 29, 2012 at 9:22 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln