Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Nittymaki--Sharks goalie placed on waivers

At times in last years playoffs win over LA he started and played well. He is around 1M left on his contract if he makes it to Ottawa I think he'd be a good pick up and his contract is up at end of the year.

As a backup he's cheap but he had a bad injury but is finally recovered. Greiss the current backup in SJ is why Nitty is available.
Tampa had him and they'd be the team that would grab him IMO before Ottawa would get their shot.
Thoughts?

January 25, 2012 at 8:31 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Is he bald? If he's not I don't see why the Sens should break the streak of bald goalies.

If Anderson goes down, I'd rather have Lehner come up and see how he performs under pressure. And Auldy will not rock the boat.

January 25, 2012 at 8:40 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

LOL@Dawg he's large- he's bald- He's AlexAuld

January 25, 2012 at 8:53 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Hmmm......he's UFA at the end of the season, and a $2M contract so the cap hit would be a pretty small.

Lehner's not having a great season in Bingo. Granted, the whole team isn't, but McKenna's numbers are better than Lehner's at the moment so I'm not sure Lehner would be a good idea on the big team if something wen't wrong. Auld's aren't great either, so having a spare goalie 'just in case' might not be a bad thing.

January 25, 2012 at 11:02 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

I wouldn't mind if the Sens brought Nittymaki in as a backup for the rest of the year but only if they can get him cheap. No roster players or high draft picks.

Maybe a trip to Ottawa would wake Lehner up. If I remember correctly, he can be moody and if Bingo is not doing well he may not be working as hard as he needs to.

January 25, 2012 at 11:11 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

He is on waivers -- no cost other than salary.

January 26, 2012 at 8:03 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal