Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Dean Brown on Twitter says O'Rourke reffing LA game

NHL League office is right on the ball and I guess they think Coach MacLean is lying or something.

January 23, 2012 at 1:13 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Here was I thinking I was the only one reading Twitter at this time of night.....

@PxPOttawa (Dean Brown)

Dan O'Rourke is one of the refs in tonights sens-kings game after calling Karlsson a "diver" saturday in Ana.

In other news:

I can't find the source, but I was reading / hearing on Sunday that the last time O'Rourke called a game in the post season.....2007 Stanley Cup Finals. Can anyone help confirm / disprove this? Wikipedia entry mentions that he worked the 2011 playoffs, but I can't find any solid evidence either for or against either playoff run (or others) and WP isn't a credible source for anything.

January 23, 2012 at 1:38 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

http://www.nhlofficials.com/display_news.asp?articleID=211

January 23, 2012 at 2:38 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

i guess this seems like a little thing actually but it does touch on the integrity of the game. to have third guy reffing ottawa's very next game is nothing short of full retard by the nhl. but, of course, his integrity is unimpeachable, right buttman?

January 23, 2012 at 7:16 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Ian's article was bang on in one sense; in everyone's eyes, karlsson will now be labeled a diver. the other refs will now have it in the back of their minds. there shall be no lube for this young man now. perception is everything.

January 23, 2012 at 7:22 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Karlsson repsonds

he handled it smartly. didn't bash the refs. that would just have got them more pissed. but, i would have to think that in reality, he had a few other comments for them.

January 23, 2012 at 7:30 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Not that I want to bash the stache but wasn't it maclean who made this public and therefore it's down to him that everybody will nnow believe Karlsson is a diver.

I think making it public was an error of judgement.

January 23, 2012 at 2:40 PM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

Sounded to me like Stache was sticking up for his player. F O'Rourke and FTW
-Pesky Sens

January 23, 2012 at 3:33 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg