Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Ep.13 feedback thread

its a long one.

TWSS.

January 12, 2012 at 1:13 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

JVR "Hit" from Philly game

you can clearly see there was no contact. Philly now has wrestled the diving title away from Buffalo.

January 12, 2012 at 12:58 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

JVR has been watching a lot of European football matches, it seems. I'm sure the Russian judge gave him high marks for form and artistic interpretation.

January 12, 2012 at 2:52 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Welcome to pro sports - diving is a SADLY a reality. What's worse is the league does NOT review and PUNISH this attitude. They do review and penalize divers in European football, fyi.

NHL should review dives and blown calls by refs.

Anyway, I haven't laughed so much while listening to an episode of the SU in a loooooong time. StooLi should take sabbaticals more often!

January 12, 2012 at 4:27 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

on a somewhat related note of Brian Burke loving the sound of his own voice and stroking his huge it's all about me ego. When Ron Wilson announced on twitter on Christmas day that he had gotten a contract extension. A lot of reporters were not too happy about it.

While Wilson tweeted his big news and went back to celebrating Christmas with his family, many reported were somewhat forced to work trying to find out the details and report on it, taking them away from their families on Christmas day. Who the hell do these douche-bags think they are thinking that the world revolves around them. Oh right, they're in Toronto, the self proclaimed center of the hockey universe. The Toronto media and screaming trees deserve each other.

January 12, 2012 at 5:43 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Considering Wilson's arrogance and disdain for the media, don't think it was an "oversight" for one second.

January 12, 2012 at 11:48 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

15/10 for the dive...

January 13, 2012 at 12:04 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

"Here's a nice piece of sh*t!"

I think that gave me a hernia, omg, that could be the banner moment for this show lol

January 13, 2012 at 7:54 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

JVR is now declared as out with a concussion by the Flyers.

Could this be the first diving inflicted concussion ever?

January 14, 2012 at 7:06 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

You are onto something here, Kardinal. When you dive/fake and repeatedly snap your head back like you've been shot (i.e. Butler's infamous non-elbow on JVR), it actually causes you whiplash. Poetic justice :P

January 14, 2012 at 10:18 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

.......and I'm feeling very 'called out' after this podcast. I guess I'll have to, to quote Jim Rome, "have a take that doesn't suck". :p

January 15, 2012 at 9:35 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal