Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > You know what grinds my gears / gets my SensRed blood boiling...?

... the latest edition of the TSN NHL Power rankings: http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=384628
The article leads with Bruins on still on top; Leafs and Habs climb in the rankings - WHAT?! AYKM?! No mention of the Sens - what a shocker.
Sens climbed 3 spots to 14th (yay) but they placed the Leafs just above them - LOL!! So, laughable. What is even more laughable is that the free falling Habs are ahead of a slew of teams with much better records.

And now for ESPN's dose of reality (courtesy of P. Lebrun): http://espn.go.com/nhl/powerrankings
Sens climb 10 spots to 10th spot! Much more accurate picture of current team form. :))

January 9, 2012 at 7:15 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

please, everyone....stop reading these things. it will do you no good and lt raise your blood pressure. they are pointless, anyways.

January 9, 2012 at 7:21 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Not putting ANY stock into them, but quite entertaining to see how the team is perceived through the eyes of old blue-y and others

January 9, 2012 at 7:31 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

well, outside of Ottawa. no one is really saying anything about them that I've seen and they have to be one of the best stories of the year. but no getting their due is nothing new for the Sens.

January 9, 2012 at 7:46 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

In that same week, the Flyers lose the winter classic to the Ranges, beat Chicago 5-4, beat Ottawa in OT and then lose to Ottawa. So they get 4 out of a possible 8 points, yet they go up two spots in the rankings. Sens get 7 out of a possible 8 points and go up three spots. If the Sens only get 4 out of 8, they drop 6-7 spots easily.

January 9, 2012 at 7:47 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

I don't see a big problem with sports media underestimating the Sens. We know how good they are, and every moronic underrating may just get other teams to underestimate them as well, and any team that arrives unprepared for "The Pesky Ones" will get a big surprise.

January 9, 2012 at 8:17 PM | Registered CommenterPortera

ESPN Power Rankings: Sens are now 8th
http://espn.go.com/nhl/powerrankings

Not even going to post the TSN rankings. The Leafer writing them is probably having an aneyrism ths week seeing the results :))

January 16, 2012 at 3:21 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

I'll bite....

with a 3-0 record this past week, including a win over the Rangers, we went from 14th to 11th.

Screaming Trees with a 1-2 record hold on to 13th place solely based on the expected return of Tyler Bozak against Ottawa. BTW, in TSN's own player ranking, Bozak is not even among the top 40 among centers.

January 16, 2012 at 6:00 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Moreover, Homer, I love how TSN doesn't list anyone as "key injuries" for Ottawa i.e. Winchester and Regin, 4th and 2nd line centers, respectively.
If it was Toronto, they'd list everyone from Crabb to Khadri.

Seems like Washington is getting screwed in those rankings, too - 7-2 in the last nine and they are behind Montreal?!

These rankings are an interesting snapshot of the alternate reality some fan boys live in. Totally delusional, fantasy land.

January 16, 2012 at 6:12 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg