Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > new thread: Greatest tweets.

@reporterchris in Toronto, quotes Bettman on PA proposal as thorough: "It's clear to me that they didn't put it together in an hour or two." -- Pat Leonard (@NYDNRangers)

Way to win points Bettman! Does he not think these guys are serious?

August 14, 2012 at 8:47 PM | Registered Commenterbeach bunny

@SNGeorgePopalis

NHLPA's aggressive position towards revenue sharing shows the players have a keen interest in league growth, not just $$$...Smart move Fehr.

August 14, 2012 at 10:09 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Forecheck, backcheck, paycheck boys! Now tell the lawyers to go get you a good deal so your wives ain't barking at u for 5 extra months -- Chris Therien (@ctherien6)---- Love you Bundy!!

August 15, 2012 at 4:57 PM | Registered Commenterbeach bunny

@JRTeam1200 (perhaps not the most popular person to the SU, but a good tweet nonetheless):

Why doesnt Bettman tell Fehr - " I need a dummy-proof system so the ego's I work for dont bankrupt themselves. Can u help me?"

If only......if only......

August 15, 2012 at 10:02 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Hockeyy Insiderr
@HockeyyInsiderr

If u want really good actual NHL info somehow this dude comes up with it.

August 22, 2012 at 11:05 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I hate hockeyy insiderr. Yes, I used TJ 's word. Whoever he is, he's annoying and makes things up. Who would risk their job to give this guy any information? Basically lost it when he hinted on Turris and daugavins resigning, which they already did, says that vancouver is looking to move luongo and that Toronto has interest in about 15 goalies. Bah!

August 23, 2012 at 12:21 AM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

@TSNScottyMac (formerly at the Team1200) referring to Edmonton's signing of extensions for Hall and Eberle:

A small market team, playing in an old rink, spends about $80M on 2 guys with combined 4 years #NHL experience. And owners are hurting? #NHL

Now, I know I'm oversimplifying things with that last tweet but I'll continue with my oversimplification: Just get a deal done.

August 30, 2012 at 5:47 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Those 2 contracts are the reason the NHL wants to save itself from itself, even in MLB the highest paying professional sport it takes until like year 5 or 6 to start making the big money when u are a real producer. Hall is in what year 3 and he's already big earner.

The NBA and NFL it takes 4 to 6 years until the top players start making that kind of relative money

August 30, 2012 at 11:07 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

for that matter, look at the Turris contract. 17.5 million for 75 career points. I know its about his potential but still, think about that.

its a much different world than what we live in.

August 30, 2012 at 11:55 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

@GlobeFluto (Bruins reporter)

Clint: Most uncomfortable thing to watch in Tampa since Flyers stalled out Boucher's trap.

August 31, 2012 at 11:32 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

@DownGoesBrown:

Eastwood's RNC speech was the longest rant by an angry white guy at an empty chair since Brian Burke's "Tribute to all my decent goalies".

August 31, 2012 at 11:37 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Matt Cockell ‏@mcockell1
Games lost due to labor strike/lockout since 1992 by sport NFL: 0, NBA: 504, MLB: 938, NHL: 1,698

Bettman is the clear cut winner in not letting the games be played.

September 15, 2012 at 10:35 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Bettman is the clear cut winner in not letting the games be played.

I am not saying I understand his role completely, but isn't Bettman's role (job) to act on behalf of the NHL as a representative - meaning he has to do what he is told by others, in this case the league? I am not sure the decisions made by him are entirely his fault.

September 16, 2012 at 10:46 AM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

Dammit puckbunny quit trying to bring reason and fairness to those tweets--Bettman is the front man and he's acting like a punk a$$ bully in this instance. But yeah EdSnider of Philly and J.Jacobs of Boston are two of the jerks who are running this lockout and those 2 are 2 of the biggest spenders. It's asinine in any case.

September 16, 2012 at 11:51 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Why pick sides? In my view, both sides are at fault. Actually, if the players were getting 57% share of the pie, they are definitely at fault. But, I choose to blame both parties.

If they started privately negotiating as early as a year ago, this crap would have never hit the fan. Now both parties are posturing in the public's eye and are looking like jackasses. I'm done with those bozos. Goodbye NHL, hello OHL.

September 16, 2012 at 2:40 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

TJ - not trying to bring fairness or reason, I think everyone is quick to blame bettman without getting down to the source and routes of each issue. I would rather have read all proposals in addition to the now expired CBA which I have half read.

I agree with Dawg and have said all along that they need to bring in an arbitrator. Unfortunately, the NHL with the Sniders and Jacobs won't want that because they feel the players will have to eventually give in if they want to work.

Its a sad, sad time for sport.

September 16, 2012 at 4:39 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

From @JeffMarek:

And because I've been asked by a few people "yes", players on buyout still get paid during a lockout.

So yes, Maple Leafs fans, Darcy Tucker is the highest paid Leaf right now.

Well, Tucker's actually tied with Colby Armstrong as highest paid Leaf right now. #buyout

Bahahaha! Even in a lockout situation, the Leafs still suck.

September 17, 2012 at 10:13 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

From @EricFrancis:

One thing is certain: when the NHL does resume Gary Bettman cannot possibly consider personally handing out the Stanley Cup ever again #BOO

Reply from @McKeneasy:

@EricFrancis If I was captain and he came out to hand me the cup I'd tell him to put it back on the table before I picked it up.

I really like this idea, and if he won't set it down make sure the captain rips it out of Bettman's hands and skates away before a picture can be taken with the little weasel.

September 17, 2012 at 2:37 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch
"We've got one of the top five players in the world." - Rapperswil-Jona Lakers GM Roger Sigg tells the Sun on signing of Jason Spezza #Sens

September 19, 2012 at 4:01 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

@Steve_Dangle: Damn it, Brian Burke would have such a much easier time if he'd stop talking. I swear to god.

... yeah, good luck with THAT ...

September 20, 2012 at 1:56 AM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch
"We've got one of the top five players in the world." - Rapperswil-Jona Lakers GM Roger Sigg tells the Sun on signing of Jason Spezza #Sens

He was quietly #4 in points last year. I'm starting to agree more and more with Systine, but Alfie's better.

Spezza will never be considered strong defensively, and he has many many great goals, but also many many dumbass moves, ie back pass to no one.

September 20, 2012 at 11:27 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

Binghamton Senators ‏@BSens_Hockey
#BSens goal! Andre Benoit puts Binghamton up 4-1 at 7:56. Assists to David Dziurzynski and Pat Cannone.

Who are those 3 guys?

October 6, 2012 at 8:11 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Benoit is a veteran d-man who was on the Calder Cup winning team, spent a year in Europe, and is now back in Bingo making $300k a season to be a leader. Dziurzynski was signed, undrafted, out of BCHL (not the WHL) and has really impressed the organization with how much he has developed (Luke Richardson and Tim Murray have both commented in interviews I've heard recently). Cannone is, I think, a US college free agent signing. Last year was his first full season in the AHL after playing only a couple of games the season before.

October 7, 2012 at 9:29 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

@PxPOttawa aka Dean Brown:

fans provide 100% of the money the 2 sides are fighting over and dont get a seat at the table. shameful. #NHL #NHLPA

October 19, 2012 at 8:36 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

"23 million Americans are unemployed. I have no sympathy for you NHL, and your players. You won't be getting any more of my money."

I am done with the NHL for quite a while. I realize I'll be hurting my hometown team, but as fans we gotta make a point. We won't be rolling out the welcome mat like last time.

Bottom line is, I'm supporting the owners. Especially, since teams like Ottawa do not break even unless they are in the 2nd round of playoffs. Salaries are likely the biggest expense, so that needs to come down so that the team is in a better financial position.

October 19, 2012 at 11:56 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg