Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > new thread: Greatest tweets.

I really want those 3 back too. Guess the only buyout guy would've been Gonchar, ans considering that Kuba is as good as gone, I know who my whipping boy will be next year.

June 14, 2012 at 10:10 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Don't know if OTT's Erik Karlsson will win Norris Trophy but he may have new contract in matter of days. Negotiations ongoing in Las Vegas.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Expectation for Karlsson is 5 to 7 year term with cap hit of $6M or more. Not Drew Doughty money ($7m/yr) but close. Still being worked on.

Less than an hour ago on June 19th that he tweeted these

June 19, 2012 at 5:23 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Irony, thy name is @ian_mendes:

Good news for Sens fans: Of the 6 games vs. Toronto this year, only 2x is it the second of a back-to-back for Ottawa. Happened 6x last year.

I guess we should be thankful, but do the Screaming Pulp Sticks have any games against Ottawa or Montreal that are the 2nd of a back to back pair?

June 21, 2012 at 11:18 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

From @PSBJoyOnTheSens:

#Sens‬ qualified all pending RFAs except Schira, as expected. That includes Daugavins, Da Costa, Gryba and O'Brien. ‪#BSens

There has also been a few bits of news on Twitter that Carkner has had an offer from the Senators (can't find the tweets at the moment, but I recall they were good sources)

June 21, 2012 at 11:20 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Heard on the radio yesterday that they were also considering qualifying Filatov to retain his NHL rights.

June 21, 2012 at 2:31 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

they are hoping that one day Washington wants Filatov since the Caps seem to love Russians

June 22, 2012 at 1:39 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Love Shawn Simpson's take. Totally says what's on his mind but its always intelligent

Simpson ‏@SSimpsonHockey
DeCosta was invited to Sens camp. Decided to stay at Merrimack. Not a smart move. Better be ready for camp. Has valueShawn Simpson ‏

@SSimpsonHockey
How does Lehner drop 30 pounds in two months? I love his passion, but in some ways shows more erratic actions. Natural?

that last tweet is very inflammatory but is exactly the first thing I thought. 30 lbs in 2 months? that smells fishy.

June 29, 2012 at 8:19 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Re: Z-Bad

Shawn Simpson ‏@SSimpsonHockey
@SensChirp He didn't have much of a year. Calle Johnasson thinks he's very soft. No interest back home? Bingo will be a test.

June 29, 2012 at 8:19 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Adam Proteau ‏@Proteautype

Not to worry, Rangers fans – Glen Sather is being strapped into the Hannibal Lecter protective mask/dolly as I write this.

July 1, 2012 at 9:55 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Yeah Shawn Simpson is awesome on TGOR, didn't know if anyone else liked him but I think he's refreshing since he doesn't let politically correct speak enter into his opinions. He actually came out and said the new GM in Montreal was in over his head especially if he didn't get good people around him who knew what they are doing.

July 1, 2012 at 10:04 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

"I'm not surprised we weren't able to do more. We could have; we had cap-space, we had the money, ownership has authorized us to spend. I just don't think it was a prudent way to spend money." Brian Burke on FAFrenzy day

Isn't it always the case that the Leafs could have did something but didn't? It's always his choice he says but I think it's no one wants to play for the stupid Leafs.

July 1, 2012 at 10:12 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

"I don’t care who you are, you have to WANT to play in Ottawa. That’s what defines us.” #Sens owner Eugene Melnyk.

July 3, 2012 at 10:46 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

“Ignore the nonsense going on around us,” Melnyk said. “I’ll take our young, hungry, awesome talent and proven hard-working veterans anytime.”

Amen.

July 4, 2012 at 8:09 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

You guys with sisters and girlfriends in Ottawa better watch out

@BizNasty2point0: Hitting up the city of Ottawa tonight. I've never partied there. Hope it's a good time.

July 14, 2012 at 8:40 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Adam Proteau ‏@Proteautype

This might happen: Gary Bettman, with a legacy of three lockouts & two canceled seasons, in the Hockey Hall Of Fame. Enjoy your day.

July 16, 2012 at 4:44 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

but as every freaking apologist says about Buttman---"he works for the owners" so u can't hold any of that crap that Proteau said in that tweet against him.

Doesn't Pierre McGuire say that Bettman was one of the leading people to save Ottawa from relocating when the franchise was in trouble?

Bettman is still a tool

July 17, 2012 at 8:06 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

i always thought that that crap about buttman saving Ottawa was just that, crap. he didn't do anything any other commissioner wouldn't have done. if it wasn't buttman, it would have been someone else so he doesn't get any special marks for that.

July 17, 2012 at 8:29 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

@BizNasty2point0:

Owners want 25% roll back on salaries but are handing out 100 million dollar deals like it's going out of style. Figure that one out. ‪#NHL

July 19, 2012 at 1:52 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

jesse winchester ‏@jwinch18

"In shock. 50 inches of pure muscle. Catch and release, obviiiiii. What a night with @AlanaBrad and Eric Ming!"

TWSS

July 24, 2012 at 10:34 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

It's cool to see the players' reaction to the announcement that Alfie will be back:

@marcmethot3

Great to see Alfie coming back next season! Safe to say it's a great day for us players here, and even better day for the fans! #warrior

@craiganderson41

I can't wait to hear the #alfie chants at #ScotiaBankPlace this season!! Great to have our captain back for another year. @SensNation @sens

@ECondra

“@CraigAnderson41: I can't wait to hear the #alfie chants at #ScotiaBankPlace this season!!" it will be rocking with #Alfie and #Andy chants

August 1, 2012 at 11:46 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

I'm just assuming now that Condra uses BBQ tools made with hockey stick shafts he'll flip a patty and miss the grill completely #CondraBBQ

... kudos to @Brochenski for that one ...

August 5, 2012 at 1:34 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

@UnfollowNHLSept15

Simply writing "thank you fans" on the ice isn't going to work this time. Spread the word! #UnfollowNHLSept15

We don't hate the NHL. We love hockey, but we're unhappy with how they're handling the CBA proceedings.

Unfollow @nhl @nhlpa, every franchise and every player! That is our plan! #UnfollowNHLSept15

This is an interesting idea: unfollow all players and team feeds if a lockout does occur. I don't think it'll achieve anything, but it's still an interesting way to make a social media statement.

August 11, 2012 at 2:40 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

F*$# isn't the only message Henrik has:

The @NHL says they won’t play past Sept 15th under current deal. Apparently they don’t like the deal they designed. #CBA #nhlpa2012 -- Henrik Lundqvist (@HLundqvist30)

August 11, 2012 at 9:15 PM | Registered Commenterbeach bunny

good for Lundqvist and even the Leafer Lupul, this is all on the owners and that toad Bettman. They did design this CBA and now they want to lockout the players?

August 12, 2012 at 2:01 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

They did design this CBA and now they want to lockout the players?

Yes. They designed it but never built any sort of revenue sharing between the have- and have-not teams, so now the arrangement that they built based on what they wanted doesn't work, they don't want to blame themselves, so it's time to blame the players for the contracts that the GMs signed with them.

It's all about protecting the GMs/owners from themselves -- one need only look at how many attempts have been made to get around the cap the owners demanded to see that the biggest problem is the with the people making the decision on salaries.

August 12, 2012 at 9:54 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal