Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > new thread: Greatest tweets.

lol...

@metsradish
Superman Lives: Lundqvist to play all 6 positions while playing guitar, modeling for video game and making fancy dinner...

Analysis:
- play all 6 positions while playing guitar: Andy could do that...
- modeling for video game: Andy could do that...
- making fancy dinner: I'm not going there...

April 23, 2012 at 10:22 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

just saw a replay of the last sens goal. didn't see the neil stick in lundquist's gut until now. it was GI, but he didn't kick it..

April 23, 2012 at 10:49 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

and GI is not something that could be reviewed.

April 24, 2012 at 8:29 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

"Bryan Boyle in a fight #thingsthatlastlongerthantortorellapressconferences"

April 25, 2012 at 11:42 AM | Registered Commenterdadexter

@nhlrulebook
Thanks to the 29 NHL GMs who voted on the Vezina this year, as well as the one from Toronto who just wrote "What's a goalie?" on his ballot.

April 25, 2012 at 12:13 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

@DamoSpin: Paul Maclean says both Carkner and Konopla are available to play.

Not funny or a "great tweet" as per say, but probably the only ever Cox tweet that's not complete horsecrap...

April 26, 2012 at 12:44 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

@sensunderground: " #Alfie: ONE MORE YEAR!! ONE MORE YEAR!! ONE MORE YEAR!!"

back at ya SU :)

April 26, 2012 at 10:05 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Elliotte Friedman ‏ @FriedgeHNIC

"Alfredsson leaves OTT team bus to shake hands of Senators fans on 33rd street. Wow."

nuff said.

April 26, 2012 at 10:54 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Bernie Miklasz ‏ @miklasz
In a related note, having Stephen Walkmon ref a playoff game is like allowing a blind man drive a bus.
9m Chris Kerber ‏ @chriskerber ·
@miklasz He was one of the refs that did not make a call on the Torres hit on Hossa. The same hit Shanahan said violated 3 different rules.
Bernie Miklasz ‏ @miklasz
@chriskerber He's a joke and the fact the NHL still employs this buffoon tells us all that we need to know about this league's leadership.

These guys are from St.Louis papers--Sens fans aren't the only ones who know bad refs

April 28, 2012 at 9:35 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

@HockeyScanner (Wayne Scanlon)

Neil on need for Alfie to return: "He's got four kids at home but he's got four or five kids here." (Silfverberg, Karlsson etc). #sens

@SunDoniB (Don Brennan)

Murray says to media: "Don't pick us to win the Cup next season. Pick us to finish last. We really like your predictions." #nhl #sens

April 29, 2012 at 11:18 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Don Brennan ‏ @SunDoniB
I see the Senators' Brian Elliott is tending goal for the Blues tonite. Welcome back Kotter. #nhl #sens

this after LA blows ahead of the Blues 5-1 in the second period---where was this Elliott against the Sharks?

April 30, 2012 at 10:23 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Looks like Halak is done for the rest of the series, too. It's Elliott or bust for the Blues.

May 1, 2012 at 12:55 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

@emptynetters

You know what is funny? The @PredsNHL are better at suspending their own players than @NHLShanahan. #GarageLeague

Too true; they've suspended Radulov and Kostitsyn for a game each (rumoured to be a breaking curfew) while Shanny lets Weber turnbuckle Zetterberg for $2500.

May 1, 2012 at 10:36 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Didn't see this on Twitter, but read it in the newspaper (quoted from sport radio pundit (unknown)):

"Credit Scottdale's cougars for helping Phoenix's Coyotes battle Nashville's Predators."

May 2, 2012 at 12:33 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

I'm enjoying Shawn Simpson's segments on the Team, and he's interesting on Twitter (some lively 'discussions' with other folks), and this is an interesting take on why CBC is giving Healey so much airtime:

The rivalry between Healy and Grapes, is all about Glen wanting that job. He's a great guy, but very negative. Still he would be good!!!

Good lord, I hope not.

May 15, 2012 at 11:56 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Kevin Thompson ‏@puddleduck1972

Y'know, if Tortorella hates press conferences so much - why doesn't he have some of his Rangers come out to the podium and block questions?

May 17, 2012 at 8:21 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Saw one the other day where Hal Gill posted a picture with the quotation, "I'm the highest paid one!" Punchline: ... he was standing next to stacks and stacks of traffic pylons ...

Very self-deprecating and a sense of humor ... gotta like Gill. I'm pretty sure he's the only ex-Leaf AND ex-Hab I can honestly say that about.

May 18, 2012 at 11:44 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Great tweet by Jason York. Chris Neil's new nickname is now "Honey Badger" or just "Badger" for short

May 28, 2012 at 6:50 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

i saw that video. funny.

May 28, 2012 at 9:53 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

From @Steve_Lloyd:

#Sens‬ fans will be happy to know that Dan (Karlsson's a diver) O'Roarke is 1 of the 4 best refs in ‪#NHL‬, as he will work the final.

May 29, 2012 at 12:22 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

A couple of great tweets listed on a Don Brennan article. Something good out of a DB article, now that's news.

“They just showed Tony Soprano here in the stands at Staples Center. He was on his phone. Bernier better use his remote car starter.” -- @CJ_Stevenson

“20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don’t let Kevin Bacon die.” -- @GuyEndoreKaiser

June 12, 2012 at 12:02 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Those are really great. Not much of a DB fan either, but he shows having taste in someone else's writing there!

June 13, 2012 at 2:56 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Not a great tweet, but a great headline:

Brophy: Leafs far from Kings' level

This made me go from smiling to laughing out loud (at the University).

June 13, 2012 at 3:32 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

omg, how can you even pretend that this is a story? why not compare them to brain surgeons?

June 13, 2012 at 7:54 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Don't insult brain surgeons; you should insult lawyers, so compare the Screaming Sphincters to lawyers to get the right analogy.

Interesting tweet from @ian_mendes:

Murray also says that he does not plan on buying out any players this summer -- and don't expect him to be too active on July 1st.

I'm guessing one blueliner but I think Murray is looking at giving a lot of young forwards a shot, including at a spot in the top 6. I still hope Carkner, Konopka and Winchester are re-signed though.

June 14, 2012 at 10:51 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal