Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > new thread: Greatest tweets.

Todd Van Allen ‏ @heyitstva

Remember how the soldiers looked at the beginning of "Saving Private Ryan"? All Toronto pub servers have that look on their faces.

March 17, 2012 at 11:53 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Ryan Whitney ‏ @ryanwhitney6

There is an afternoon Bruins Flyers game in Boston on St Patricks Day? There will be more sucker punches in the crowd than goals scored

March 17, 2012 at 1:43 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Stephen Smith ‏ @SensTown
Hearing there were lots of ugly incidents with Leaf fans tonight. I know it's becoming a big issue. Many fans no longer will attend games

Leaf fans Suck!

March 17, 2012 at 10:27 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Not a tweet and not even about hockey, but definitely a great pic

When doing an add campaign, you may want to pay close attention to a couple details

March 19, 2012 at 7:03 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

OMG... that's freaken' funny!!! Thanks for the laugh Homer!

March 19, 2012 at 7:11 PM | Registered CommenterShredder

Nice tires!

March 19, 2012 at 7:43 PM | Registered CommenterPortera

Scott MacArthur ‏ @TSNScottyMac

I'm sorry, is #Capitulation a synonym for #Truculence? #Leafs #NHL #Bruins

March 20, 2012 at 9:58 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Adam Proteau ‏ @Proteautype

If Tim Tebow played for the Leafs, he'd be an atheist by the end of one season.

March 20, 2012 at 10:07 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Melnyk. "I know a few other teams that have been rebuilding for 5-6 yrs & they haven't come close to the playoffs. And we know who they are"

March 24, 2012 at 3:07 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

From some of the comments on the tsn.ca site

"Burke quotes: 'Ron Wilson would not be unemployed for five minutes if the Leafs let him go.' 'I could've had five first rounders at the deadline, but I believe in this group.' Do Leaf fans still believe this guy is a good judge of personel, or his teams' abilities? "

"Somewhere last night Dion was sitting on a couch, watching the game wearing an Alffie Jersey saying 'God i wish i was like that guy'

Dream on !"

March 25, 2012 at 9:13 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

Dave Lozo ‏ @DaveLozo

Erik Karlsson tonight: 3 assists, +5. He has 76 points in 77 games. If only he'd change his name to "Nick Lidstrom" he could win the Norris.

March 26, 2012 at 11:15 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Mark Masters ‏ @markhmasters

"Leafs coach Randy Carlyle has players do push-ups if they miss the net during drill in the morning skate"

man, if the sens did this, they'd all look like Arnold.

March 31, 2012 at 11:04 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

PJ Stock was pointing out Karlsson's mistakes and generally slagging him and his season this year. I loved this response via Twitter from @revdale:

hey @pjstockhnic Karlsson has more points than you THIS season than you did in 235 NHLgames ;)

April 1, 2012 at 12:28 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

@Steve_Lloyd
Karlsson Norris knock is he's protected defensively, but w/o last change on Rd, he's +10. Chara +6, Weber +2, Lidstrom +1, Pietrangelo -7.

My own two cents: statistically, Karlsson should be getting the Norris gift wrapped in the mail right now. BUT, that trophy is only given out after you've proven yourself several years in this league. That's not fair, since it's an annual trophy and this YEAR Karlsson is having a HISTORY season for D-man

April 1, 2012 at 12:21 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Nice work Ian.

Ian Mendes:
I just want to point out that the two players I interviewed today (Kyle Turris & Sergei Gonchar) have scored for the Sens.

Ian Mendes:
Sorry. I can only help you score on the ice. RT @TheQwardian: @ian_mendes can you interview me before I go to the bar?

April 1, 2012 at 4:50 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

Steve Warne ‏ @TGORSteve
Sens answered questions all year. Just last week we had demands for panic button. They responded with 23 G in 4 straight W's to clinch.

I'm guilty for saying hit the panic button after that horrible loss to the Habs 5-1

April 1, 2012 at 5:46 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

From Mark Borowiecki, after the marathon 13 round shootout in Bingo's 6-5 win today:

@TheBoroCop

I got to shoot in the shootout today...great April fools joke #thesehandsarentreallymadetodangle

April 1, 2012 at 10:12 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Dean Brown weighs in on the "find a criticism for Karlsson" scene, with a take on Ken Hitchcock's criticism:

@PxPOttawa

Thinking about Hitch's comment that Karlsson is "protected". Karlsson +8 at hm and +10 on rd. Pietrangelo +26 at hm and -7 on rd? what???

Seems Pietrangelo is effective when Hitch can choose the match up..struggles on rd when Hitch can't match. So which player is "protected"?

Ridiculous in the first place by Hitch. I know he wants to promote his guy, but there is no compairison.

April 3, 2012 at 2:54 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

From @SensNation:

This F-35 disaster reminds me of the Kovalev signing. #DueDiligence #OperationalRequirements #HiddenTrueCost #Sens

OUCH!

April 3, 2012 at 6:34 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

"From @SensNation:

This F-35 disaster reminds me of the Kovalev signing. #DueDiligence #OperationalRequirements #HiddenTrueCost #Sens"

ummm... one small difference - the government has NOT signed a contract to buy anything...........so, yeah

April 3, 2012 at 7:03 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

and regardless of what they cost, we can be reasonably sure the planes will eventually show up.

April 3, 2012 at 7:20 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Kova-who?

April 4, 2012 at 12:22 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

It seems Milbury's comments about Crosby just won't go away. From @CJ_Stevenson:

On TSN990, former #hab Chris Nilan just said “If there was anybody in the NHL who wore a skirt when he played, it was Mike Milbury.” #zing

April 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

but Milbury could beat the sh*t out of a unruly fan with a shoe with the best of them

April 5, 2012 at 1:48 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Todd Van Allen ‏ @heyitstva

Guitar amp innovator Jim Marshall has passed away. His coffin will be stacked with those of his other dead relatives behind Motörhead.

April 5, 2012 at 9:08 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell