Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > new thread: Greatest tweets.

@KingAlfie11
Lorne
Love when two Leaf fans try to fight me for wearing a Sens jersey in Ottawa. You wanna know why people hate you?

That's the Leafs fans in a nutshell

February 4, 2012 at 10:47 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

From @AwsumnessReigns

Silfverberg, Stone, Pageau and Prince - all 3rd in their leagues in avg pts/game and not 1st rounders. #Sens

February 6, 2012 at 8:57 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Jeremy Roenick @Jeremy_Roenick

Another brutal brutal no goal call by the refs in bruins/buff game. These guys do something incredible every night. #joke

February 8, 2012 at 8:53 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

“I think (Phillips) scoring two goals proves there are hockey gods and rewarding a great person,” said Jason Spezza,

February 10, 2012 at 12:46 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

@craiganderson41:

What a shutout win in Tampa tonight!! Great team defense. Congrats to #spezza on the #hattrick. #oldtimehockey 2 pad stack in the 1st. #sens

February 14, 2012 at 10:51 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Jordy Fox @jordyfox

Kurt Cobain would have been 45 today and headless

February 20, 2012 at 7:20 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Too soon, too soon.

February 20, 2012 at 9:58 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

@Russell: That's just wrong man...

February 21, 2012 at 3:59 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

@RobinLehner great to see you find your way to the big club, me thinks you should a been here all year. Don't f*&k it up ;). -- ST00LI (@ST00LI)

February 23, 2012 at 6:46 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

@bradyfan590: Jake Gardiner scored his 4th career goal in his 54th career game. It took Erik Karlsson 61 games to score HIS 4th

a Leafer post by Marsha's brother

and it's too bad the Sharks just beat the Leafs in regulation--no points for you leafers.

February 23, 2012 at 9:28 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Scott MacArthur ‏ @TSNScottyMac Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
#Leafs fans deserve better. Bottom line. #NHL

this after the Sharks beat the screaming Trees--I think the cock a rocha fans got exactly what they deserved myself.

February 23, 2012 at 10:27 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

One of the comments on TSN

"You know the Leafs have leadership issues when Mike Komisarek is a healthy scratch for weeks and when he finally gets to play he's wearing the 'A'!"

February 24, 2012 at 12:15 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

From the Flames official twitter account @NHLFlames

“$10 Million over two years for Hemsky is the funniest thing I’ve heard in a long, long time. I hope it happens. #whatajoke”

The Flames apologized with the following statement.

“Earlier today an inappropriate tweet was sent from our @NHLFlames account by a staff member. The below tweet was meant to come from a personal account, which we do not condone either, but mistakenly made its way onto our timeline.

“It is an internal issue that will be dealt with and it does not reflect the thoughts and opinions of the Calgary Flames organization.”

February 25, 2012 at 5:16 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

You gotta love when this happens:

Jim Lang ‏ @JimLang590
I beginning to think #Leafs nation is on the verge of hitting rock bottom. So much anger and frustration over another dismal effort.

aaahhhhh cock a rocha nation is angry and frustrated

February 25, 2012 at 10:02 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Eric Francis ‏ @ericfrancis

Senators picking up Ben Bishop is a major coup as he's the best goalie in the AHL. Leafs should have been all over him. #leafs

February 26, 2012 at 11:46 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

the EFFING Leafs should be all over everydamnthing according to the Hockey World

February 26, 2012 at 12:47 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

He's right. The lafs should have gone after Bishop but I guess he's not a big enough name.

February 26, 2012 at 1:59 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Burke: " i shouldn't have to ask him to come here! He should just want to!"

February 26, 2012 at 2:09 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

@DownGoesBrown: (Burke's tie) Prediction: starts off loose, moves to scarf mode, finishes the day wrapped around his forehead like Rambo.

February 27, 2012 at 9:06 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

@DownGoesBrown Finally, #TradeCentre day has arrived. Somewhere, Brian Burke is staring into a mirror while dramatically undoing the knot in his necktie.

February 27, 2012 at 9:16 AM | Registered CommenterThatAffleckGuy

All from @alexsemin

"Turning off my phone for the day. If GMGM calls to tell me I'm traded but I don't hear it, I'm still a Capital, right?"

"Just heard I was traded to Boston in exchange for Mitt Romney's yacht. I hope the yacht floats around as aimlessly as Ovi."

"TRADE NEWS: Just got sent to the Rags for a signed Jeremy Lin rookie card. Seems unfair; the card's worth at least $7mil."

February 27, 2012 at 9:37 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

Another one from @alexsemin

"This #TradeCentre morning is about as boring as a period of Caps hockey under Dale Hunter"

too funny, I wonder who's doing it

February 27, 2012 at 10:38 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

Nice shot at Bob McKenzie

@ShawnMcKenzie89 "I think my Dad traded me and my Mom to Columbus for any information on Nash."

February 27, 2012 at 10:42 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

LOL

@Maccer25 "Don't know if I can handle Pierre McGuire for a whole day"

February 27, 2012 at 10:46 AM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Kevin Thompson ‏ @puddleduck1972

Corvo is hoping that Turris steps up and shows that he's a man tonight. Question: ... is Joe looking for a fight or a date? #awkward #Sens

February 28, 2012 at 8:19 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell