Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > new thread: Greatest tweets.

From @cassiecampbell:

"Alfredsson told me after game he may have to rethink that this is his last year playing as he is having so much fun this season"

January 14, 2012 at 10:24 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

a quote doesn't get any better than that.

January 14, 2012 at 11:07 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Andy Borowitz @BorowitzReport

I think we should take religion out of sports and put it back into war where it belongs. #tebow #nfl #broncos #patriots

January 14, 2012 at 11:25 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

(it's a few days old now, but it's a beauty)

From @TSNDaveHodge:

When Randy Cunneyworth found out that Cammalleri was no longer on the bench, he apparently said, "I guess Mike was interim, too."

January 16, 2012 at 12:05 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

@ianmendes:

Anderson on NHL 1st Star: "It's a credit to how well the team has been playing..I'm just riding the train and collecting the benefits."

(this is probably the third or fourth time I've seen Anderson deflect praise away from his play as the reason for the recent wins and put it on the rest of the guys on the ice helping him out with rebounds etc and how they are playing as a complete team to get the job done)

@citizenwarren

Cynthia Konopka, Zenon's sister, will sing anthems tonight. "She got the looks and talent in the family," Zenon said.

January 16, 2012 at 12:23 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

not a tweet but from an article in the citizen:

"Melnyk also took some not-so-subtle shots at former coach Cory Clouston while also talking up current bench boss Paul MacLean.
He noted young players want to be taught how to be better players, “as opposed to being told how badly they played.”

January 17, 2012 at 8:46 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

@citizenwarren

Cynthia Konopka, Zenon's sister, will sing anthems tonight. "She got the looks and talent in the family," Zenon said.

Then he is one ugly-ass no-talent sumbitch, 'cause that anthem was terrible!

January 17, 2012 at 9:41 AM | Registered CommenterPortera

I'm sure lots of you follow @senschirp, but Iaughed when I saw this one:

Foligno handles the league's most overrated player with the gloves off too. #Sens

January 18, 2012 at 10:29 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

From CBC.ca's comment section on last night's game:

FOR SALE - Toronto Maple Leafs
Contact owner @ 1-613-SENATORS

January 18, 2012 at 12:17 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Ok, the twitterverse is now flooded with outraged cry-babies who think Phaneuf should have been captain at the ASG (over Alfie, among all things)...

I'm seriously starting to think there's something in the Toronto air that causes serious brain damage.

January 18, 2012 at 12:29 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

From @DownGoesBrown:

I hope Zdeno Chara drafts Kessel by saying "I guess I might as well, since I already own him".

January 18, 2012 at 1:49 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Brown is amazing.

Is it just me or is he on fire lately? There's good chemistry with Potvin, who is almost as witty. I've always enjoyed Dean, but never noticed how funny he was until this season. I had the Leafs feed for last game, then you know how much you really miss. And it's not just because it's them damn Leafers (I notice it on other feeds as well), but the quality is just way lower. Actually that might as well be because they're damn Leafers :)

I hope he (and the rest of the team) keeps doing the broadcasts for many years to come. That will be a comforting thought in Underground-less times!

January 18, 2012 at 6:45 PM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Ian Mendes
Sens confirm that Kaspars Daugavins (left leg) will not return tonight.

SensChirp
@ian_mendes Any chance the rest of him returns?

January 19, 2012 at 11:47 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

not a tweet but a blog post from Down goes Brown, comparing Alfie and Chara:

Alfredsson: Was born in 1972, on December 11.
Chara: Was born in 1977, from March 13 to 18.

January 21, 2012 at 12:43 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

@ianmendes:

Refs informed Erik Karlsson that he is a diver - hence no call late in game. MacLean is furious with that label.

This was already posted in the game thread, but it deserves to be in this one as well. Unreal.

January 21, 2012 at 7:20 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

From @PSBJoyonTheSens:

Coach Kleinendorst says he expects Patrick Wiercioch to play one of the #BSens' games next weekend. Great news. #Sens

January 23, 2012 at 1:05 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

OMG!! this is unreal. not a great tweet in any sense, maybe the worst ever. this guy is so old and senile. if anyone ever deserved to be fired for a tweet, this would be it.

Dave Hodge - TSN
@TSNDaveHodge

"Don't know if it's fair to point this out, but Tim Thomas has three children named Kiley, Kelsey and Keegan."

KKK???!!! really, Dave? Really?

January 24, 2012 at 8:24 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

@jasonyork33 calls it correctly:

refs becoming 2 much of factor in outcome of 2 many games.can't remember last time i haven't noticed the refs in a game and that's bad sign

January 24, 2012 at 11:23 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

From @cassiecampbell:

"Alfredsson told me after game he may have to rethink that this is his last year playing as he is having so much fun this season"

I really hope he still thinks this after how bad the officiating s been this week oh and btw here in Leafer land the fans that i have to drink beers with and hear them brag about the Leafs. Are saying this equals out the spezza interference on Reimer SMH!!!!!!!!!! Im moving to Ottawa

January 25, 2012 at 12:22 AM | Registered CommenterStewart Coutu

Babcock, after MTL loss:

"Wings' Babcock: “I'm not going to look at the video of this at all, I'm going to go out and drink, actually, is what I'm going to do.''

January 25, 2012 at 11:11 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Courtesy of @BizNasty2point0

The most fascinating thing about the #NHLSkills competition is that most of it is probably being done hungover.

January 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

A few zingers from Ian Mendes from the Skills competition

"Kane as Superman was the best action hero we've seen here since we had two seasons of Alex Kovalev as The Riddler."

"Stamkos in accuracy drill pretty much sums up Tampa's season."

"I knew Chara would break the record when they flashed that picture of John Muckler on the jumbotron just before he shot."

January 28, 2012 at 10:42 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

From @borocop (Mark Borowiecki, and @petersson20 is André Petersson):

Great win. @petersson20 shoots the puck like a little girl though. I could score three goals every game too..I just don't feel like it.

January 29, 2012 at 11:41 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Henrik Lundqvist @HLundqvist30

As a friend, team mate and fellow country men it's very cool to see how much they love Alfredsson in Ottawa.. #welldeserved

January 29, 2012 at 10:30 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

"I was a little surprised'' at the reaction of the fans, countryman Henrik Sedin of the Vancouver Canucks said. "I've never been part of a reception like that where a guy has been there for a long time. I didn't know how much they really appreciated him here, so it was fun to be a part of it."

"It was an honor for both of us to play with him today,'' added Sedin, referring to him and his brother, Daniel.

January 30, 2012 at 12:32 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell