Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > new thread: Greatest tweets.

James Harris ‏@modsuperstar

@benthompson007 @sensunderground lol, a Leaf fan lecturing on playoff success. That’s like a virgin going over the nuances of the Kama Sutra

February 23, 2013 at 8:30 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes

I think Therrien has done a remarkable job with the Habs. But what MacLean has done with the Sens defies logic.

March 18, 2013 at 10:18 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

From the TSN comments (not a tweet, but still true and funny):

Post #1: "The sens have never ever beaten the Maple Leafs in the playoffs and never will. "

Post #2: "The leafs would need to make the playoffs for that to happen. "

March 18, 2013 at 1:05 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

He dug that one nicely for himself there!

March 18, 2013 at 3:45 PM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

What's ever more sad is that Leafs fans' biggest claim to fame is beating the Sens 3 times in the 1st and once in the 2nd round of the playoffs... and then proceeding to fail against the Devils back to back, and then Hurricanes and Flyers.

Come on guys and gals, let them have their fun! Between remembering the glory days of Tucker, Gilmore, Sundin and Eddie, and bringing out members' of their last Cup winning team (on their dialysis machines) out on the ice they don't have much to stand up and clap about... that's mostly cause they are on their 5th and 6th $20 beer at the ACC, but I digress!

March 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Steve Warne ‏@TGORSteve 20h
Bad game, but just ONE game. Nothing more. MTL was killed at home by TOR 6-0 last month. Won't affect the Sens any more than it did MTL.

March 31, 2013 at 8:06 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Hope we don't meet the Leafs, come playoff time... The only thing worse than the Leafs making the play offs, is them beating the Sens. Boy would I be sorry for Sens fans that live in Canada.

April 1, 2013 at 11:33 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

I actually wouldn't mind if the Leafs passed us in the standings, cause then we'd play Winnipeg if they stay at the top of their division, and the Leafs would have to play Boston or Montreal.

April 1, 2013 at 9:22 PM | Registered CommenterChuckProuse

THIS!!!!!

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 1m
Lots of interest for Ben Bishop. #1 goaltender somewhere next season for sure. #senators #RDS

April 1, 2013 at 10:36 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Pretty much sums up the NHL Trade deadline

Jason Lewis ‏@SirJDL
That's it! No twitter today. *Walks away* *Comes back and checks* Alright seriously this time *Walks away *Comes back* ... #NHLTradeDeadline

April 3, 2013 at 11:56 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

Down Goes Brown ‏@DownGoesBrown

Killing time by playing solitaire. I don’t like cards, I just wanted to remember what it's like to see anything get dealt. #TradeCentre

April 3, 2013 at 12:00 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Saw this one on the TSN twitter tracker during TradeCentre this morning:

"I keep hearing my Leafs talk about the playoffs. I might have to google that, it sounds important..."

April 3, 2013 at 2:41 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

@dadexter

LOL, sounds like a rare Leafs-fan I could live with...

April 4, 2013 at 2:43 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Not a tweet, but it is great and gone viral....

Russell,

If this were you, how would the wife react?

April 8, 2013 at 9:27 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

From @seguinsports:

Erik Karlsson skates! Less than 2 months after slicing his achilles, Karlsson looked very good in a workout this am with Marc Power. #cbcott

BREAKING: Erik Karlsson back on the ice! Exclusive footage on CBC News at 5, 5:30 and 6. #cbcott #Sens

Great news! I can't see how he'll be back this season, but it's a good sign nonetheless. It must be a Swedish healing trick he learned from the Golden Gawd.

April 8, 2013 at 11:43 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

"Not a tweet, but it is great and gone viral....

Russell,

If this were you, how would the wife react?"

why is it always me associated with dumb guys and girls?

April 8, 2013 at 3:39 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

he wasn't dumb, not if he was looking at that girl

April 8, 2013 at 10:08 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

if you haven't seen this, you have to check it out.

hysterical

April 9, 2013 at 12:12 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

After @LAKings thanks the Devils for making their Cup win possible, they get this reply from @NHLDevils:

@LAKings glad we could give back. We are always willing to help the less fortunate. We have 3 cups tweet us when you do too.

Burn!

April 9, 2013 at 10:32 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

"Russell, if this were you, how would your wife react?"

There is a reason that his wife calls him Pigman.

April 9, 2013 at 10:51 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

From @jordynmoussa

"the Wanted posters and other signs this "Red Scarf Union" have planned for the #Pens/#sens game is a perfect example of what does not belong in the game of hockey."

Reply from @Ceekay77

"@jordynmoussa Matt Cooke is what does not belong in the game of hockey."

April 22, 2013 at 10:51 AM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

What's with all these politically correct, stuffy, Ottawa apologists?! God forbid someone makes a poster, boos an opposing player, or feels anything but a quiet content at a hockey game!

Last time I checked, venting your frustration and hate for an opposing player that took out your best player was a healthy thing to do.

April 22, 2013 at 2:05 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

"Last time I checked, venting your frustration and hate for an opposing player that took out your best player was a healthy thing to do."

its what gave birth to the Underground! well, that and a 3-headed ostrich.

April 22, 2013 at 5:24 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

TJ must be real healthy.

April 22, 2013 at 5:50 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Not really a tweet, but still funny in my book.

While talking about Orpik with a french co-worker who's a Habs fan:

Me: "Orpik a non-fighter? He's a f**king weasel!"
Him: "What's a weasel?"
Me: "Darcy Tucker..."
Him: "Got it..."

April 23, 2013 at 1:47 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter