Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > new thread: Greatest tweets.

We just canceled all games through Nov. 1, in case you're wondering why your timeline suddenly has 900 "Leafs undefeated in October!" jokes. -- The NHL Rulebook (@nhlrulebook)'

October 19, 2012 at 3:16 PM | Registered Commenterbeach bunny

@michealw31: "NHLPA asks for cookie. NHL gives PA cookie. NHLPA asks for milk ..."

November 11, 2012 at 3:54 AM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Candidate for tweet of the year from @ian_mendes:

Some NHL owners are labeled as hawks; others as doves. Apparently, Jeremy Jacobs is being cast as a pigeon because he craps on new ideas.

December 4, 2012 at 1:40 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

BSens coach Luke Richardson, as quoted by @PSBSens:

'I don’t hear about the lockout much here like I would in Ottawa but until the NHL comes back there is no interest right now. It’s football season and other things are going on. The NHL has to be careful of letting things slide too far.”

December 5, 2012 at 6:59 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

@Steve_Lloyd

I'm guessing there are more people up watching from within 10 blocks of my house than actually in attendance in Ufa.

@tsnjamesduthie

Reminder: Twitter is a live news feed. First rule of Fight Club: If you haven't watched the CAN game yet and plan to, stay off Twitter.

December 26, 2012 at 11:54 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Eric Macramalla ‏@EricOnSportsLaw
My fat gut says season RT "@grinder36: @EricOnSportsLaw gut feeling right now, do we have a season?"

I'm still pulling for Armageddon to happen to this stupid hapless league with an a**hole like Bettman in charge but the lawyer says they could still have a season. It's totally sickening whenever Bettman says "we have the greatest fans in the world and we expect them to be back" or words to that effect.
I'm not buying Center Ice this year no matter what these jackasses do that's for sure.

December 27, 2012 at 11:31 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Unless Center Ice is damn near free that is. I'm already backing down from my stated position. What can I say I'm a stupid fan.

December 28, 2012 at 11:04 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey
If and when a new CBA is signed, word on the street is the NHL will make Centre Ice free for the season.
Retweeted by Steve Goldstein

this is why I had to go back on not getting Center Ice, I saw this may happen.....

December 30, 2012 at 4:06 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

@ian_mendes ... great quote:

"It's fitting that the CBA talks will resume on New Year's Eve in Manhattan because nobody drops the ball like the NHL."

December 31, 2012 at 12:05 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Off topic from hockey, because everyone can use a diversion from the stupidity of the NHL right now (@Cmdr_Hadfield is Canadian astronaut Chris Hatfield who just started several months on the International Space Station). All accounts are the real person:

@WilliamShatner: @Cmdr_Hadfield Are you tweeting from space? MBB

@Cmdr_Hadfield: @WilliamShatner Yes, Standard Orbit, Captain. And we're detecting signs of life on the surface.

@GeorgeTakei: @Cmdr_Hadfield I'm fine with beaming down with the away team, as long as I don't have to wear the red shirt.

January 4, 2013 at 5:45 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

A little city-wide Twitter war going on this morning in Texas:

@DallasCowboys: "Similarly in the category of nobody-cares…the NHL is back!"

@DallasStars: "At least our #9 got the job done....." RT:" @DallasCowboys Similarly in the category of nobody-cares…the NHL is back!" pic.twitter.com/06y0e6iG

@dallascowboys: "@DallasStars our sincere apologies for the inappropriate tweet posted accidentally. Good luck this season.”

@DallasStars: "Apology accepted“ @dallascowboys: "@DallasStars our sincere apologies for the inappropriate tweet posted accidentally. Good luck this season.”

January 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey
If and when a new CBA is signed, word on the street is the NHL will make Centre Ice free for the season.
Retweeted by Steve Goldstein

this is why I had to go back on not getting Center Ice, I saw this may happen.....

I wouldn't count too much on that. It's my understanding the NHL doesn't directly deliver the feed to your house, but uses the cable companies for that. Even if the NHL decided to provide all feeds for free, the d-bag cable companies will find a way to charge you money for it and cash it as pure profit.

January 10, 2013 at 3:54 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

These are for Russell, I figured he missed his old buddy from HNIC

Alan Strachan ‏@winsford99
“@joecam_17: @winsford99 u don't mention the shambles burke inherited from the previous gm very nice opinion al” Irrelevant. He got Reimer.

2m Alan Strachan ‏@winsford99
“@houzounian: @winsford99 Canucks were a mess with the Sedins. He got one because of the poor finish. He gave up McCabe for the other. wow!

3m Alan Strachan ‏@winsford99
“@mdbbrooklin: @winsford99 Can u honestly say what the leafs organization has now is worse than when he started” the numbers do.
6h Alan Strachan ‏@winsford99
For the second time in his career, Nonis is frantically trying to make a decent hockey team out of the shambles he inherited from Burke.
Details

January 18, 2013 at 12:12 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Alan Strachan ‏@winsford99
“@peisnowman: @winsford99 f*ck I hate you Al Strachan” if you hate someone because of sports opinions, seek professional help.

Russell was that you who sent this message to Al?

January 18, 2013 at 12:20 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Hate is such an ugly word, TJ.

I simply dislike the crap-covered douchebag.

January 18, 2013 at 10:16 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Shawn Simpson ‏@SSimpsonHockey
Who dressed the CBC crew? "Clash of the Titans" #FashionPolice

January 20, 2013 at 3:01 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Jason York ‏@jasonyork33
@m_jackson1980 I watched Karlsson all this week at practice. For those who think there will be a dip - he's actually better this year

Jason York ‏@jasonyork33
The only way Karlsson has a down year is if there's an injury , otherwise he will be right there for the Norris again . He's 4 real ....

January 20, 2013 at 3:06 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

RT @mbrassard: Alex Kovalev ne parlera apparemment pas aux médias ce matin à Ottawa. Dommage, j'avais une bière pour lui dans mon sac de ...

January 21, 2013 at 12:21 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Okay, my french is a bit rusty. He doesn't have a beer for him, where..?

January 23, 2013 at 4:48 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

@dabrams2021 I can't overstate how well-liked Semin is in the room. A pleasure to be around.
1m Sens Call-ups ‏@SensCallUps
@MikeSundheim @dabrams2021 that's what she said! -Pan

Top this one.......

February 11, 2013 at 11:37 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Thanks TJ :)

February 11, 2013 at 11:50 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

Eugene Melnyk ‏@EugeneMelnyk1

"NHL loses its best and most exciting player because of 1) missed call by ref and 2) guy who should have been kicked out of league 3 yrs ago"

that could be costly.

February 14, 2013 at 12:09 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Eric Francis ‏@EricFrancis

For those just waking up, a meteor the size of Dustin Byfuglien has rocked Russia: VIDEO http://bit.ly/XDbiWg

February 15, 2013 at 9:25 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I thought the meteor was Alfie's wrath caused by the Karlsson injury...

February 15, 2013 at 9:59 AM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Aaron Vedder ‏@avedd1990

@sensunderground can't wait to hear Bob call say "dzuirzynski"

February 16, 2013 at 3:08 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell