Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > new thread: Greatest tweets.

I saw a tweet so good today I decided that I'd start a thread where we can post the best of the best.this was today's:

"Bloge Salming @blogesalming
BREAKING: The dildo thrown onto the ice last night was indeed a french tickler and will now be considered for the Habs head coaching job"

January 5, 2012 at 5:23 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

opiatedsherpa Clayton Corley
If Zibanejad gets the winner for #Sweden tonight, does he go to the #NHL All-Star Game too? #Sens

January 5, 2012 at 10:35 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I love the smell of jealousy in the morning

January 5, 2012 at 10:44 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Saw a tweet about how Kessel lead in votes all the way up until 2nd last week and then the Sens caught up and overtook him in the end -in a typical come from behind Sens fashion!

Pesky Sens!!

January 6, 2012 at 12:33 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

"Brian Burke misses the days when an enforcer was necessary? I'm sure Maple Leafs fans miss the days their team was in the playoffs."

January 6, 2012 at 9:37 AM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Great one from RSU:

"Brian Burke's undone tie is the old man equivalent to a popped collar. Please stop."

On the same subject, from Chris Cuthbert:

"The more I watch highlights of the Burke newser the more I wonder why no one got @LeafsBB20 a clip-on tie for Christmas. #itsatienotascarf

January 6, 2012 at 10:27 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

From Steve Warne:

"Disagree. I can't think of a single reason NOT to fight Maxim Lapierre. RT @rcamcole Sorry, don't see the point in Campbell-Lapierre fight."

January 7, 2012 at 11:27 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

heard on TSN boards after Pesky Sens crush Philly oranges to make orange juice:

"Eric Karlsson...now that's a good nib......Condra, Greening,and Zack Smith....Great nubs!....Good work Ottawa Senators!"

"....and stealing Turris Mr. Murray was a nice Gil Morgan...I didn't see that coming!...Great job Ottawa Senators!"

That Turris kid is quite good at holding onto the puck and distributing it nicely, feeding the Alfie beast! Eh, Spezza?... Holding onto the puck...?
And Turris is not even in full gear yet! Missed training camp, only played one third of the games or so... He's gonna be key in the playoffs. Yeah, I just said it. Hurts to admit that I had the gas tank on the Tank fully gassed up, and it's been sitting in the garage since November. It's not a corvette, damn it! But I love it! GO PESKY SENS!!!!!!!!

January 8, 2012 at 10:18 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

"Sens could beat Chuck Norris in the 3rd"

January 8, 2012 at 10:24 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

"With his 41 points, Erik Karlsson would be the leading scorer on 19 other NHL teams."

January 9, 2012 at 12:04 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

"After taking a puck to the mouth, Dion Phaneuf earns a new nickname - puck face - which is actually quite similar to his old nickname. #Sens"

January 10, 2012 at 10:01 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

didnt really see this on twitter just Tsn page comment

I hope the Sens continue to 'overachieve'... right to the Stanley cup.

January 11, 2012 at 4:50 PM | Registered CommenterThatAffleckGuy

not from twitter either, but from Carks about a twit (Cooke) when he hit him at the buzzer the other night.

“That’s an easy two-minute penalty. That’s all that was,” said Carkner, who was given a roughing call. “He ran Gonch. We’re up 5-1. He dove (after he was hit by Carkner). I don’t understand why you dive when there’s zero seconds left on the clock.

“You’re not going to get much of a power play there. He’s one of those guys who always takes his cheapshots here and there. When I get a chance to give him a shot back. I gave him a little shot. I don’t know why he dove ... Avoiding the second shot was probably was what he was doing so it was probably smart on that part.”

January 11, 2012 at 9:51 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Love that quote Homer -- where did you see that article, or was is a quote on TV / radio?

January 11, 2012 at 10:49 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

It was from the Ottawa Sun

January 12, 2012 at 12:21 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

Ian Mendes @ian_mendes
Leaf logic: Phaneuf being voted as ASG starter is sign that he's not overrated. But Sens being picked is a sign that process is a sham.

January 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

NYPD BULLETIN:

WANTED FOR THEFT: CRAIG ANDERSON

January 12, 2012 at 10:35 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

ArponBasu Arpon Basu
This is rich RT @NHLFlames: "I might be in trouble... I don't speak French, even if I have the most French name on that team." - \Bourque quote

that's the Habs for you--Gauthier I'd bet thought Rene'Bourque did speak French

January 12, 2012 at 10:53 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Only in Quebec language discrimination is so overt. There are so many soccer players in Europe from 100s of different countries and NOBODY cares what language you speak. All everyone cares about is winning and effort. I wish Cunneyworth told the Mtl media on day one: "Shove it!" When you think about it, it's up to the journalist (who is requesting the interview) to be able to communicate with the interviewee!

Good luck to Rene Bourque. It I was him I'd change my last name to Smith.

January 12, 2012 at 11:06 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

From @proteautype:

It's official – Pierre Gauthier is starting a new entertainment company: "Cirque du S.O.L., eh?"

January 12, 2012 at 11:45 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

James Gordon @SensReporter : What with Calgary? "I can't quit you!"

January 13, 2012 at 12:02 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Still don't get all the animosity over the fact that the Mtl coach doesn't speak french...

I mean, why do the fans care? Everyone already knows that Habs fans know better than the coach on any given day... just listen to them during games.

January 13, 2012 at 12:01 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Funny tweet:

@phoenixcoyotes
#Coyotes Assign Rundblad to AHL

Sorry... I just had to :P

January 13, 2012 at 2:05 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

(this is a paraphrase from the post game show after the Sens win over the Habs)

"Life is better when the Sens win! Getting up in the morning is better, having a coffee is better, looking at the sports scores is better, riding the bus to work is better, riding the elevator to your office is better, getting back home at night and looking forward to that night's game... and even romance with the wife is better!"

So f-n true! Just breathing the air is better when the Sens get that W :D

January 14, 2012 at 10:21 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

"Hi #Leafs fans - #Sens fan here. Just wanted to let you know that I am still watching the standings but keeping my mouth shut. Thanks."

January 14, 2012 at 10:23 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal