Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Around the League

as terrifying as this may seem, i will be in attendance with the one and only Ivan the Naked, straight from the rock. God help any habs fan that gets stupid.

March 13, 2012 at 10:44 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

spotted on twitter:

Sens have apparently dipped into the NCAA free agent market. Word is they have signed forward Cole Schneider out of UConn.

March 13, 2012 at 10:51 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

penguins have won 9 straight...and they are about to get syd back. yikes!

March 13, 2012 at 10:58 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Oh man, I'd love it if the Sens crush the Habs Freeday so we can sing them off with na-na-na
Def. gotta meet up Russ. I wanna buy you a beer and take a pic with you, Ivan can stay out of the shot, esp. if he lives up to his name.

Schneider - 22 goals in 37 games, not bad. Now let's see how he does in Bingo. That Bingo team is gonna be fun to watch for the fans down there next year with all the prospects coming in.

Foligno is inside Syd's head. Did you hear Syd? He's saying he'll stay away from scrums etc. Good luck keeping that promise in the playoffs. :)

March 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

we'll meet up for sure. i'll be the one dragging the newf off of some choked out habs fan.

March 14, 2012 at 12:15 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

When the Sens destroy the Habs, Sens fans need to start chanting the OLE song.

Show them how annoying it is.

March 14, 2012 at 9:22 AM | Registered Commenterdadexter
March 14, 2012 at 5:39 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Heard an interesting rumor at curling last night from someone who has a relative in the Toronto media. At the trade deadline Burke approached the Bruins about the availability of Tuukka Rask. The Bruins of course said no way but they kind of suggested they could talk again before the draft. Apparently there are whispers around the leafs head office that Thomas could be available for the right price (swap of draft picks?). Thomas will be 38 next season and the Bruins owner is still pissed at Thomas for his Whitehouse stunt. Something to watch this summer.

March 17, 2012 at 12:15 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Rask is 13 years younger than Thomas and is due for a full time starting job in the NHL. He proved himself in 2009-10 when he played 45 games, finished with a 22-12-5 record and a 1.97 GAA, but he is stuck behind Thomas at the moment.

I just don't see Boston trading Rask away. Rask is an RFA at the end of the year and Thomas has one year left on this contract. According to Capgeek, Thomas has a NMC/NTC that expires on July 1st. So I would expect Boston to make Rask a qualifying offer to retain his rights, trade Thomas in the summer and then officially make Rask their #1.

Of course according to the Toronto Media, the Leafs also have a good chance at having Cory Schneider and Jonathan Bernier as their goalies in the near future.

March 17, 2012 at 1:07 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

If I had to pick a favorite to win the Stanly Cup, I would have to go with Pittsburgh. A Vancouver - Pittsburgh final might be interesting.

March 18, 2012 at 10:34 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

we all watched Reimer last nite why would Toronto be looking for a Goalie???

Vancouver is playing like crap don't see them making the Finals--St.Louis Detroit (if healthy) and Nashville from the West and the Pens by a mile in the East

March 18, 2012 at 11:51 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

5 minutes into the 2nd and it's 5-0 Boston over Toronto. Reimer let in 4 goals on 9 shots in 12 mins 43 secs before getting pulled.

March 19, 2012 at 8:15 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

7-0 to start the 3rd.

and we could only get 1 on them......shame.

March 19, 2012 at 8:55 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Seriously. Why did we get so few chances in that game? Why was it a replay of the previous game? So frustrating. Our secondary scoring is pretty week these days.

March 19, 2012 at 9:09 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

For one of the few times I'm actually pulling for those a**wipes and they lose what 8-0 to a team Ottawa will never catch now.

You guys are so right how did Ottawa lose to these guys???? There is no Positivity going on with Ottawa unless of course they can come out tomorrow and seriously start playing hard forechecking hockey. It's all on Ottawa's offense right now the rest of the team the D and the Goalie have been very good.

To top off the nite Buffalo kills TB to creep closer to the Sens

March 19, 2012 at 9:36 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I think it's a little on the coach, that last loss to Toronto. Should have had Carks and Konopka back in the lineup to provide some energy and fresh blood. It was what, their 3rd in 4 nights? An you have 2 healthy bodies sitting in the press box. Two guys who love to beat the crap out of people, too.

Can't wait to get Winchester back and shake up the line up a little. Too many passengers offensively...

March 19, 2012 at 10:05 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

you know, Dawg, that's not the dumbest thing I've ever heard. the thing about carks and konopka. having some fresh, spirited legs in for that laff game would have been a good move. and it's not like whoever they would have taken out (gilroy, butler) were lighting it up on offence for those two habs games.

another good point was made on the radio today about how to quiet the laff fans in our bldg. how about the players do their part and stop throw up stinkers? not sure why they had such trouble this year getting motivated to play their biggest rival but had they abused the laffs the way they should have, those idiots in the stands would be a lot quieter.

March 20, 2012 at 12:30 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

radulov returning to the preds looks good on paper but remember what Todd White said about Bondra in Ottawa and messing with team chemistry. it might screw things up as much as help. no guarantee of anything.

March 20, 2012 at 9:15 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

The NHL circus was at MSG last night.

Right off the opening face off, 3 seconds into the game, three fights breakout between NJ and the Rangers.
Stu Bickle, a defenceman, took the opening faceoff for NJ.

Stu Bickel - Ryan Carter
Cam Janssen - Brandon Prust
Eric Boulton - Mike Rupp

Of course none of this was premeditated, it was all spontaneous right? /sarcasm

What were the penalties you might ask? 5 minutes each for fighting. None of the combatants got a 10 or a game.

The only 10 minute misconduct was given to NJ's Bryce Salvador who tried to help the ref get Bickel off of Carter who, had fallen on his face and was all bloodied up. He probably has a broken nose.

How the hell do all these guys only get a 5 for fighting and this past Saturday Neil and Grabovski each got 5 and a game.
What is the official amount of elapsed time between a 1st fight and a 2nd fight that a game misconduct is handed out?

March 20, 2012 at 1:38 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Stache has been really smart about shuffling the line-up and the lines within the game. The Saturday stinker could have used some of that creativity.

The only reason I can think of that prevented him was the "numbers game" - Sens want to have a good look at Gilroy, so they are not going to take any other D-man out for Carks to step in. Konopka was probably left out because of the same old excuse it's a speed game, blah blah blah. Every time Konopka is on the ice he's trying to finish checks and go to the net. That's all I care about.

Maybe Foligno needs to move to centre on the 2nd line and provide some physical presence. Turris could be tried as 3rd line centre.

March 20, 2012 at 4:20 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

everyone pray for a slow start tonite in Turdonto so the stupid cock a roches can chant Fire Burke at the ACC. It is so fun to listen their podcasts when that team gets blasted.

it's still hurts to think that the Sens didn't show up offensively to beat those turds on HNIC

March 20, 2012 at 5:19 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Lee versage said it pretty well the other. day. there's just something missing when the sens face T.O. For some reason, they just can't bring their A game. there's no excuse for not doing it, but they just can't. maybe the crowd does intimidate them. i don't know the answer but we've seen it too many times to not acknowledge it. there's some kind of disconnect happening with these guys when they face those turds.

another good point, dawg. Foligno has not been the same player since they moved him back to wing from center.

March 20, 2012 at 6:02 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

If Roger Goodell ran the NHL, there would be very few cheap shots. this guy knows how to run his league.

March 21, 2012 at 6:53 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

A lot to be said for 'Loser attitude' that Mike Calamari talked about with the Habs. Habs (69pts, last in the east) have a better goal difference than Panthers (85pts, playoff position). They lose when it's close, and play better when the day is lost. I think the Snes attitude has been great, but at times shows a lot of nerves, fear of losing. I hope they can relax right now and not blow our playoff spot.

March 21, 2012 at 11:33 PM | Registered CommenterAtheist Aussie

Or, the Habs are in a perfect position for the draft lottery and not screwing their chances to pick top 3 by going on some amazing win streak *cough*SENSlast year*cough*

March 22, 2012 at 1:36 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg