Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Around the League

oilers give $5 million a year to hemsky. he's only has 20 goals or more twice (23 tops) and gets hurt a lot. that's pretty steep for him.

February 25, 2012 at 10:35 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

it makes sense when u do the comps to guys like him: Havlat gets hurt a lot and never really reaches full potential and makes 5 Million a year.

Carkner in and Lee out--not sure why they are messing with a good thing....

February 25, 2012 at 12:20 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Havlat would be the perfect example of why you don't hand out a contract that size to a guy like that.

They'll need carks in there tonight for his toughness against the B's.

February 25, 2012 at 2:51 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

anyone else think it seems unfair that the Pens had Mario and jagr, now they have crosby and malkin? well, when they have crosby, that is...

February 27, 2012 at 6:57 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

milbury and roenick

this rivals some of the Stooli/Shredder rants.

March 1, 2012 at 12:59 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Milbury reminds me of Fred Flintstone.

On topic though, I don't like Letang and karma is a bitch, ain't it? The hit was as clean as it gets in today's NHL.

March 1, 2012 at 5:16 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Toes and Hjalrmansson are both out for the game tomorrow. Not even traveling to Ottawa.
Good timing for the Sens to pick up the 2.

March 1, 2012 at 5:56 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Letang put Spezza out for 6 weeks last year with a dirty hit from behind and I believe was not penalized for it. so, ....oh well.

March 1, 2012 at 5:59 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

... none of the experts said a word about Letang's blatant hit on Spezza from behind (separating his shoulder)

March 1, 2012 at 6:08 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Has anyone seen this clip of Tim Thomas and the media about his posts on Facebook?

About half way thought he says "This is my job, Facebook is my personal life. If you guys don't understand the difference between an individual and what they do as a job then I think there's a problem..... enough of this, that's my personal life and has nothing to do with hockey or the Boston Bruins"

Well, one could say that going to the White House with the Bruins was part ho his job now couldn't they?

March 1, 2012 at 8:21 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Scott Hartnell scored his 31st tonight setting a new career high... Going back to the All-Star game I remember thinking, this guy would be awesome on the Sens. He would be a crowd favourite and is an absolute beast on the ice. He made some nice comments about Ottawa and Alfie while being mic'd up during the ASG.

March 1, 2012 at 9:00 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

just to get you guys going. tsn player rankings:

18. Phil Kessel RW Toronto 80.34
19. Pavel Datsyuk C Detroit 80.11
20. Jason Spezza C Ottawa 80.10

March 1, 2012 at 10:40 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Buffalo won last night and passed the screaming trees dropping them down to 11th, 5 points out of a playoff spot. It wasn't that long ago that Toronto was in 8th with only one team within easy reach, now they're among a 5 team battle for the 8th spot and they're in the bottom two of that 5 team battle. You have to love it.

Dawg, on Hartnell don't forget the "Suck it Phaneuf" at the ASG. That instantly made him a fan favorite in Ottawa even if the does play for the Flyers.

March 2, 2012 at 6:53 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

18. Phil Kessel RW Toronto 80.34
19. Pavel Datsyuk C Detroit 80.11
20. Jason Spezza C Ottawa 80.10

yeah right, everybody knows Kessel is better than Datsyuk, who the hell are the 18 players better than Datsyuk? last time I looked Defense is also part of the game and that damn Datsyuk can take the puck from anybody.
Since no one gives Spezza credit even his own teams fans u could put Kessel above him but Datsyuk???

March 2, 2012 at 6:11 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Since Burke complained to CBC for Cherry's comments about Wilson and demanded an apology, I think we should all complain to the leafs for their firing of Wilson and demand that they hire him back.

March 3, 2012 at 9:29 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

Best and most disturbing comment from the Burke/Carlyle press conference.

Burke: "If there was one difference between Ron and I is that I liked it rough and him not so much"

March 3, 2012 at 10:37 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

LMAO!!!!

Wilson: " be gentle with me, Brian...."

March 3, 2012 at 10:40 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

other than the fact that its really funny, you have to look at that statement and wonder:

1- why did he sign him to an extension then?
2- why did he fill his team up with a bunch of pussies?

March 3, 2012 at 10:42 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

there's Russell again interjecting facts into a Leaf discussion

March 3, 2012 at 4:47 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

sucks not having a game to watch on saturday night but then again, we don't have to listen to CBC go on incessantly about the Laffs and their new crappy coach tonight.

March 3, 2012 at 6:04 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I'm sure fans calling into the Fan590 in Toronto are saying that RandyCarlyle has already passed PaulMacLean for Jack Adams award consideration

March 3, 2012 at 9:44 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Jack Adams? I thought they renamed the trophy to Randy Carlyle at the press conference announcing him as the new coach. So, technically he won his own trophy.

Joking aside, should be fun watching them push for 9th.

March 3, 2012 at 9:51 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Just cause I know StooLi throws this a looksy: TSN Power Rankings
Finally, some realism reflected in where the Sens and where the Laffs are positioned.

To provide some perspective ESPN Power Rankings
A little surprised LeBrun didn't rank the Sens higher, he usually does.

March 12, 2012 at 4:37 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Woohoo!! I knew Tampa would spank the B's (5-0 in the 2nd, with BOTH thomas and turco letting 3 in on 5-6 shots hahahaha)
Why isn't anyone crying goaltending controversy?? You know that if Ottawa had problems in net TSN/CBC would be all over it.

Anyway, way to go Tampa :)) There goes one of Boston's games in hand on the Sens.

Btw, anyone going to the Habs-Sens on Friday?

March 13, 2012 at 9:02 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg