Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Around the League

Buffalo Sabres are possibly shopping Derek Roy, hunh? Well, before they DIVE in and make a BIG SPLASH with this guy, I sincerely hope that they don't FALL for some sort of FAKERY by taking a HALF-GAINER into the free-agent market. I mean, what they really looking to be LOU-GAINING out of this???

Sorry, sorry ... had to ... now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to listen to my favorite song by Dio ...

January 22, 2012 at 6:51 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck
January 22, 2012 at 7:26 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Derek Roy to Ottawa - yes or no?

January 22, 2012 at 7:29 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

if he did come to Ottawa, he would take some heat off that other diver we have, Karlsson.

January 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Kerio connect offers easy to solve IT problems. Our Company provide IT Sector software solutions delivers on our promise of quality, stability and simplicity for the valuable small and medium business.

January 23, 2012 at 5:16 AM | Registered CommenterKerio Connect

WTF is that ^

January 23, 2012 at 10:48 AM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

It's proof of how mainstream SU has become -- spammers actually register to post their garbage.

January 23, 2012 at 12:06 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Ovechkin suspended 3 games for a hit to the had of Pittsburgh's Zbynek Michalek. His next game will be on Feb. 4, but will still be able to participate in this weekend's ASG.

Brenda is showing a pair again?

January 23, 2012 at 8:17 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

... and in other news, Tim Thomas is apparently an anti-government nutbag. Who knew?!?

Link to Tim Thomas Skips White House Visit

January 23, 2012 at 8:34 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Brenda is showing a pair again?

pretty surprised by this myself. but it still lends to the inconsistency of it all.

January 23, 2012 at 10:05 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

re: thomas.

good for him. if he believes in his views that strongly, i admire him for making a stand.

January 23, 2012 at 10:10 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

OK. So maybe it's not from the NHL but interesting.
http://www.thecheapseats.ca/2012/02/alexander-radulov-hits-khl-coach-with-stick.html

February 2, 2012 at 12:53 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Sam Gagne with 4 goals and 3 Assists against the Blackhawks that's a pretty good game especially considering Gagne had only 5 goals going into the game---oh check that he just got another point for 8 points on the nite 4G and 4A and this after not scoring for the past 11 games.
he gets the first second and third Star of the game.

the refs just aren't awful against against Ottawa in the Vancouver v. Detroit game the Canucks have had zero PP's and Kesler is tripped right in the middle of the ice going for the puck and the ref is standing right there on the board and does nothing.

Gagne's streak is a little like Butler's has been maybe Butler can do the same thing, right?

February 3, 2012 at 12:09 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Funny how seriously the clock incident in L.A. is being taken as a threat to the game's integrity when incidents such as Auger's, Peel's and O'rourke's are completely swept under the carpet as if they have no effect on the game.

actually, its really not funny at all.

February 3, 2012 at 9:13 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

If the investigation actually reveals that someone actually did stop/start the clock (accidentally or not), how much do you want to bet that the official story will be a clock malfunction.

and LA GM Dean "Mr. Wizard" Lombardi's explication...

"Those clocks are sophisticated instruments that calculate time by measuring electrical charges called coulombs — given the rapidity and volume of electrons that move through the measuring device the calibrator must adjust at certain points which was the delay you see. The delay is just recalibrating for the clock moving too quickly during the 10—10ths of a second before the delay. This insures that the actual playing time during a period is exactly 20 minutes.

"That is not an opinion -— that is science -— amazing device quite frankly."

February 3, 2012 at 11:39 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

The clock is a diver...

February 3, 2012 at 12:02 PM | Registered CommenterPortera

So he's saying that it's an electrical hockey play?

February 3, 2012 at 6:43 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

talked to a guy who runs the clock at SBP. he says likely the guy running the clock just got a itchy trigger finger, may have thought the ref blew a whistle. can be hard to hear over the crowd. says it happens from time to time.

February 3, 2012 at 6:56 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

If he did have an itchy trigger finger, shouldn't he have had the obligation to inform someone that he accidentally stop the clock for a second?

Granted through out a game with all the starts and stops there is a margin of error of what the actual time should be, but shouldn't the final minute of a period/game be as accurate as possible?

February 3, 2012 at 7:08 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

that is a good point, he should speak up it that's the case. and he likely will.

i heard today they have a system that links the clock to the ref's whistle. they have tried it in the nba. it makes a difference of 17 secs per quarter.

February 3, 2012 at 7:40 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

17 secs per quarter or 68 secs in a game. You know what you can do in 68 secs?

eat a dozen wings, that's what

February 3, 2012 at 10:52 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

i heard today they have a system that links the clock to the ref's whistle. they have tried it in the nba. it makes a difference of 17 secs per quarter.

Remember things are not always black and white in the NHL. Sometime, even if he didn't blow the whistle yet, in the referee's mind, the play can be dead an a goal disallowed.

February 3, 2012 at 10:56 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Slugs coach Lindy Ruff is out with three broken ribs after a collision on the ice with defenceman Jordan Leopold during practice...

No joke...

February 7, 2012 at 7:39 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

check this out from Anaheim game

Once again, in Anaheim and once again, Peel is the ref. that's right, hockey fan, you WILL bend over and you WILL like it without lube.

February 9, 2012 at 5:42 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Jokinen's just a diver.

February 9, 2012 at 6:49 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior