Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Around the League

Shredder's boy marchand gets a 5 game holiday.

January 9, 2012 at 7:22 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Way more than I expected. I thought Brenda would give him a game a stern talking to.

I still don't get why Brad Marchand ducking a hit is a dirty play. I'm under 6 feet myself, so if I see a 6'+ 200lbs + guy coming at me, why wouldn't I try to avoid the hit? I just don't get it... maybe someone can explain...

January 9, 2012 at 7:33 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

those low bridge hits are knee killers. remember Bryan Marchment? can't be doing that.

January 9, 2012 at 7:44 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Brad's blog. talks about the vancouver game and the clip.

January 10, 2012 at 12:51 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

habs fans

funny yet sad at the same time.

January 10, 2012 at 1:01 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

@Russell: these people are a freakin joke... Our bridges in Montreal are all falling apart, we get double-taxed on everything, if I owned a car, I'd have to sell it to be able to afford putting gas in it, our healthcare is so bad that hospitals are yelling at people "Go somewhere else! We're packed!"...

Yet the topic on everyone's mind is a F'N COACH WHO CAN'T SPEAK FRENCH!!!

...I'm so ashamed...

GO SENS GO! HABS SUCK!

PS: Leafs suck too, but I don't like stating the obvious...

January 10, 2012 at 10:54 AM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Dustin Penner showing that he has a sense of humour.

Pancakegate

January 12, 2012 at 11:14 AM | Registered CommenterPortera

Listening to L'antichambre on RDS and they are reporting that Cammalleri has been traded to Calgary.

Gauthier will speak with the media in about 15 minutes

What is it with Calgary bringing players back? Jokinen, Tanguay and now Cammalleri

January 12, 2012 at 9:49 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Rene Bourque is apparently involved in the trade

January 12, 2012 at 9:52 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

so it's

"Cammalleri, as well as goaltender Karri Ramo (playing in Europe) and fifth round pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft to the Calgary Flames for forwards Rene Bourque, Patrick Holland (playing for Tri-City Americans) a second round pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft."

January 12, 2012 at 10:05 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Gauthier: " TABARNAQ! WHAT DO YOU MEAN RENE BOURQUE DOESN'T SPEAK FRENCH!!?? I WAS GOING TO NAME HIM COACH!"

January 13, 2012 at 1:59 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Why do pundits keep saying "Brian Elliot got ran out of Ottawa"? WTF?! Dude shat the bed (and had a lot of help doing so from his team) and he was traded. It was a win-win for both parties. Ottawa needed a new goalie, Elliot needed change of scenery.

People make it sound like he had a .950 save % and was on fire, but Ottawa kicked him out anyway.

January 13, 2012 at 2:02 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

and those exact same exerts were saying that the Sens would go nowhere with Elliot in nets

January 13, 2012 at 4:14 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Uh-Oh Pens in trouble
Apparently, rumours were started some players held a meeting to pick a new temp. captain.
It's funny to see Sindy Crybaby skewered under the camera answering dumb media questions.
I guess it sucks when you lose so much and have rumours started about your team, eh?
Enjoy it Sh*tsburgh. Gonna be a nice long summer.

January 13, 2012 at 9:01 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

when the Slugs are playing the LeafsSuck team who do u pull for? I have to pull for the Slugs because they are furthest away from Ottawa in the standings. But there's a smell when u pull for the Slugs.
Of course since I'm pulling for the Slugs it will go to OT and both these pathetic teams will get points and move closer to Ottawa

January 13, 2012 at 9:46 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

TankDawg I'll let RayFerraro explain about Marchand---if u go back 12 seconds Marchand and Salo came together on a shoulder to shoulder hit--Salo has never been known to ever be a dangerous force on the hockey rink by the way. Marchand took exception to the Salo hit and was hitting him after the puck went to another player. They came back to together on the exact same play 12 seconds later and Salo was moving into Marchand shoulder to shoulder again and that's when Marchand went low and Salo went head over heels and got a concussion.
Those are Ferraro's words not mine I heard him explain that hit on Ottawa and Toronto radio stations.
Ferraro called it dangerous and he thought it deserved 5 games from the beginning when he saw what happened earlier to those 2 players on thru to the low bridge hit.

January 13, 2012 at 9:53 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Thanks for the explanation TJ. I didn't see the whole thing, just Marchand clipping Salo.

Buffalo beats the Laffs. Perfect.

January 13, 2012 at 10:14 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

yeah it's nice the Laffs got beat---what does anyone think if they get that big Forward from Philly VanReimsdyke for a Toronto DMan probably L.Shenn and something else, since we all know Shenn sucks as bad as the Leafs do I don't know what to think. I hate both teams but how does it affect Ottawa going forward with the Laffs getting a upgrade at Forward if that happens.

and I incorrectly said that Salo has never been known to be a dangerous force on the hockey rink--he is but only to himself, he gets hurt in the strangest ways.

January 13, 2012 at 10:41 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

The Duthie interview on the Sens Underground Twitter on the side of the page is awesome--he does say Dion is overrated and see what he says about the Golden Gawd.

January 13, 2012 at 11:02 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I think it would be a good trade for both teams but if I was Holmgren, I'd ask for picks as well - really fleece the Leaves, they seem to be susceptible to it. It'd be interesting to see JVR in TO without all the good players he's surrounded by in Philly.

It's rumoured JVR is currently playing through an injury and getting limited time.

January 13, 2012 at 11:10 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

JVR is with a concussion

"James was hit in the head in each of our last two games. He reported yesterday, not feeling like himself," Holmgren said.

I have a feeling that he's faking like a kid who doesn't want to go got school except he doesn't want to risk getting traded to the screaming trees. At around 4pm on February 27th, he'll feel much better.

January 14, 2012 at 3:53 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

LMAO.

funny.

January 14, 2012 at 4:26 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

When I switched over to CBC for the game, they were talking about JVR and his concussion. Which clip do you think did they decides to show?

If you guessed the Butler phantom elbow, then you'd be correct.

By Holmgren's quote he said that JVR was hit in the head in each of the last two games they played, which would have been against Carolina and NY Islanders. That clip was from Sat the 7th, 4 games ago.

January 14, 2012 at 7:06 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

What hurts even more is that our tax dollar funds these geniuses.

January 14, 2012 at 10:17 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

According to NHL.com, Alfie and Chara named team captains for the ASG...

WOOT!

January 18, 2012 at 12:19 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter