Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Around the League

i heard he bashed his mouth on the mic and is out 6-8 weeks.

speaking of glass men, i hear havlat is out 6-8 weeks with a "falling over the boards getting onto the ice" injury. this is not a joke! it really happened!! sami salo thinks that's ridiculous.

SNAP!!

December 22, 2011 at 8:22 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

... and while we're on the subject of the chronically injured, Regin is now out for the year. Murray, kinda wish you'd thrown him in for the Turris trade and not the pick ....

December 22, 2011 at 4:24 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

I'm not ready to give up on Regin. A full year to heal up the shoulder and rehab properly and he'll be 100% and stronger than ever next year. Even in the short amount of time he played this year, he showed a lot of good play.

December 22, 2011 at 6:59 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

atta boy, Dawg! there's those positive waves!

December 22, 2011 at 7:20 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

No charges laid against Mad Mike for his on-ice altercation with a 12 year old.

It probably got blown out of proportion, but put aside the type of contact Milbury had with the player, what was he doing on the ice? It's the referee/linesmen job to break up a fight or scrum between players. He had no business being on the ice at all.

Here's a comment from Milbury about what led up to the incident.

“And … this was also after watching my kid get verbally bullied by the other player for over two hours. It was the third time that night that Jake and the kid got into it, and that was the last straw for Jake. I mean, what kid can take that?’’

Now isn't Milbury the guy complaining every week that the NHL is turning into a pansy league with all these suspensions and "over reactions" for hits to the head?

I guess an impartial observer with the same mindset as Milbury would think that Jake Milbury a pansy for needing his dad come to fight his battles on the ice.

Hey Mike, I guess it's different when the "shoe" is on the other foot.

December 23, 2011 at 7:17 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

saw this in an article today:

"The Sens longest losing streak this year was five games from Nov. 1-11, with Alfredsson, Regin, and Carkner out of the lineup."

does it surprise anyone that alfie was out for this stretch? what are we going to do when he's gone? *cold sweat*

December 27, 2011 at 10:33 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

re: Milbury.

i believe he was on the ice to act as a goal judge in a for fun shoot out thing. this whole thing just sounds like someone trying to sue a rich guy.

December 27, 2011 at 10:34 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

there's been so much talk about the speed of the game causing concussions. probably so but speed has nothing to do with this:

torres

this is what needs to be removed from the game, not the speed. nice job by McQuade to set him straight.

December 29, 2011 at 8:44 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

2nd straight game Torres throws a 'questionable" hit.

torres again

Yes, the guy ducks down at the last second, but that hit was super later anyways and torres angled to get him hard he could have easily made that a shouldeer to shoulder but he cut out front of him to get him straight on. this guy is an idiot.

December 30, 2011 at 8:28 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

btw, want proof that fighting does NOT stop the idiots in the game from running around? look what mcquade did to torres in boston game for dirty hit then look what he did the very next night. guys like him, tootoo, tucker, cooke, you can beat on them all day long, they don't care. fighting as a deterrent is an out-dated concept and has nothing to do with the instigator penalty. the instigator didn't stop McQuade and it doesn't stop anyone, really. look at all the fights we now see after clean hits.

December 30, 2011 at 8:41 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

3 straight games now that Torres throws a head shot. I can't believe a $2500 fine didn't get his attention.

Full retard

January 1, 2012 at 1:38 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

here's a good article on what we already knew:

Leaked report

will be interesting to see how Buttman spins this.

January 2, 2012 at 1:25 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

How did the Rangers become #1 in the east ahead of even Boston? Tortsy really has his team clicking.

January 4, 2012 at 7:54 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Buttman will have his usual blinders on and only see two paragraphs

"The five teams who have most increased their ticket revenue over past five seasons are all based in the U.S. A year after winning the Stanley Cup, the Chicago Blackhawks generated about $1.1 million per home game in regular-season ticket revenue in 2010-11, more than double the $500,000 per game the team garnered in 2007-08.

The Washington Capitals' ticket revenue climbed 82 per cent in five seasons to $1 million per game last year. Other top gainers were the Pittsburgh Penguins, with a 38 per cent increase ($1.1 million per game in 2010-11), the Boston Bruins (up 38 to $1.1 million) and the New York Rangers (up 23 per cent to $1.6 million.) The Penguins, for instance, have had 227 consecutive sellouts, and boast 14,000 season-ticket holders. There's another 9,000 on the waiting list."

January 4, 2012 at 8:27 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

One less talentless goof in the league. Burke upset no room in game for goons.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=384292

January 5, 2012 at 2:57 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

i actually believe that part of what was irking Burke was that the leafs weren't getting any attention yesterday, Ottawa was getting it all and this was just a way to grab some headlines back. even 4 hours away, his gigantic ego and unlimited arrogance is suffocating.

here's a good article on the whole topic from The hockey news.

Burke is a dinosaur. Goons do not stop the rats. we've always had goons and we've always had rats. they just co-exist and drag the game down. besides, guys like neil, or Smith, or carks, guys that can actually play, can handle the rats just as well as a goon. its time for the NHL to move out of the dark ages.

January 6, 2012 at 5:49 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

you can't help but think that even if re-alignment was almost perfect for the NHLPA they would still have blocked it. both sides are simply gathering up bargaining chips for the next CBA. it will be easier to get Kim kardashian to stay married than to get these two sides to agree to anything over the next year.

January 7, 2012 at 12:03 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I was thinking the same thing that they blocked it to use it in CBA negotiation. It's almost as transparent as the NHL execs saying that they are serious about the concussions issues and doing everything they possibly can to resolve it.

January 7, 2012 at 12:32 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

of course, i don't doubt for a second that the nhl tried to shove this down their throats as a powerplay.

January 7, 2012 at 1:07 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Brad Marchand is in trouble again. gave salo a concussion with the clip he threw on him yesterday. hes going to lose a lot of money before his career is over.

January 8, 2012 at 2:22 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Lucic's game misconduct for leaving the bench was immediately rescinded after the game. The Sens had a few BS five and a game penalties this season and none were rescinded by the NHL. They didn't result in suspensions, but I think that there is a rule that multiple game ejections have automatic suspensions.

January 8, 2012 at 5:03 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

maybe Brenda's afraid of Lucic too.

January 8, 2012 at 10:32 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

A blind man could see Brenda has it out for the Sens and he's a total homer for the Rangers.

January 8, 2012 at 10:53 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

So ... LA Kings Dustin Penner is out right now due to ... get this ... his back seizing up when he sat down to eat his wife's pancakes. No joke ...

Someone get this recipe - it must be a doozy. How bad must her cooking be if Dustin is willing to slip a disc to avoid eating her food?!? I've heard of bad cholesterol and stuff from eating the wrong foods, but this ... this takes the crepe.

January 9, 2012 at 5:34 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

"his back seizing up when he sat down to eat his wife's pancakes."

is this some kind of dirty metaphor?

January 9, 2012 at 6:58 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell