Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Around the League

It's great that Crosby's back tonight. Great for the Pens and the league.

... Crosby just scored on his 2nd or 3rd shift. Sick backhand. It's like a playoff game in Pittsburgh today.

November 21, 2011 at 7:10 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

> ... Crosby just scored on his 2nd or 3rd shift. Sick backhand. It's like a playoff game in Pittsburgh today.

Love him or hate him, you can't deny that he's a talented hockey player. It was a pretty goal, and a storybook ending to his return. He got an assist on the second goal as well.

November 21, 2011 at 7:57 PM | Registered CommenterPortera

3pts on the night, and it's still the 2nd period

whoever picked him in the pool is laughing all the way to the top right now

November 21, 2011 at 8:20 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

yeah yeah and I'm happy for Pittspuke they got "lucky" to win that lottery and get the greatest player since Mario and Gretzky--not bitter at all about where he ended up

seriously-- I'm happy he's OK now and playing for the league but I'll never like his team. especially this Friday

November 21, 2011 at 8:41 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

TJ, could have been worse... Sens could have been playing them tonight - Crosby's got 4pts - 2Gs

Watched a bit of the 1st. One of the Isles sneezed on Crosby and the Pens got a PP. Can't wait to pull my hair out over the reffing in the Friday game Sens v. Pens!

November 21, 2011 at 9:18 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

reminds me of once when Forsberg returned from an extended injury. he had four points and he looked like he never missed a beat. there are that handful of players that only play in the NHL cuz there's no better league for them.

November 22, 2011 at 9:12 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Watched a bit of the 1st. One of the Isles sneezed on Crosby and the Pens got a PP.

Can't say that I'm surprised about that. At least for the time being, the refs aren't going to let anyone near Crosby. I don't think that any of them want to be the ref on the ice when a player hits Crosby where he's slow to get up.

November 22, 2011 at 12:24 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

So Kyle Turris ends his hold out with the signing of a two year $2.8M deal. $1.2M in the 1st year and $1.6M in the 2nd. Since 1/4 of the season is gone already, the 1st year of that contact is actually $900K.

"I am happy to sign with Phoenix and start playing," said Turris in a statement.

How rich is that? Let me tell you... about $300K less than what he probably could have gotten at the start of the year.

Is there a trade in the works or is he going to stay with Phoenix.

November 22, 2011 at 8:25 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Boston - Buffalo is turning into a playoff game / old time hockey. Chara-Regehr, Lucic-Gaustad so far.. many hits and roughing

... Refs are calling everything Buffalo's way... 2Gs for Buff on the PP to take the lead.

November 23, 2011 at 7:32 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

In other news...

Brian Burke is a bully

December 5, 2011 at 6:57 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

I laughed my ass off the other day when I heard this:

Burke the anti-bully

the biggest bully in all of hockey supports an anti-bullying website? this, folks, is irony at it's best.

December 6, 2011 at 12:24 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Graham James pled guilty today to molesting Theo Fleury and other. hopefully this is the end of their nightmares. can't imagine what this has done to them.

December 7, 2011 at 4:44 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Between this and all the college molestation scandals, makes the hair on your neck stand! Kids have to be better protected against these animals.

December 8, 2011 at 12:20 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

habs trade for kaberle.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL!!!!!!!!!!

December 9, 2011 at 12:17 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Brian Elliot: STL 1.45 GAA
.947 save %
4 shut outs.

December 13, 2011 at 8:00 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell
December 14, 2011 at 11:04 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

>Just sick

I think he should expect a poke check next time he tries something like that.

December 15, 2011 at 6:53 AM | Registered CommenterPortera

I think he should expect a poke check next time he tries something like that.

TWSS

December 15, 2011 at 8:11 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Pronger out for season with concussion. Can't say I feel overly sorry for the guy. He has delivered more than his share of head shots in his career.

December 15, 2011 at 9:28 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

And the speculation begins...

TsnMarcCrawford Marc Crawford
If I'm Paul Holmgren, I trade ASAP for Sergei Gonchar. Give them a young prospect the same age as their developing core players #MaybeSchenn

December 15, 2011 at 10:01 PM | Registered Commenterpitlick

if they would trade Schenn for Gonchar--that would be too good to be true

December 15, 2011 at 10:08 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln
December 16, 2011 at 4:34 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Jaques Martin fired in mtl. Cunneyworth takes over. at least they didn't wait 3 seasons to long to gas him like the Sens did.

December 17, 2011 at 10:26 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

warning: inappropriate post to follow;

used to be when we said we wanted Gretzky's shirt under our Christmas tree, we meant Wayne's.

December 21, 2011 at 5:09 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

And what is Pascal Leclaire up to this year? Apparently, he's an analyst for Radio-Canada's hockey panel:

http://fr-ca.actualites.yahoo.com/vid%C3%A9o/actualites-22180765/le-jour-et-la-nuit-27398673.html
(skip to 1:25 if you don't believe me).

Good for him, I guess.

December 22, 2011 at 12:21 AM | Registered Commenterdata_sprite12