Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Around the League

Edmonton wins the lottery and pick 1st for the 3rd year in a row. Toronto remains at 5th and Montreal at 3rd.

Edmonton is already stacked with top prospects at forward. What do they do with their pick?

April 10, 2012 at 8:23 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

I think they'll trade it for BluelIne help and because Nail is a Russian---I wonder who among the top 6 or so picks will take the plunge up to take a Russian.
You'd think Edmonton wouldn't want to drop down to far and with Columbus second they'll have to probably take a Russian and hold their nose while doing it.
It's going to be real interesting to who takes Nail at no.1 and what kind of package the Oilers come away with---you know they don't want to drop to far down so they can take the no. 1 rated Dman in this draft.

April 10, 2012 at 8:42 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I hate Edmonton by the way so I hope to hell they screw it up

April 10, 2012 at 8:43 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

and Systine good analysis on Burke's nonsense

April 10, 2012 at 8:45 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I hate Edmonton by the way so I hope to hell they screw it up

TJ, do you like anyone?

Here are a few of your quotes from a search in did on the site.

- "I hate Pittspuke and the refs equally"
- "I hate the Toad Thomas everytime he plays Ottawa and now I hate him even more"
- "I hate Price as much as I do Tim Thomas when Ottawa plays these teams"
- "I hate the NHL office and just about all of it's officials they are total incompetents."
- "now I know why I hate GregMillen he's a stupid Leaf broadcaster"
- "I hate having to watch the other teams announcers"
- "I hate the Slugs"
- "Sutton could end up in Anaheim, and I hate Anaheim"
- "it's a great town to visit but I really hate the damn hockey team" (on Anaheim)
- "I hate Calgary and now even more so. Also believe they paid him just a bit more than Dion."
- "the more I watch and hear about the Leafs I hate them"
- "Whoever said it yesterday that they hate Glenn Healy is sure right what an absolute ass" - there's a good chance that was you
- "If they can win this game then they are totally on a roll. I really hate the Devils always have"
- "There is why I hate Marty Brodeur"
- "God I hate Bettman and Colin Campbell and all that crap in the NHL office"
- "God I hate it when Sens hit a post"

So much hate... I was literally LOL finding these.

This is you isn't it.

April 10, 2012 at 9:07 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

holy crap, that's funny.

April 10, 2012 at 9:43 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Homer, that was the best! My favorite is the "Whoever said it yesterday that they hate Glenn Healy is sure right what an absolute ass" - there's a good chance that was you". Just awesome

April 10, 2012 at 9:48 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

LMAO!!!

well maybe it's just strongly dislike because hate is too strong a word to ever use

April 10, 2012 at 10:52 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Homer I like the Senators

April 10, 2012 at 10:57 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

... actually, Homer ... I think THIS is TJ ...

... and there can never be enough Leaf hate - it's in the Bible.

April 11, 2012 at 2:20 AM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck
April 11, 2012 at 9:10 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell
April 13, 2012 at 11:03 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I liked this one too:

Apology

April 13, 2012 at 11:31 PM | Registered Commenterdata_sprite12

BBC Alex just sent this over to me.

funny and likely accurate

April 14, 2012 at 3:11 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

LOL @BBCAlex's spin the wheel for justice

Shea Weber 2500.00
Byron Bitz 2 games

April 14, 2012 at 4:14 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Seeing Ovechkin's tucked in jersey, I wondered how many other players do that and I stumbled across this Too funny.

Also came across this post from a Leaftard.
Dougie G made the jersey tuck popular among kids in the GTA.

The most famous jersey tucker is probably Gretzky (pre-Gilmour to all the screaming sphincters in Toronto who never heard of him ).
Apparently he started doing it when he was younger and the jerseys were too big for him and often got the but end of his stick caught in it. Tucking it in solved his problem, and kept on doing it through out his career.

April 14, 2012 at 4:41 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Gretzky def started it but the story i heard was it was because when he was young, he met Gordie Howe. Howe tucked his jersey in and said something like, " tuck your shirt in kid, you look like a slob" or something to that affect. after that, wayne always tucked it in as a tribute to Howe.

April 14, 2012 at 5:56 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Anyone watching the Bruins-Caps game? What they're letting go in the faceoff circle is crazy. Ottawa's been tossed out of the faceoff circle for breathing to heavily and here they're letting all kinds of things go.

April 14, 2012 at 6:21 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

what if the boston game goes past 7 pm? we still gonna get our game?

never mind.

April 14, 2012 at 6:42 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

From tsn.ca

MONTREAL -- Mike Cammalleri finally got his hands back on the last sweater he wore for the Montreal Canadiens.

The familiar No. 13 jersey arrived in the mail along with a hand-written letter from Habs owner Geoff Molson, according to a message Cammalleri posted Friday on Twitter.

"Much appreciated thank you. Merci," he wrote, in part.

Cammalleri asked former general manager Pierre Gauthier if he could keep the sweater as a souvenir when he was traded to Calgary midway through a game on Jan. 12.

Gauthier told him he would have to pay for it.

There was no word of a bill arriving along with the sweater and Molson's note this week. Cammalleri spent parts of three seasons with the Habs.

Fires his assistant coach on game day, fires his coach on game day, throws his new anglophone coach under the bus less than 24 hours later and now this...

Stay classy Pierre, stay classy. Good luck finding a new job. A team would have to be nuts to hire a back stabber like you and a free agent player wold have to desperate to sign with a team that you're involved in.

April 20, 2012 at 12:25 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

maybe the Leafs can add him to that over bloated management team they have, they have the highest paid mgt. team and the most guys in their mgt. team what's one more douche?

April 20, 2012 at 10:40 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

it may not surprise you to find out that I, as someone who loves cheese, think Rene Rancourt is great!

April 21, 2012 at 3:19 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I am confused about the NHL popularity in the US. I was at Disney last week and of all the shirts people were wearing around the parks and resorts about 30% of them where sports teams and of those I would say 80% were NHL shirts. Now there is no way all those poeple were Canadians. I when to the ESPN Club to catch a game one night and it was packed, every TV in the place had either the Bos/Was game or the NYR/Ott game on but the place was dominated with Bruins fans as they would all brake out into Boston chants. All around I saw Nas, STL, Chi, Pits (Crosby shirts where a dime a dozen), NYR, Was, SJ, Col, Bos (tons of these), LA, Phi, TB, Fla, Mon, Win, Ott, and of Leafs shirts. I also had no problems finding the games on NBC in the hotels.

Now maybe it is just that is is playoff time but I seemed to me the NHL is not as unpopular as the Canadian media may lead us to believe.

BTW, the Canadian Pavilion at Epcot only has Calgary, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Leafs and Habs jerseys.... they do not carry Edmonton or Ottawa.

April 23, 2012 at 10:09 AM | Registered CommenterSystine

The NHL has been picking up a lot of steam in the US the last few years. The biggest factor (in my opinion) has been the re-emergence of quality teams in what have always been vibrant, passionate hockey markets: Pitt, Boston, Chicago, Was, NYR, LA. (OK, LA's not a traditional market, but they go nuts for a winner.) Plus, your observation about finding the games on NBC has helped a lot -- the OLN / Versus experiment was such a disaster. But NBC has finally figured out how to put a sports channel together (and they've given it a normal name -- trust me, asking a bartender in California to turn on "Versus" is about as embarrassing as asking for directions to the ladies room). It would be better if the NHL was on ESPN, but NBC Sports is -- finally -- a legit alternative.

Just in time for another work stoppage to ruin everything!

April 23, 2012 at 10:46 AM | Registered Commenterpitlick