Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Around the League

the leafs are officially eliminated, yet again.

and water is wet.

March 27, 2012 at 9:53 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

"No heart, no soul, no character, no leadership, no offense, no defense, no goaltending, no skill, no talent, no scouting, no coaching, no management, no hope, no future. That basically sums up your team Leaf fans." Amen.

March 27, 2012 at 10:34 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

from what can be gleaned from the news reports, this (now official) seven-year playoff drought is the worst in Leafs History ... coming as the result of their tenth consecutive home loss, the worst homestand in Leafs History.

it may be too early to say it, but OH YEAH! suck it Phaneuf!

March 27, 2012 at 10:38 PM | Registered Commentervansensfan

Islanders spanked the Pens for the second time in a row 5-3 tonight. Speaking of spankings, Philly 7-1 Leafs - TSN website read Leafs 7-1 Philly lol, they wish.

The way things are going, it's looking like Sens v. Bruins. If Buffalo or Wash surpass the Sens, the Rangers are the most likely opponent as the Pens have now spotted NYR 5 pts lead.

March 29, 2012 at 10:28 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

take the Rangers and skip the damn Bruins--that's if they (Sens) can sneak in over Buffalo and Washington who beat the Bruins tonite

March 29, 2012 at 10:56 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Brian Elliott 3 straight shutouts. If only he could of done that here.

March 30, 2012 at 11:45 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShviXAolfAU

Please forgive me if you've seen this. It's gets funnier and funnier as it goes along.

April 2, 2012 at 9:31 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

i had not heard nor heard of Alan Frew's Free To Be Leafs song - apparently the Laffs went 0-9-3 in the last 12 games that it was played at the ACC before the puck drop, and Alan Frew himself apologised, taking full responsibility.
What gets funnier as it goes along, for me, is a clever parody, well worth the 3:26 invested ...

April 3, 2012 at 2:25 AM | Registered Commentervansensfan

they deserve everything they get just for being associated with glass tiger.

April 3, 2012 at 9:13 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

So I'm watching part of the Washington - Tampa Bay game last night, thinking about how much better Brian Lee was playing compared to Gillroy, and I noticed (or didn't notice might be a better way to phrase that) Vincent Lecavalier on the ice. It is hard to believe that at one point there was some talk about a straight swap of Spezza for Lecavalier. Sure not the player he used to be.

April 3, 2012 at 5:14 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Still, when it's said and done Lecavalier has a cup and Spezza doesn't
But I do agree on Lee. Got an assist on Stamkos' tying goal in the last minute.

I can't believe they traded Lee just when he was making noticeable strides forward. Would have been a nice addition on the 3rd pair of D in the years to come.

April 3, 2012 at 7:06 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Crosby rejects Milbury's apology. Crosby's agent wants Milbury fired. This could be more fun than Burke/Cherry.
http://sports.sympatico.ca/nhl/contentposting/milbury_apologizes_for_ripping_sidney_crosby/ee2ad5c6

April 4, 2012 at 10:46 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior
April 5, 2012 at 1:32 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

"Phaneuf has been openly mocked by Philadelphia Flyers forward Scott Hartnell and on-air analyst Ray Ferraro."

u gotta love RayFerraro and somewhat Hartnell even though he's a Flyer. Ferraro is on Ottawa radio once a week and for good reason even if it's just for openly mocking Dion.

April 5, 2012 at 1:41 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

and remember the Sens were a sparkling 13-0-1 the last 14 games Lee played in---I thought he had turned the corner in his play what did u guys think??

April 5, 2012 at 1:43 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I hate the Flyers, but I love Hartnell. He's the kind of guy you want on your team.

Did you see his Hulk Hogan impression mocking a Pittsburgh fan?

After his "Suck it Phaneuf" comment, does he get booed every time he touches the puck in Toronto?

April 5, 2012 at 6:52 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

lee was a good, solid, inexpensive depth D guy. under-appreciated by the staff here in Ottawa, imo.

April 5, 2012 at 9:03 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Off topic of Lee but only one team has not made the playoffs after Florida qualifies this season. Since the lockout that is and I'm betting no one can guess which sterling franchise has that dubious title.

April 5, 2012 at 10:03 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I am sure that now that Murray has had a chance to watch Gilroy close up for a number of games, he probably wishes he had not made that trade. I doubt we see Gilroy in the Boston series unless someone gets hurt.

April 5, 2012 at 10:15 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

I bet we see Gilroy instead of Carks right off the get go. Once Marchand, Bergeron, Kreiji, etc. blow by him a few times the Sens will draw the false conclusion of using the "speedier" Gilroy.

April 5, 2012 at 11:36 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Thank you John Tortorella

You said what I, and many others, have been wanting to say about Pitts for a long time.

April 6, 2012 at 8:22 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Torts is a freakin' classic.

April 6, 2012 at 11:26 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

"Leafs winger Phil Kessel to skip world championships with wrist injury"

Proof positive that Kessel is a wanker...

April 10, 2012 at 9:53 AM | Registered CommenterPortera

MLSE posted an "apology letter" for their latest season of failure in major newspapers yesterday, and seem to think that it will make everything okay. It did have a few revisions from the original version though.

April 10, 2012 at 10:35 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Burke is a moron, the Leaf fans are really going to be pissed now. In his press conference today, he made the following statements:

1. We could have made the playoffs this year or last but there is no point in finishing 8th.

I thought anything could happen once you were in the playoffs, but I guess Burke feels you must win the East.

2. He missed out on several key free agents becuase they refuse to give long term deals.

That is right don't play by the same rules are all the other GMs do.

3. He doesn't believe in the draft or free agents, you build a team by trading.

So, where are you going to get those good players without long term deals?

There were many more great comments, what a tool.

April 10, 2012 at 11:45 AM | Registered CommenterSystine