Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Baby Sens

Former B-Sen Derek Smith, who is playing on 2-way contract with Calgary this season, signs a 2-year, 1-way contract worth $1.5M. (Story)

February 21, 2012 at 2:39 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Surprised the Sens let Derek Smith go this year. He's got 10pts (2Gs) in 35 games this year for Calgary.

Poor baby sens are last in the league. But the future is looking good with the talent they have down there. And with possible additions like Zibanejad next year (if he needs the seasoning).

I'm surprised that Wacey Hamilton has struggled so much down there; only 2Gs and 5pts in 56 games. He was supposed to be a pure goal scorer.

Hoffman now leads the team in goals, followed by Klinkhammer. Seems like the Sens are really making everyone pay their dues and get their seasoning in Bingo before getting real shots at the big team like Condra, Greening, Butler, Daugavins, Smith. But if Butler and Daugavins keep struggling to produce I can't see why guys like Klinkhammer and Hoffman can't take their spots away.

March 1, 2012 at 5:05 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

SensProspects Hearing #Sens have called up F Rob Klinkhammer from #BSens

music to my ears

March 3, 2012 at 6:41 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

on Klinkhammer --- Joy Lindsay @PSBJoyOnTheSens she covers Bingo team predicted months ago he would eventually be called up after the trade to get him earlier this year.

March 3, 2012 at 7:07 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

and Dawg u also predicted his call up could come soon back on Jan.15th

March 3, 2012 at 7:14 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

lol
yeah, i'm quick to reward the hot hand

glad they haven't called da costa back up yet... he'll be better for it next year
hammer's had a couple of years down in the minors, time to find out if it's sink or swim

March 3, 2012 at 9:53 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Speaking of Bingo, where's Pucknut this year?

March 3, 2012 at 10:24 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

2011 1st round draft pick Matt Puempel joining B-Sens for some games:

Set to join #BSens. RT @mpuempel: On the road heading to Binghamton New York for the rest of the season.

March 19, 2012 at 5:14 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Here are the most recent Bingo practice lines (after injuries/callups/re-calls/additions/subtractions):

Lines
Derek Grant-Pat Cannone-André Petersson
Mike Hoffman-Stéphane Da Costa-Mark Parrish
David Dziurzynski-Wacey Hamilton-Jack Downing
Matt Puempel-Mike Bartlett-Cole Schneider/Francis Lessard

D pairs
Patrick Wiercioch-Eric Gryba
Mark Borowiecki-Craig Schira
Chris Wideman-Dan Henningson
Josh Godfrey-Tim Conboy

Who do you see as a potential reinforcement for the Sens playoffs run?

March 27, 2012 at 12:34 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Sens have signed Chris Wideman to a 2-year deal. He just finished 4 years of univesity level hockey.

March 28, 2012 at 4:22 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

B-Sens win today was in the 13th round of a shootout, on a goal from Eric Gryba, to win the game 6-5 (earlier SO goal from Stephane da Costa in round 2). Unreal.

April 1, 2012 at 8:34 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

According to @PSBJoyOnTheSens, the following are traveling from Bingo to Ottawa to join the Black Aces:

Lehner; Borowiecki, Gryba, Wiercioch; Da Costa, Dziurzynski, Hoffman, Petersson, Zibanejad, as well as #BSens Coach Kurt Kleinendorst and Assistant Coach Steve Stirling

According to @Steve_Lloyd, Matt Stone coming from junior as well.

April 15, 2012 at 11:11 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

I'm loving the truculence in that Black Aces lineup. Gryba and Dziurzunski are big boys and play big. Boro also loves the physical play.
The cupboard is full of weapons should they be needed.

April 15, 2012 at 1:01 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

JoyLindsay who covers the BabySens says BoroCop is the closest to making the Sens followed next by Gryba and then Wiercioch for the Defensemen. Wiercioch's +- is the worst of the 3 while BoroCop's is the best. They did play on a really really bad team

April 15, 2012 at 1:30 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

It's not exactly B-Sens news, but it's about a prospect who could be there next year:

Jakob Silferberg and his team Brynas have won the SEL championship, and Silferberg was named playoff MVP to go with his regular season MVP award. How soon will he be in Ottawa to join the Black Aces or even the big team?

April 19, 2012 at 3:49 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Silfverberg's not going to Bingo. He'll be playing on the big team ASAP, according to Tim Murray.

He'll probably play Monday at home vs. the Rangers.

April 19, 2012 at 4:26 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

If Silferberg goes out there and starts fumbling around I'm going to explode. I'd imagine the SEL playoffs had zero in common with the Stanley Cup playoffs. Sorry guys but Sens management got overconfident about their Swedish prospects and I'm skeptical. I hope he plays and makes a difference but the whole thing scares me. Just put Butler and O'Brien and Daugavins out there and let's win this series.

April 19, 2012 at 11:07 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

that would be unprecedented if he comes right into the lineup in a Game 6 after never playing in a game in NorthAmerica other
than World Juniors--- that's amazing that they are even considering it.

watching Elliott in Shark v. Blues series--talk about amazing he's something else now. I realize this turnaround wasn't going to happen in Ottawa but he's now one of the very best in the NHL.

April 20, 2012 at 12:07 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Silfverberg: would be reeeeaaaalllyyy risky. biut, we are desperate for offence too, esp with alfie out and Spezza awol.

April 20, 2012 at 1:14 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Kurt Kleinendorst officially confirmed will not sign a new contract with the Senators organization. He was offered several deals.

May 8, 2012 at 11:41 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Sens need to restock Bingo into a contender with a mix of young prospects and experienced players to teach the young guys. I think we saw the results in the Sens this year of a strong farm team where guys have to play well to get ice time and the experience of the Calder Cup playoffs was invaluable. Well worth the financial investment.

May 8, 2012 at 1:59 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

According to @PSBJoyOnTheSens:

Kleinendorst does not have another job lined up and said this was a personal decision, not a reflection on #Sens org or #Binghamton. #BSens

I wonder if it has to do with the Paularus being hired and being successful (Jack Adams candidate), so there's no opportunity at the big team in the near future? In any case, the Senators organization is losing a coach who has been very good at getting players ready for the NHL -- Condra, Greening, Cowan, Daugavins, Zack Smith, EK65, Butler, Klinkhammer, and O'Brien have all been through Bingo during KK's time.

May 8, 2012 at 2:28 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Transcript of Kleinendorst's last press conference. He was a class act through the whole thing, I must say.

May 9, 2012 at 11:43 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Ottawa Senators name Luke Richardson as the new head coach in Bingo: story on Senators website

The Ottawa Senators announced today that the club has named Luke Richardson head coach of its American Hockey League affiliate, the Binghamton Senators. The contract is a two-year agreement and will run through the 2013-14 season. Richardson will be joined by assistant coach Steve Stirling and video coach Matt Meacham.

Richardson, 43, has spent the last three seasons as an assistant coach with his home-town Ottawa Senators. He began his coaching career following his retirement as an active player during 2008-09 campaign, joining the Ottawa coaching staff for the final three months of the season.

A 20-year NHL veteran, Richardson played in 1,417 career games with the Toronto Maple Leafs, Edmonton Oilers, Philadelphia Flyers, Columbus Blue Jackets, Tampa Bay Lightning and the Senators, recording 35 goals, 166 assists and 2,055 penalty minutes. He added eight assists and 130 penalty minutes in 69 career NHL playoff games.

After signing with Ottawa in August of 2007, he played 78 games over parts of two seasons with the Senators, recording two goals, nine points and 43 penalty minutes. Richardson was Toronto’s first pick, seventh overall, in the 1987 NHL Entry Draft.

The seventh head coach in B-Sens franchise history, Richardson replaces Kurt Kleinendorst, who coached the club the last two seasons.

May 23, 2012 at 4:19 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal