Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Baby Sens

I wish they showed Bingo games here in Ottawa. Seemed like another exciting game - Sens down a goal with a minute to go... but they tie it to send it to OT. Lost in OT, but scored 3 in the 3rd to come back in the game - sound familiar?

FILATOV - 2Gs, 1A

Lehner did not play. It was McKenna.

ADDED: Week 1 highlights and summary - not off to a great start!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KvkyIXhvHjI

October 14, 2011 at 9:43 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Good for Filatov - he needs to start getting on the board. Now he just needs to get back into Maclean's good books ...

October 14, 2011 at 9:52 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Speaking of McLean, check out Ryan Hollweg's (remember that dirty bird?) mugshot - La Moustache has some competition!

http://theahl.com/stats/player.php?id=707

And since we're talking AHL.... Where are they now?
Cody Bass (lookin like a young Chuck Norris)
http://theahl.com/stats/player.php?id=1147

Josh Hennesy
http://theahl.com/stats/player.php?id=124

Jonathan Cheechoo (still going!)
http://theahl.com/stats/player.php?id=2760

Tyler Arnason (lol)
http://theahl.com/stats/player.php?id=2735

Alex Picard (Engage!)
http://theahl.com/stats/player.php?id=279

October 14, 2011 at 10:46 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

here's hilites from last nights game. check out the goal from Filatov! if he keeps that up, he'll be back in Ottawa in no time.

Slick!

October 15, 2011 at 11:03 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

my spies in NY state have told me that Filatov has done everything right since he's been there. Playing well but also engaged with the Bingo fans etc etc.

Seems to be taking a little time to bed the new team together but there is still a huge feel good factor from the cup run and coach KK is adored. Nobody expects a run like last year, but I gues nobody expected it last year either.

October 17, 2011 at 12:33 PM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

No one is expecting a run like last year. The team was gutted. BUT we still have Coach K and we've got good goaltending again. They're off to a slow start, but they started slow last year too.

October 17, 2011 at 7:52 PM | Registered Commenterpucknut

Does anybody know why Max Gratchev was removed from the Bingo roster and sent to ECHL Elmira Jackals? He's got 9pts in 9 games down there.

How's Jim O'Brien doing? His #'s are not too hot...

I'm going to the Sens v. Bullddogs game tomorrow in Ottawa - 4th row behind the penalty box, centre freakin ice. Gonna be awesome to see the baby sens in person!!

November 12, 2011 at 11:08 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

The B Sens seem to be getting on a roll at the right time. Here's the latest highlights from an 8-3 whoopin of Albany (Da Costa w the hatty)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl-mE80Au5Q&feature=youtu.be&a

December 29, 2011 at 6:18 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Holly crap!!! http://theahl.com/stats/official-game-report.php?game_id=1009117

127PMs and 5 ejections, including Lehner for abuse of officials

January 1, 2012 at 12:16 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Looked on youtube if someone had posted a video yet, but didn't find one. Maybe in the next few days or so.

There are several other videos if fights between the Bingo Sens and Syracuse Crunch, including this embarrassment.

can you believe this lasted a whole 1 minute 10 seconds?

January 1, 2012 at 10:01 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

Da Costa has the highest points per game on the team since getting down there. He had potential.

January 3, 2012 at 10:52 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

Hammer time?

Rob Klinkhammer (25 years, 6'3, 210lbs) has tallied 20pts (11G) with Bingo in 20 games since acquired from Rockford. Guy's on fire!
It'd love to see a Senators Klinkhammer jersey :) I like Butler's hustle but I can't believe all the chances he's had on the second line and the power play. I think StooLi totally jinxed him with his jersey purchase :P

Also:
Andre Petersson has tallied 25pts (12G) in 30 games, Da Costa has 19pts (8G) in 21 games.
AHL vet Corey Locke is also worth giving another chance with 24pts (4G) in 21 games.

January 15, 2012 at 6:25 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Well, well... Reports out of Sweden that Ottawa will recall Andre Peterson for their upcoming road trip.

January 16, 2012 at 3:22 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Sens called up F Andre Petersson and D Mark Borowiecki. Neither will play tonight, but they will make join them on their road out west trip (4 games in 6 nights) as a little insurance in case of injury. Smart move by the team.

Dawg, what's the word on these two?

January 17, 2012 at 5:58 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

I'm hoping some of the Binghamton groundhogs can chime in about Borocop and Petersson...
I only saw them play in Ottawa vs. the Bulldogs and was really impressed with both.
Boro is really aggressive and physical in his own end.
Petersson is like a smaller version of Alfie - great hands and vision; more of a play-maker.

January 17, 2012 at 6:14 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Shane Prince will likely be in Bingo next year, but he had 2G 4A in a 9-4 67s rout of the Peterborough Petes tonight. That's 20 points in 10 games since being cut by the USA WJC team.

January 19, 2012 at 10:03 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Baby Sens rout David Rundblad's Portland Pirates tonight 6-2. Rundblad finished -2 with 15PMs (5 and 10 for boarding).

I love how the Sens were so worried about Rundblad and how he'd refuse to go down to the AHL. Yet, Phoenix just got him and packed his bags to Portland.

Also, Rob KLINKHAMMER has 32pts (11Gs) in 30 games with Bingo. Be interesting to see him get a few games with the big boys at some point.

February 18, 2012 at 10:46 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

the lady who covers the BSens on Twitter predicted that Klinkhammer would get called up to Ottawa sometime this year--she said that over a month ago.

February 18, 2012 at 11:09 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Yeah, I remember that now that you mention it. She probably jinxed him. I am really pleased that the Sens have not given up on O'Brien and it looks like he may be a player on this team.

February 19, 2012 at 12:20 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

... yeah, it'd be quite a sight to see O'Brien nose to nose with someone like Marchand - schnozz wars. Of course, O'Brien would have to crouch a wee bit ...

February 19, 2012 at 8:10 AM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Not the B-Sens, but a player who will probably be there next year:

With a goal so far in today's game, Senator draft pick Shane Prince (2011- 2nd round), playing for the Ottawa 67s, has tied the OHL's longest scoring streak of this season at 17 games, with 18G 16A during the streak.

February 19, 2012 at 2:53 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

It'd be interesting to see how Prince translates his game up a level to the pros (Bingo). I had high hopes for Corey Cowick who played for the 67's, too, but it looks like he's struggling with Bingo (13pts in 74 AHL games). He's a smart two-way player and probably needs more seasoning like O'Brien, to find his game at the pro level.

Sens have so many potentially great prospects coming up the pipeline: Prince, Stone, Zibanejad, Da Costa, Borwiecki, Wiercioch, Silfverberg, Gryba, Petersson, Hoffman, Noessen, Pageau....

Here's the Feb. 13th report on the Sens prospects (lots of college guys): http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/PDFs/Prospect_Update-021312.pdf

February 19, 2012 at 3:11 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

speaking of Silfverberg: DobberHockey wrote this

. Ottawa prospect Jakob Silfverberg (who snuck that ‘f’ in there?) believes that he is ready for the NHL. Silfverberg on the extra year spent in Sweden:

“"It's a big step to take, and I didn't feel mature enough to take that step. I needed this year to make sure I'm ready for it and now I'm sure. I´m ready."

To the question if he would return to Sweden next season if he got sent to the AHL he answered, "No, my goal is to play in the NHL, if Ottawa thinks I need time in the AHL to reach that goal, thats what I'll do."”

Silfverberg has been compared to Daniel Alfredsson in terms of how he plays the game. He won’t be an elite top line talent, but he will very likely develop into a steady winger capable of playing in the top six. Ottawa has a number of good young forwards who will be cracking the lineup in the next season or two.

February 19, 2012 at 9:31 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Yeah, but the Laffs got Khadri, who I believe is a shoe-in for the Calder trophy... wait, is he still a rookie?

All screaming trees aside, Ottawa has the potential to be the Detroit of the east with the amount of good Swedes developing. Already, the Sens have a comparable to Detroit's legendary Lindstrom in Karlsson (different players but both are all-stars).

Hopefully, Silfverberg is Alfie's replacement. Zibanejad could give us a 3rd line centre who can check the best of them and also score. Turris should stay on the second line. Zack Smith is a lock at 4th line centre. Then you sprinkle some grit and ruggedness throughout the lineup with Foligno, Neil, Greening and some skill and speed with Condra, Michalek. Butler, Daugavins and O'Brien are guys still on the bubble.

Guys like Stone, Da Costa and Petersson could be possible replacements for the injured and (possibly) departing Regin, Winchester and Konopka. Or, Regin and Winchester both comeback healthy and hungry to prove themselves, and Konopka gets extended 1 year. This will give time for Stone to work down in the AHL and Da Costa and Petersson to step in as callups.

February 19, 2012 at 10:25 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Well, Petersson got himself in hot water:

Senators prospect Andre Petersson has gotten himself in hot water in Binghamton. Presented with the player-of-the-month award Saturday, Petersson was booed by the faithful at the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena after comments he made to Swedish newspaper Sportbladet were translated and reprinted.

Apparently, Petersson can’t stand the place.

“Just Google Binghamton. Have you been there? Don’t go there,” he was quoted as saying.

The 21-year-old was forced to issue a mea culpa after a 6-2 victory over Portland. One section chanted: “Go home!” “I’d like to say I’m really, really sorry,” Petersson told the Binghamton Press and Sun Bulletin. “I said some really stupid stuff, but I really, really regret it. It probably wasn’t exactly the words I used, either, twisted in some weird way. I really like the crowd here. I like the team we have, and all the guys. It’s fun playing here.”

February 20, 2012 at 9:36 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg