Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > The Bacon Explosion! It's real!

If anyone missed Bobby Ryan's interview on the Team today with TGOR, it's well worth listening to the podcast of it. He's got a great personality and hopefully his on ice play is as good.

July 17, 2013 at 11:07 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

that Ryan post has nothing to do with Bacon, clicked on the wrong heading

July 17, 2013 at 11:10 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Sad news: Aporkalypse Now is no longer on tap at the Arrow & Loon. I hope Hogsback Brewing will bring it back in the fall/winter, as I've never had a beer flavoured with pork before and I'd really like to have it again.

July 17, 2013 at 11:56 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

"that Ryan post has nothing to do with Bacon, clicked on the wrong heading"

that's ok, bacon goes with everything and makes everything better.

July 18, 2013 at 4:22 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Okay it is not a bacon explosion.... or even pork but thought some of you may enjoy this.

I am starting to may my Labour Day main course, yes Labour Day that is just how long this is going to take. I am making Montreal Smoked Meat, it is basically Schwartz's recipe (not exact because that is a secret). It involves the largest slab of meat I have even worked with, a 12 lb brisket.

Check out my Twitter feed for updates.

August 20, 2013 at 2:03 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

Winter is coming! That means hello hockey but goodbye smoking. With the low temperatures make difficult to regulate the internal temp of the smoker it looks like next week will be my final bacon explosion of the season.

For this one I am taking a chance on it, something new... a morning explosion... the BBE! or Breakfast Bacon Explosion! If it works out it just might be the greatest breakfast meal ever.

September 20, 2013 at 8:10 AM | Registered CommenterSystine

Tonight I will be making the BBE, and as usual will post on my Twitter account.

- 2 Pounds of bacon
- 2 Pounds of homemade breakfast sausage
- Grated hard boiled eggs
- Fried potato and onions
- Maple syrup

Smoke from Sugar Maple wood chips.

September 26, 2013 at 3:56 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

Update:

Aporkalypse Now Bacon Oatmeal Stout from HogsBack Brewing in Ottawa is back on tap at the Arrow & Loon Pub in Fifth Ave Court.

Act now -- supplies are limited!

January 8, 2014 at 11:48 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal