Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > The Bacon Explosion! It's real!

Duck, re: your lasagna video. considering the famine in africa, i felt shame just watching that.

August 2, 2011 at 11:44 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

My Neighbour is a chef and he was nice enough to bring me a small plate of smoked pulled pork.

When I get around to the full lamb roast he left me too, i might post a picture of that.

August 9, 2011 at 7:14 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

... bump ... because I was just feelin' hungry ... ;0)

August 22, 2011 at 8:11 AM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Just put one on the BBQ for our Labour Day Party.... Will post pics when available!

September 2, 2011 at 12:28 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

anxiously awaiting....

September 2, 2011 at 1:31 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Here is my Labour Day BBQ main dish! I too added onions and peppers to it, this makes a great base vessel that you can do a lot with. I will be trying it again but kicking it up a bit more.

The Bacon Explosion

BTW, this is best served on a bun!

You will notice that in the glazing picture the BBQ changes... unfortunately weather came in and had to retreat another location to finish it up.

September 6, 2011 at 8:10 AM | Registered CommenterSystine

sweet Mary and Joseph! that is a work of art!!!!

September 6, 2011 at 9:19 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

woah, woah, woah

Are you developing an acute case of dementia Ricky?
I got my balls cut off for adding peppers to the Bacon Bomb. I demand an apology... or at least a pillow.

September 6, 2011 at 10:37 PM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

well, if you bawls weren't always hanging out.....

it was the sauce that won me over. that last, luscious pic....

September 6, 2011 at 11:21 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

... can we at least agree that using vegetables that have been rendered UN-healthy and THEN added to the sainted Bacon Explosion is acceptable and does not constitute blasphemy?!? I think that little amendment will make the experience that much better - how many steak dinners have been made better by any one or more of onions, garlic, peppers or mushrooms.

... i.e. soaked in alcohol, fried up in butter, stuffed with asbestos, etc, etc ... as long as it's health qoutient has been sufficiently dropped, it should be acceptable as Bacon Explosion filler ...

September 6, 2011 at 11:57 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

.........................................................................................agreed.

September 7, 2011 at 12:12 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

what sauce did you use, systine?

September 7, 2011 at 12:16 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

First of all what is with all this anti-veggie crap? What are you guys some kind of macho cave men? Some of the finest food to every touch my grill/stove/lips has been vegetation. You know if you just don’t boil the crap out of them they can take any dish to the next level. French, Italian, Indian, Japanese, Mexican… where would they be without vegetables, I will tell you where English or Irish… Mmmmm doesn’t boiled beef sound good? Not f’en likely!

So back to the bacon... The sauce is Buster Rhino’s, it is a local place that serves up the meanest pulled pork you would ever meet. Unfortunately they were out of their seasoning salt so I had to go with Club House La Grille Wild Whiskey Smoked BBQ seasoning (still at great spice blend). Other ingredients included 2 lbs of thick sliced bacon and 2 lbs of loose sweet Italian sausage special ordered from my butcher. The green bell pepper was fresh from my garden (ya, I even grow my own veggies so suck on that) that was still warm from the sun (just toss a couple of those straight on the grill with a splash of balsamic vinegar and you have a simple but winning side dish). The sweet onion was from the market and I can’t remember where I got the hickory smoking chips. Like I mentioned before this dish is best server on a fresh bun, I used a sweet egg bun that I buttered and caramelized on the grill. And speaking of eggs, I think this sandwich deserved to have a fried egg on it. Their is nothing like a running yolk with bacon and sausage.

Next up is the Prosciutto Explosion followed but the Chorizo Explosion!

September 7, 2011 at 8:29 AM | Registered CommenterSystine

followed by the artery explosion.

September 7, 2011 at 8:45 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

"First of all what is with all this anti-veggie crap? What are you guys some kind of macho cave men? Some of the finest food to every touch my grill/stove/lips has been vegetation."

*sneer*....democrate

September 7, 2011 at 8:46 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

"2 lbs of loose sweet Italian sausage"

are we back to talking about Shredder again?

September 7, 2011 at 8:48 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

*sneer*....democrate

Have another frozen dinner. I prefer the finer things in life... good food and good drinks.

September 7, 2011 at 9:12 AM | Registered CommenterSystine

what do you mean? you hate everything!

September 7, 2011 at 9:40 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Not food, drinks and one other thing:

Roast Duck, Chicken Parmigiana, Cote du Rhone, Hennessy XO, Lagavulin, and Spezza are my favourite things!

September 7, 2011 at 10:00 AM | Registered CommenterSystine

(develops chubby for Systine)

;)

September 7, 2011 at 10:43 AM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

(develops chubby for Systine)

... uh oh ... Systine better keep an eye out for a 1/2 pound of loose un-washed Newfie sausage now ... lol.

September 7, 2011 at 1:15 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Imagine the BBQ you'd need!

ultimate burger

September 13, 2011 at 12:31 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

A baked burger? does that really count?

September 13, 2011 at 6:48 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

Sweet Mary! Just finished fruit for breky then checked out the forum. I am salivating now and feel less of a man for not frying up some bacon! This will not be a good day!

September 13, 2011 at 7:48 AM | Registered CommenterHwydog

I have declared that Man Vs Food is the Official non-hockey tv show of the Sens Underground.

September 27, 2011 at 7:50 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell